2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

CN incoming in 3 2... 

Okay maybe not. 🙂 

If it's possible to have less than no credibility that's CN.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Howay said:

Hopefully Adidas are our next kit maker, this is apparently Scotlands next kit. 

9F22814C-07A1-453E-AA86-D5788285BC96.jpeg

I'm sure I saw somewhere it was an anniversary special shirt? (Not sure if the players will wear it?) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Hopefully Adidas are our next kit maker, this is apparently Scotlands next kit. 

9F22814C-07A1-453E-AA86-D5788285BC96.jpeg

Does the ay up by gum cap come as a Scottish /Yorkshire style accessory, to entice English fans to defect?

• Haha 3

It’s going to be worn in qualifiers v Cyprus and Spain in April and the game for 150th anniversary of the SFA v England in September :good:

It will also be the first current Scotland strip I’ve bought since the 1990 World Cup, I’d left home 6 months beforehand and I wouldn’t turn 21 till that October  🤪

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s going to be worn in qualifiers v Cyprus and Spain in April and the game for 150th anniversary of the SFA v England in September :good:

It will also be the first current Scotland strip I’ve bought since the 1990 World Cup, I’d left home 6 months beforehand and I wouldn’t turn 21 till that October  🤪

I had 1990 shirt, also the whole 86 WC strip as it was fucking lush, especially the shorts. 👍

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It will also be the first current Scotland strip I’ve bought since the 1990 World Cup, I’d left home 6 months beforehand and I wouldn’t turn 21 till that October  🤪

season 6 episode 23 GIF

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://theathletic.com/4171807/2023/02/10/eddie-howe-bournemouth-newcastle/?source=user-shared-article

Really nice article about Howe and his return to Bournemouth. 

If you don't have the Athletic, stick it through that 12 foot ladder thing. Or don't. I couldn't give a shit. 

The way he spoke about them in the presser was nice.

I think it was Rents that said he was boring.  But nah.  The guy just oozes class.  He could ooze that class on my face anytime.

58 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The way he spoke about them in the presser was nice.

I think it was Rents that said he was boring.  But nah.  The guy just oozes class.  He could ooze that class on my face anytime.

Renton can say that but it's not Eddie Howe that gets locked in days long politics back and forths with Rayvin, NOW IS IT?! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

Fuck me.  What a CUNT

On one hand you have to be fair to CN because obviously some other people, especially the club as well as some large law firms did also got played by the fraudster.

But on the other it was a shambolic journalistic performance. He said several times that he had been working on the story since November 19 until he published it in June 20. By then he failed to uncover that Mauriss had already missed two opportunities to buy the club because he couldn’t provide even the initial 250K it needed to go forward with the deal. He also wasn’t able to uncover that Ashley’s camp had already gotten frustrated by Mauriss even before the Saudi bid came on the table. The club already had started to see him as a time waster. But Edwards kept mocking PCP for their “confidence” and kept on pushing the narrative in summer 20 that Mauriss bid was there for taking but that the club stupidly stuck to the Saudi deal.

The only thing there for the taking was the big scoop that Edwards missed and now got another journalist a great story. Quite a few people were pointing CN directly towards several inconsistencies regarding Mauriss and his company especially investigations by the FBI. But instead of picking up on it and starting some investigative queries he was looking for fights with fans and enjoyed going on extensive banning sprees. If only he had done his job in seriously investigating a story than abusing his professional duty by “sticking up for a friend” and hilariously trying to convince others of the good job the bacon-muncher was doing.

I do actually think that Edwards can come up with decent stories due to his connections and writing skills, but just because of Brucey and now Henry he has lost any remaining journalistic credibility when it comes to Newcastle. The occasional transfer story that he gets right won’t change this. The two things he got spectacularly wrong will stick with him for as long as he will cover Newcastle.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

https://theathletic.com/4171807/2023/02/10/eddie-howe-bournemouth-newcastle/?source=user-shared-article

Really nice article about Howe and his return to Bournemouth. 

If you don't have the Athletic, stick it through that 12 foot ladder thing. Or don't. I couldn't give a shit. 

12 foot ladder appears fecked for The Athletic sadly

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat