Help with matchday pubs etc

KetteringMag

I'm coming up for the forest game from Northamptonshire on my own , and wondering where the best place to go to watch the early kick off ,have a few beers etc is? 

My train gets in at 1.

First game since Fulham in the championship season and that was in for the game and home again so haven't sampled much pre match atmosphere yet.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Played a lovely golf course in Northamptonshire last month, Farthingstone. 

Pre match pub choice is endless tbh but if you want the atmosphere get dirty and hit Raffertys or something :lol:  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Depends what you're after to be honest. 

Cheap Lager? Normal boozer? Real ale tap house?

No preference , I'll drink just about anything so mainly just people's opinions on the best places around 

2 minutes ago, KetteringMag said:

No preference , I'll drink just about anything so mainly just people's opinions on the best places around 

You've got 1,000,000 options

If you're at the station, there's The Forth Hotel and the Town Wall up Pink Lane, then Raffertys, up to Tilleys, up Stowell Street to Rosies, the Strawberry, then Shearers.

Orrrrrrr you could go down to Ouseburn?

Or Wylam Brewery?

Wylam Brewery is a mad shout, it’s miles away and some cunt could be getting married. You could stumble your way into a pub crawl, mate. If you’re just looking for a bit of lively atmosphere, the closer to the ground the better. You have the likes of The Percy and the Three Bulls on top of each other and around the ground alone, there’s about 4/5 in spitting distance

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wylam Brewery is a mad shout, it’s miles away and some cunt could be getting married. You could stumble your way into a pub crawl, mate. If you’re just looking for a bit of lively atmosphere, the closer to the ground the better. You have the likes of The Percy and the Three Bulls on top of each other and around the ground alone, there’s about 4/5 in spitting distance

I'm just here to give people the opportunity to make bad decisions.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

the percy's quite comfortably my favourite now. cracking pub, characters and atmosphere. less than £3 a pint to boot.

:)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The clock or the garter is canny cheap and in the city centre so about a ten minute walk. Don't go in if there's no match on, though. :lol:

Also don't go in those pubs if there is a match on is my advice. 

• Haha 3

Hardly ever go to the pub before the match nowadays, but when I do its usually the North Terrace. Wrong side of town for most but a pleasent walk to St James and not normally too rammed. 

Bar Loco used to be dead on match days a few years back it was absolutely class.

You finish your pint at 2:45 and be in for kick off :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Bar Loco used to be dead on match days a few years back it was absolutely class.

You finish your pint at 2:45 and be in for kick off :lol: 

Last couple of times I've been in there one of the barmaids has tits that are an absolute joy to behold. :good:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

l used to use the.bodega but it lacks the gorgeous almost botanical garden like outside seating area of the percy.

:lol: Attenborough could turn up with his crew and have a 6 part series based on the creatures that inhabit it on a sunny day

• Haha 2