2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd love you to describe how Eddie Howe has improved Newcastle as comprehensively, concisely and clearly as that thread. 

8 November 2021 - 5 points

8 November 2022 - 27 points

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We’re scoring more goals and letting fewer in  :cuppa:

image.gif.53ee1a310087e26a5f7f63f9090ec904.gif

Cool, how are we scoring more goals, why are we conceding fewer? Aren't you curious? 

Maybe this is the difference, and it's not a better or worse thing, just a difference. The headline isn't enough for me.

Say we have Fulham next up, they're 9th in the league. There's the headline. In truth it tells me very little about Fulham. So I go a little deeper. They've played 15 games and got 19pts. Still not telling us much about them. They've scored 24, conceded 26. Ok, so now I see they're conceding more than they score, but that still doesn't really tell me anything about how them So I go on FBREF, from 1 page I can see how they play, where they get their goals from, how they concede, and so on. I can get an informed opinion about Fulham. 

To get the same insight, I'd have to watch hours of their games and I'd still be coloured by bias and prejudice. 

Now, if all you're after is the headlines, then you're grand. But, for me, I am too curious to leave it at that. 

Same with Newcastle, we're 3rd in the league. But I want to know more, I want to set aside my subjective opinion for the moment and really understand how we've achieved that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Cool, how are we scoring more goals, why are we conceding fewer? Aren't you curious? 

Maybe this is the difference, and it's not a better or worse thing, just a difference. The headline isn't enough for me.

Say we have Fulham next up, they're 9th in the league. There's the headline. In truth it tells me very little about Fulham. So I go a little deeper. They've played 15 games and got 19pts. Still not telling us much about them. They've scored 24, conceded 26. Ok, so now I see they're conceding more than they score, but that still doesn't really tell me anything about how them So I go on FBREF, from 1 page I can see how they play, where they get their goals from, how they concede, and so on. I can get an informed opinion about Fulham. 

To get the same insight, I'd have to watch hours of their games and I'd still be coloured by bias and prejudice. 

Now, if all you're after is the headlines, then you're grand. But, for me, I am too curious to leave it at that. 

Same with Newcastle, we're 3rd in the league. But I want to know more, I want to set aside my subjective opinion for the moment and really understand how we've achieved that. 

I thought you said concisely 

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I thought you said concisely 

I asked Toonpack to provide a concise explanation to the standard of that thread. 

I have, never, in my life, been concise, brief, or succinct.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So I go on FBREF, from 1 page I can see how they play, where they get their goals from, how they concede, and so on. I can get an informed opinion about Fulham. 

You are a fan of statistics not of football. Thats fine, but this is a football forum

Edited by spongebob toonpants

7 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

You are a fan of statistics not of football. Thats fine, but this is a football forum

I've only seen two other people so consistently wrong; CT and Wolfy.

Are you happy sitting at that table?

• Haha 4

This is the look of a man thinking, 'we've travelled 3,000 miles to the fucking desert and still can't get rid of this covid spreading cunt'.

image.png.247716478bbfa1384dc58a81afbe5120.png

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 9

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Two fucking widnow lickers in love

Had to check the URL to make sure I wasn't on Ready to go for a second. 

Behave yourself man :lol: 

• Haha 3

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat