2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

37 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

That'll be Darlow gone then. Dubs will be gone in Summer.

Pope is class, but it's a huge step down to Karius or Gillespie. If Darlow and Dubravka leave we'd need a replacement substitute 'keeper.

Was thinking about the stadium expansion the other day whilst the North London derby was on. Most people, including me, have been pretty much entrenched in the idea we should have a L7 expansion of the existing Gallowgate to mirror that of the Milburn and the Leazes. 

What if we didn't and instead razed the entire Gallowgate stand to the ground, including the corners and start from scratch - only this time taking inspiration from Spurs and Dortmund and build at a steeper angle that goes further back and into the corners as well? Perhaps incorporating safe-standing in it too. The issue with Leazes Terrace only exists until halfway along the East Stand so we could easily redevelop the corners and make better use of the corner steps area by the Strawberry. The Milburn statue could be re-located (again!) to near the ones of Bobby & Shearer. 

Redeveloping where we are now is completely “possible” engineering wise. It may however cost more than a whole new stadium in a different location. 

If the owners are happy to pay it, I would prefer to stay where we are. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

His tracking back and interception was good. I hate to piss on your chips but thats basic school boy football after that. In fact, Tripper insisted he made the overall by pointing him the right direction.

Yeah, he had a role in the goal, no doubt, but I'm not sure it needed highlighting. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tom said:

Alien Burnsie, Sean Casey, Cwarr07…you boys have took one hell of a beating 

:lol: Per-Lane

:lol: Gwan lad. You tell em. Although asking the wifey in the ticket office when the next cup tie is, technically isn't chatting a bird up #sayin 

• Haha 1

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat