The women's Euro's 2022

Tom

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Just to make Gemmill squeak like a chinese mouse.

Proves nowt though. The video doesn't show it clearly hitting her forearm. She moves her forearm away the same the ball ricochets in that direction. The clear contact is with her shoulder 

Well done to the England ladies, a great achievement. I just hope with all this excitement that they didn’t forget to get tea ready and do the ironing before they left for Wembley

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Are you honestly trying to prove that it didn’t hit her forearm?

I don’t think Germany got robbed because of this decision though

As I said it does make it even better for you.

• Like 2

After catching the players celebrating/ being interviewed before medal/trophy presentation I think a bit of media training is needed including the BBC interviewer who was clueless

37 minutes ago, Rosco said:

After catching the players celebrating/ being interviewed before medal/trophy presentation I think a bit of media training is needed including the BBC interviewer who was clueless

You’ve done nowt but moan about this competition. Who hurt you?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

Anyway I’ve been following it closely and winning the world cup is a great thing for the women’s game. So jolly well done!

Cheers, Nadine

• Haha 6

I had 5Live on (I know but bear with me) before the game and there were more daft comparisons with the men’s game. Best one was Ellen White being a goal behind Wayne Rooney for the England all time goal scoring record. She already holds the fucking record. Just like if she scores two more goals she’ll still have the record and so will Rooney. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It hits her shoulder which is allowed. If I was German I'd probably feel differently, I'd definitely speak differently.

I bet all the crooked politicians are on the band wagon now. I bet there's fuck all mentions of selling off public playing fields or fucked leisure centres eh? Meanwhile our public poorly service I'd fucked even further. 

Anyways. Well done lasses I hope it inspires a load. I watched the tour de france femmes this week and it was heart warming to see so many lasses out on the course cheering you on. 

Slowly but surly these changes are happening. I know there's been a lot of innuendo and jokes on this thread but I genuinely believe 99% on here are a good bunch and want the positive change. We should treat these lasses like rockstars and if they don't win SPOTY jug ears can fuck off to bum his brother. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I bet all the crooked politicians are on the band wagon now. I bet there's fuck all mentions of selling off public playing fields or fucked leisure centres eh? Meanwhile our public poorly service I'd fucked even further. 

Anyways. Well done lasses I hope it inspires a load. I watched the tour de france femmes this week and it was heart warming to see so many lasses out on the course cheering you on. 

Slowly but surly these changes are happening. I know there's been a lot of innuendo and jokes on this thread but I genuinely believe 99% on here are a good bunch and want the positive change. We should treat these lasses like rockstars and if they don't win SPOTY jug ears can fuck off to bum his brother. 

Johnson sent a message to them yesterday before the final about how whatever happened they had inspired kids onto pitches and playgrounds the length of the country etc. There might have been but you closed them all, you cunts. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, strawb said:

You’ve done nowt but moan about this competition. Who hurt you?

Its because I'm an old Dinosaur......and still waiting for my tea to be made/ironing done/tin bath filled & my back scrubbed

The bits on the BBC, live from somewhere that was packed yesterday where people watched the game, but is empty today. Occasionally interviewing someone who was at that place yesterday, asking them inane questions like - what did you do when England scored? :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

The bits on the BBC, live from somewhere that was packed yesterday where people watched the game, but is empty today. Occasionally interviewing someone who was at that place yesterday, asking them inane questions like - what did you do when England scored? :lol: 

I said, "England have scored" to the Mrs, and then kept scrolling through twitter.

Happy for them and it can only be a good thing for the women's game.

8 hours ago, Alex said:

I had 5Live on (I know but bear with me) before the game and there were more daft comparisons with the men’s game. Best one was Ellen White being a goal behind Wayne Rooney for the England all time goal scoring record. She already holds the fucking record. Just like if she scores two more goals she’ll still have the record and so will Rooney. 

Aye, they asked one of the players after the match how it felt to end 56 years of hurt and I was thinking 'has it really?'.

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, they asked one of the players after the match how it felt to end 56 years of hurt and I was thinking 'has it really?'.

It’s been the same game but two different sports for a century ffs, I dare say the ladies game is now at an elite level in this country 

but it’s not something people can logically make a direct comparison between. You can say Beth Mead’s goals are of equal value to Harry Kane’s but that’s just an opinion . How are you measuring it? 

Edited by PaddockLad