2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'd love you to describe how Eddie Howe has improved Newcastle as comprehensively, concisely and clearly as that thread. 

Eddie has greatly improved the players fitness, to levels scarcely hard to believe, educated them so they have an innate tactical awareness of the use of space, and the creation thereof, and he has coached them to play at a high intensity at all times. THE END. (sorry no graphs, based on eyeball evidence only).

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Eddie has greatly improved the players fitness, to levels scarcely hard to believe, educated them so they have an innate tactical awareness of the use of space, and the creation thereof, and he has coached them to play at a high intensity at all times. THE END. (sorry no graphs, based on eyeball evidence only).

Concise, but not comprehensive or clear. e.g. " to levels scarcely hard to believe," if something is scarcely hard to believe, that means it's fairly easy to believe? 

It doesn't tell me formation, shape, or style. The only things I can take from that is that the players create and use space, also they run around a lot. 

C- Needs to show working out.

;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

This is the look of a man thinking, 'we've travelled 3,000 miles to the fucking desert and still can't get rid of this covid spreading cunt'.

image.png.247716478bbfa1384dc58a81afbe5120.png

his mouth is smiling. his eyes are not 

One or several of the usual fan suspects photographed with the owners/players etc in Saudi. How the fuck do they get invited over there, who pays for them? It's one of the puzzling aspects of nufc since fatty fucked off and I can't say I particularly like it tbh. 

• Like 1

I think Craig wondered if the club was paying him a while back and many, me included, laughed at the notion. But I can’t see how he’d be getting this access otherwise. Let alone the costs involved. Even if he’s doing well enough now to make a living out of it, the outlay for what is essentially some warm weather training and PR would be huge you’d think 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I think Craig wondered if the club was paying him a while back and many, me included, laughed at the notion. But I can’t see how he’d be getting this access otherwise. Let alone the costs involved. Even if he’s doing well enough now to make a living out of it, the outlay for what is essentially some warm weather training and PR would be huge you’d think 

I'm convinced he's employed by the club in some capacity. Perhaps they do see the value in having a 'village idiot' doing humorous vlogs to appeal to fanbase. It'd appear to be working because let's face it, what we all used to think of as a cringeworthy superfan has become a source of amusement on here.

It was more than Pearson from over here, saw pics of the Geordie dentist and a couple more. Also notice it's been happening over here sometimes as well and then you get notices of informal discussions going on with 'fan representatives' and I'm pretty sure anything discussed will suit them and them alone. I'm still foaming about the decision to limit the small number of season tickets that went on sale to fans that had purchase history only after 2017 and disregard anyone else meaning someone who could've bought a single ticket once after that had more chance of one than someone who had decades of support and purchase history. Apparently it had nothing to do with fan representatives as I've already inquired but I'm not 100% convinced if I'm honest. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm convinced he's employed by the club in some capacity. Perhaps they do see the value in having a 'village idiot' doing humorous vlogs to appeal to fanbase. It'd appear to be working because let's face it, what we all used to think of as a cringeworthy superfan has become a source of amusement on here.

A lot of his popularity is with young kids it seems. I.e. the types for whom hanging around the training ground in the summer hols hoping for autographs etc. is age-appropriate, unlike him and some of the other touchers for whom it’s a full-time occupation. When you consider how much the Saudis are willing to pay Messi to promote tourism there (for example) it’s not a lot to pay for his travel and accommodation really. Who knows? 
Also, I love Messi and have enjoyed watching him since he broke into Barca team as a kid but how the fuck does he get a free pass? All you hear on ITV and BBC is how every neutral would love him to win a World Cup for his legacy. He plays for a team owned by the Qataris whilst having an ambassadorial role with the Saudis. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Also, I love Messi and have enjoyed watching him since he broke into Barca team as a kid but how the fuck does he get a free pass? All you hear on ITV and BBC is how every neutral would live him to win a World Cup for his legacy. He plays for a team own by the Qataris whilst having an ambassadorial role with the Saudis. 

Agree with this. I think it's down to the inevitable comparisons and parallels pundits draw with Maradona - the whole 'Maradona single-handedly won Argentina a World Cup so Messi should be able to do the same. The comparisons are bollocks to me aside from them being the Argentinan talisman who wore the number 10 shirt. For me Messi marveled on the club stage; Maradona more on the world stage. 

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Agree with this. I think it's down to the inevitable comparisons and parallels pundits draw with Maradona - the whole 'Maradona single-handedly won Argentina a World Cup so Messi should be able to do the same. The comparisons are bollocks to me aside from them being the Argentinan talisman who wore the number 10 shirt. For me Messi marveled on the club stage; Maradona more on the world stage. 

Maradona was an absolute genius but there’s a load of revisionism spouted by the sort of social media types who won’t even be old enough to remember him. All aimed at having a go at Messi. Argentina weren’t shite in 86. Anything but. Maradona winning it single-handed  ignores his having a very quiet game against Italy in the group stages. But mainly the final. He got an assist but he was well shackles by a West Germany side a good 4 years short of their peak. The same goes for Napoli. They had some very good players but most of the people who say they were shite too couldn’t name one bar Maradona. It’s also totally different now. Maradona would be playing for one of the massive CL teams 

• Like 2

Yep agree with that also. The Argentinian side of 86 was far more than just Maradona. Burruchaga in particular was fantastic. 

By contrast the '90 Argentinian side were fucking awful. How they got to the final quite frankly beggars belief to this day. England would have beaten them, although they'd have tried to kick us off the park, much like they did with the Germans.

51 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It was more than Pearson from over here, saw pics of the Geordie dentist and a couple more. Also notice it's been happening over here sometimes as well and then you get notices of informal discussions going on with 'fan representatives' and I'm pretty sure anything discussed will suit them and them alone. I'm still foaming about the decision to limit the small number of season tickets that went on sale to fans that had purchase history only after 2017 and disregard anyone else meaning someone who could've bought a single ticket once after that had more chance of one than someone who had decades of support and purchase history. Apparently it had nothing to do with fan representatives as I've already inquired but I'm not 100% convinced if I'm honest. 

Wasn’t there a load of “fan reps” who ditched their season tickets before Ashley left and were bitching on about ticket issues as soon as PIF bought the club? Are you suggesting they magically regained their STs? 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Maradona was an absolute genius but there’s a load of revisionism spouted by the sort of social media types who won’t even be old enough to remember him. All aimed at having a go at Messi. Argentina weren’t shite in 86. Anything but. Maradona winning it single-handed  ignores his having a very quiet game against Italy in the group stages. But mainly the final. He got an assist but he was well shackles by a West Germany side a good 4 years short of their peak. The same goes for Napoli. They had some very good players but most of the people who say they were shite too couldn’t name one bar Maradona. It’s also totally different now. Maradona would be playing for one of the massive CL teams 

Maradonna was injured in the semi v Belgium in 86 so was a bit off his game in the final iirc :cuppa:

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Maradonna was injured in the semi v Belgium in 86 so was a bit off his game in the final iirc :cuppa:

I don’t remember that if I’m honest. It wasn’t meant as a dig at him anyway but either way it gives the lie to his winning it on his own. 

• Like 1

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat