2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

30 minutes ago, MrBass said:

I wouldn't rule Brighton out just yet as they've also got a pretty decent GD.

Just chopping this to a different thread so we don't ruin the match thread mojo.

Brighton's form for their last 10 games is 1.9ppg. Their ppg for the full season to date is 1.7 so they're currently running hot.

Ours is 1.8ppg. Our ppg for the full season to date is 1.9.  

If we allow Brighton to continue their current run for the remaining 11 games, they end the season on 67 points.

For us to finish on 66 points, we'd have to drop to under 1.2ppg for the remainder of the season. A 37% drop in ppg.  

For reference, our worst return for a consecutive run of 10 games this season is 1.4ppg. And we've gone as high as 2.6ppg.  

So you'd have to believe we're about to have a sustained run of form that is worse than we've had all season (just as we appear to be coming into a great run of form), whilst Brighton continue on a run that is basically as good as they've managed all season for the last 11 games.  

For reference for Brighton, they've run as low as 1.1 for a consecutive run of 10 games this season. Their highest is 2.0.

I invite you all to stop worrying about Brighton, and I invite CT to take off one of the pairs of Huggies Pull-Ups that he's wearing. I'll deal with Spurs in a separate post later.   

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just chopping this to a different thread so we don't ruin the match thread mojo.

Brighton's form for their last 10 games is 1.9ppg. Their ppg for the full season to date is 1.7 so they're currently running hot.

If we allow Brighton to continue their current run for the remaining 11 games, they end the season on 67 points.

For us to finish on 66 points, we'd have to drop to under 1.2ppg for the remainder of the season. A 37% drop in ppg.  

For reference, our worst return for a consecutive run of 10 games this season is 1.4ppg. And we've gone as high as 2.6ppg.  

So you'd have to believe we're about to have a sustained run of form that is worse than we've had all season (just as we appear to be coming into a great run of form), whilst Brighton continue on a run that is basically as good as they've managed all season for the last 11 games.  

For reference for Brighton, they've run as low as 1.1 for a consecutive run of 10 games this season. Their highest is 2.0.

I invite you all to stop worrying about Brighton, and I invite CT to take off one of the pairs of Huggies Pull-Ups that he's wearing. I'll deal with Spurs in a separate post later.   

goals love GIF by LVRS

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I think we all need a G-Dawg spreadsheet for Top 4 finish this season to help us relax and enjoy the run in. :flowers:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

This xWank shite again? 

OrderlyDismalCentipede-max-1mb.gif

10 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

This xWank shite again? 

OrderlyDismalCentipede-max-1mb.gif

It’s actual points gained though. So a lot more tangible 

27 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm counting no chickens.

Too scarred by "that" year.

Also just look at Arsenal last year, it's?easy to hit a bad run at ghe wrong time.

Still enjoying it for what it's worth, and while not expecting a quick drop on form I will still be astonished if we do it

I think if we'd lurched into the top 6 recently due to a good run of form, or shocking form from other teams, I could understand your caution. But we've been pretty consistent this season, with only really those 5 game end of January, early March where we've gone on a run without a win. Man Utd and Spurs haven't suddenly plummeted either. Like Gemmil says, we're around 2PpG, and we've been around 2PpG since the January after the takeover. That's just what we do; Eat, Sleep, Win one draw one, Rine, Repeat.

We keep that up and we'll end up on 73pts, which is good enough for 3rd in an average season. 

Start buying up Euros.

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat