Other Games 22/23

This refusal to accept that their era of dominance has ended is what, IMO, keeps this slow motion car crash going. They need to give it up and settle to their current natural level, before they can move forward again. Trying to reinvent themselves while retaining the champions league slots was always going to be a fool's errand. Their entire strategy is short termist and therefore is continuously exposed.

If they had just accepted the order of things a season or two after Ferguson left, drifted down to midtable and started putting the foundations down for a new team and dynasty, they'd quite possibly be back threatening at the top by now. Instead they've milked their past successes to death like an aging hollywood actor and spammed money around as if they were Real Madrid, with those millions achieving incredibly poor value against how far money from other clubs goes, but just about keeping them hanging on.

Sit down, take the medicine, spend a few years in midtable. Or continue to be a rolling spectacle of deluded wannabes, clinging on by the fingernails to European slots and relevance, but with no identity, plan or soul. It was funny for a long time but they're increasingly reminding me of the sort of people who harp on about the glory days of the British empire now. It's over, it's done, try to actually build something and move forward for fucks sake. This is just sad now.

EDIT: To clarify mind, I'd be more than happy for them to drift into total obscurity and for that to just be the end of it. No loss whatsoever iyam. They're heading that way no matter what though, and frankly I'd prefer it if they'd just get the fuck out of our way.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hope the poor Man Utd fans can soon get used to being patronised in the way they’ve done to most other fans for the past 30 odd years 

we were by far and away the better team when we played man utd at our place back end of december when howe had only just got his feet under the table. think there's every chance we could finish above them as it stands but with a couple of upgrades on almiron and wood I'd think it was a certainty.  :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Hibeees out tramp the mackems and fiddle with kids and still not beaten the Jambos since 2019 #HHGH

You did spend one of those season since 2019 in the second tier though.

Apologies, it’s mag like behaviour to point that out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Hibeees out tramp the mackems and fiddle with kids and still not beaten the Jambos since 2019 #HHGH

Plenty other things you could've used to take a dig at Hibs without resorting to patter that's on par with the Jambo's singing Billy Boy's in Edinburgh this morning. 

13 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Plenty other things you could've used to take a dig at Hibs without resorting to patter that's on par with the Jambo's singing Billy Boy's in Edinburgh this morning. 

Been to loads of games and never heard that tbh, that said every club has it’s cunts.

22 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Been to loads of games and never heard that tbh, that said every club has it’s cunts.

Loads of Hearts games and you've never noticed any anti-catholic sentiment? Were these matches played in some sort of alternative Scotland?  

I'm not saying all Jambo's are bigots, I'm just highly suspicious of the ones that default to "they fiddle with kids" whenever Hibs or Celtic are mentioned. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Loads of Hearts games and you've never noticed any anti-catholic sentiment? Were these matches played in some sort of alternative Scotland?  

I'm not saying all Jambo's are bigots, I'm just highly suspicious of the ones that default to "they fiddle with kids" whenever Hibs or Celtic are mentioned. 

Tynecastle many times and (the odd away trip) the anti -catholic bollocks is a dying thing and definitely frowned upon by the majority.

FWIW - Of the two arse cheeks in Glasgow I prefer Celtic because I fucking despise the hun cunts.

My fiddler remark had zero religious overtone, I said it as I would say it about mackems. In jest. 

You saw a stick and grabbed completely the wrong end of it.

58 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

I was too shocked to respond. Jambos are Rangers in fuckin purple 🤮

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was too shocked to respond. Jambos are Rangers in fuckin purple 🤮

Aye pretty much. Fucks me off when people talk about sectarianism being a west-coast problem. 

12 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Tynecastle many times and (the odd away trip) the anti -catholic bollocks is a dying thing and definitely frowned upon by the majority.

FWIW - Of the two arse cheeks in Glasgow I prefer Celtic because I fucking despise the hun cunts.

My fiddler remark had zero religious overtone, I said it as I would say it about mackems. In jest. 

You saw a stick and grabbed completely the wrong end of it.

> anti -catholic bollocks is a dying thing and definitely frowned upon by the majority.

Frowning upon it isn't good enough. Call it out when you see it, which is all I've done here.

> You saw a stick and grabbed completely the wrong end of it.

You reached for the kiddy-fiddler stick. I just threw it back at you and pointed out the anti-catholic connotations. I'm trying to give you the benefit of any doubt here. 

>  I prefer Celtic because I fucking despise the hun cunts.

Fucking hell. I'm gonna assume you've never said that out loud at tynecastle?

I don’t know. All he seems to have is pace, power, movement and the ability to finish. As well as playing in a side that creates lots of chances 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Aye pretty much. Fucks me off when people talk about sectarianism being a west-coast problem. 

> anti -catholic bollocks is a dying thing and definitely frowned upon by the majority.

Frowning upon it isn't good enough. Call it out when you see it, which is all I've done here.

> You saw a stick and grabbed completely the wrong end of it.

You reached for the kiddy-fiddler stick. I just threw it back at you and pointed out the anti-catholic connotations. I'm trying to give you the benefit of any doubt here. 

>  I prefer Celtic because I fucking despise the hun cunts.

Fucking hell. I'm gonna assume you've never said that out loud at tynecastle?

keep digging for stuff to suit your narrative mate, you brought up the sectarian nonsense, not me.

You took an slur I could/would throw at any teams fans and decided I was being sectarian, so you can fuck off with that shit

As for your last point, have had many a “hate the hun cunts” conversations with Jambo’s in and around Tynecastle, Diggers, Tynecastle Arms (tremendous pies btw). One thing absolutely guaranteed to get the jambo’s That I know raging is to tar them with the hun brush.

I worked in Edinburgh for a few years and was surprised/shocked at the sectarianism even in the office, it was a very small minority but it was there, free church guy and one hun fan would not talk to catholics unless the job absolutely required it, it was contemptible. Do fucking not paint me in that light.

The catholic / protestant discussion - be it for either the Glasgow or Edinburgh teams is something that should be avoided in these environments IYAM. No-one will ever agree and it'll just degenerate into mudslinging and vitriol for post after post.

• Like 1