2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

45 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Wasn’t there a load of “fan reps” who ditched their season tickets before Ashley left and were bitching on about ticket issues as soon as PIF bought the club? Are you suggesting they magically regained their STs? 🤔

I was seeing loads of 'amnesty' for those who jacked it in when Rafa left as funny enough this was a line for a few of them and indeed there was the 'When Rafa goes I go' campaign at the time wasn't there? Personally I ended my ST at the end of the sports direct arena season and only got it back when Rafa started the championship campaign but left a season before Rafa left as it was beyond any doubt by then that the fat cunt wasn't for changing despite having a genuine professional manager to be able guide him but, unluckily for me, didn't fall into line with the prominent 'when Rafa goes' people with the media voices as I was a year early so didn't get a single thought and also those that did fuck off then would have a better chance. Again, they say they had no say at all but someone made a decision and it must've been based on something? Now I've said before I'm a massive cynic of the ST going back to the first PL season for us which coincided with the move towards making the stadium an all seater. STs weren't the norm and I hate that they are now especially with the loyalty points system, I think back to some iconic NUFC games I'd have missed out on back in the day had something similar been around then but what the disciples of it forget is not everyone can always have a season ticket for multiple reasons. This doesn't mean they aren't fans historically and presently. The twitterati NUFC supafans who are lucky enough to be in the right place, right time with the means and circumstances which means away games are doable and who 'don't like to brag' do my fucking head in. In a sense I think they're massive hypocrites as the very thing they accuse the 'big 6' of, trying to pull up the ladder, they're doing themselves with the ticket situation including away games, and I say this as someone who could now only only go away once in a blue moon if at all so have no selfish interests. 

Anyway, fuck'em. Happy Christmas! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

what maradona achieved at napoli was pretty amazing tbh

It absolutely was. But they were a very good side. If you think about Italian football back then no fucker was winning Serie A on their own. Careca was absolutely class. Ferrara won about 7 league titles in his career too. Like I was saying, nothing against Maradona. More the stupid hyperbole used to make Messi out to be nowhere near as good on Twitter and the like 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was seeing loads of 'amnesty' for those who jacked it in when Rafa left as funny enough this was a line for a few of them and indeed there was the 'When Rafa goes I go' campaign at the time wasn't there? Personally I ended my ST at the end of the sports direct arena season and only got it back when Rafa started the championship campaign but left a season before Rafa left as it was beyond any doubt by then that the fat cunt wasn't for changing despite having a genuine professional manager to be able guide him but, unluckily for me, didn't fall into line with the prominent 'when Rafa goes' people with the media voices as I was a year early so didn't get a single thought and also those that did fuck off then would have a better chance. Again, they say they had no say at all but someone made a decision and it must've been based on something? Now I've said before I'm a massive cynic of the ST going back to the first PL season for us which coincided with the move towards making the stadium an all seater. STs weren't the norm and I hate that they are now especially with the loyalty points system, I think back to some iconic NUFC games I'd have missed out on back in the day had something similar been around then but what the disciples of it forget is not everyone can always have a season ticket for multiple reasons. This doesn't mean they aren't fans historically and presently. The twitterati NUFC supafans who are lucky enough to be in the right place, right time with the means and circumstances which means away games are doable and who 'don't like to brag' do my fucking head in. In a sense I think they're massive hypocrites as the very thing they accuse the 'big 6' of, trying to pull up the ladder, they're doing themselves with the ticket situation including away games, and I say this as someone who could now only only go away once in a blue moon if at all so have no selfish interests. 

Anyway, fuck'em. Happy Christmas! :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, I was eligible to apply for one of the new season tickets, and was about 30,000 away in the queue. 

I jacked my season ticket in around 2016 after 6 seasons because I couldn't afford it anymore after the bairn was born. The whole tickets situation is fucking mental atm. I don't even bother trying to get one anymore.

I remember being at the NUFC v Inter CL game back in 2002 and there were empty seats dotted about and tickets still on general sale. And that's when we had a decent team! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If it makes you feel any better, I was eligible to apply for one of the new season tickets, and was about 30,000 away in the queue. 

I jacked my season ticket in around 2016 after 6 seasons because I couldn't afford it anymore after the bairn was born. The whole tickets situation is fucking mental atm. I don't even bother trying to get one anymore.

I remember being at the NUFC v Inter CL game back in 2002 and there were empty seats dotted about and tickets still on general sale. And that's when we had a decent team! 

I jacked mine in 2016 and wasn't eligible, as after that point I bought nothing from the club from match day tickets to anything else, the odd game I went to after that was somebody else's ticket. It wasn't that I didn't get one that pissed me off so much more that I wasn't allowed to even get in a queue. If I had the same chance as everyone else no matter how long they'd been going then so be it. It just reeked of self interest somewhere along the line. 

49 minutes ago, Alex said:

It absolutely was. But they were a very good side. If you think about Italian football back then no fucker was winning Serie A on their own. Careca was absolutely class. Ferrara won about 7 league titles in his career too. Like I was saying, nothing against Maradona. More the stupid hyperbole used to make Messi out to be nowhere near as good on Twitter and the like 

led them to their first ever title didn't he? sure, it's a team game and it wasn't all about him but i'd think it's a more spectacular achievement than messi picking up from where ronaldinho left off in a barcelona team that was expected to be competing to win la liga every year. 

i don't mean to discredit messi or owt, but i've just always had a crush on diego. probably because he was the star of the first world cup i remember watching.

the fact he did what he did at napoli with a raging gak habit makes it all the more impressive. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

led them to their first ever title didn't he? sure, it's a team game and it wasn't all about him but i'd think it's a more spectacular achievement than messi picking up from where ronaldinho left off in a barcelona team that was expected to be competing to win la liga every year. 

i don't mean to discredit messi or owt, but i've just always had a crush on diego. probably because he was the star of the first world cup i remember watching.

the fact he did what he did at napoli with a raging gak habit makes it all the more impressive. 

They finished third the season before he arrived iirc. Stick prime Messi in and you arguably get the same result. You can’t compare the eras for reasons already stated. I just think people spout shite about Maradona without context because it’s popular to use it as a stick to beat Messi with. 

Edited by Alex

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Incidentally I think the heavy coke use came later in his time in Naples / after

i think, from what i remember from the brilliant maradona doc, that he was fully blown addict when he won his second title there. it was around the same time that his phone was tapped calling for hookers at 3am. 

• Like 1

Aye,I think the Camorra, who financed the team essentially, got the players to chuck the title (maybe the year after the first one, can’t quite remember the sequence of events). All part of a betting fix. But Maradona was never in on it because they knew he wouldn’t go for it. I think them and one if the Sicilian teams are still only southern teams to have won the league 

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

With what sounds like Adam p commentating :lol: 

Thought it was you when he mentioned North and South Shields mags. 

Endearing amateur is the phrase that comes to mind. 

• Haha 2

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat