2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

28 minutes ago, toonotl said:

On the xG against Brentford, it's probably worth considering that their xG was skewed by having two penalties (one that shouldn't have been given) granting them an enormous amount of xG. I think a penalty is worth 0.8xG. And we had a goal scored from 6-yards out chalked off for "reasons" which would've chalked off a fair bit of our xG. Obviously there are variables in every match so I'm not trying to say too much can be drawn, but it's maybe worth mentioning to note that in this instance the xG didn't give as accurate a representation of the balance of play in in the match as it would on average. In short, we didn't get outplayed and mug them as much as the xG may suggest.

To the eye perhaps you could say that: They were better first half. We were better second half. So maybe a draw would've been fair. But then again it should've been 3-0 if VAR hadn't tried their best to fuck us. So fuck them. :lol:

Aye good shout. I did think about mentioning that in my initial post but, between you and me, I thought things were already complicated enough for some of the FUCKHEADS on here.

Looking at the Liverpool v Arsenal match BTW. Arsenal 0.10xP, and they're now 12.8 ahead of their expected points.

Would be an awful shame to see them regress to the mean between now and May. :lol:

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This isn't challenging that, this is saying that given the chances they made and conceded, if you were to simulate the game 10,000 times they would average out with fewer than 3pts.

The implication being that they've been lucky to have got as many points as they have, given the performances in attack and defence.

why not just set the calculation to round to the nearest 0, 1 or 3?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

If you play chicken with a lorry on the motorway the chances of you dying a horrible death are 40% So rounding that to 0 or 1 you’re completely invincible. Crack on.

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Because that would show a less accurate probability 👍🏻

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65232115

Meanwhile Ivan Toney is still playing whilst being investigated.  Fuck all said about Robertson laying hands on him first like.

There is only one way this is going.  Robertson getting off scott free, same for Henderson who squared up to the ref and the lino being suspended. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He pulled his arm away and caught the lad in the face. He didn't throw an elbow. Robertson is a pathetic little cunt for making such a big deal out of it.

What did Klopp have to say about it? The big fucking fanny 

Robertson could have come out after the match and said "I grabbed his arm, he pulled it away, it was an accident"

And that could have been the end of it. I doubt this bloke can afford to be suspended or worse lose his job over it.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:
Robertson could have come out after the match and said "I grabbed his arm, he pulled it away, it was an accident"

And that could have been the end of it. I doubt this bloke can afford to be suspended or worse lose his job over it.

Absolutely, but then it couldn't be the cause celebre for the next week, taking the spotlight off how utterly dogshit Liverpool are. I loathe them so completely. Their fraud manager's fake teeth and fake humility, the deference with which they're treated by officials and the media, the constant wanking over Anfield, their ludicrous spending sprees that somehow are never questioned, their deification of a finished centre-half, Bobo the Clown, their rubbish keeper and his girl's name, and above all, their entitlement. Robertson SHOULD be allowed to pull on a lino's arm and give him dog's abuse, because he plays for Liverpool Football Club. VAR checks? Those don't apply to Liverpool Football Club, any contact and it's a penalty. Added time? Just part of that special Anfield experience. 

The world will be a better place when those no-account HMRC-dodgers are playing FC Bumfukovic in the European Conference League. Sky will have to find someone else to idolize. I hope it isn't us. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He comes out and owns up to grabbing the official its an 8 game ban.  Oh wait on, no he plays for Liverpool.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Yep. Spot on by you and Hope there. He shouldn’t have done it but there’s a world of difference between brushing someone off like that and throwing your elbow in a way that could break someone’s nose or cheek. The way Robertson’s trying to make out it’s the latter is pretty disgraceful. I’m not sure how he’s escaping punishment either. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yep. Spot on by you and Hope there. He shouldn’t have done it but there’s a world of difference between brushing someone off like that and throwing your elbow in a way that could break someone’s nose or cheek. The way Robertson’s trying to make out it’s the latter is pretty disgraceful. I’m not sure how he’s escaping punishment either

7hrays.jpg.4543342179309971b0d5d6a2904a0ff2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat