Other Games 22/23

They look rotten.  First look at Lisandro Martinez.  Didn't realise he was that short. He'll get bullied in this league.

They can't get any players in and this start is going to make it even more difficult to attract  anyone decent.

Shame for Eriksen. He has chosen poorly.

When you enjoy constant stimulation you become numb to the effects, so seek further extremes to achieve the rush a bit of self-discipline would have brought without wackiness or turmoil. That is Fergie's legacy.

2 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

If Keane was e-commerce savvy he'd have set-up his own channel for this season.

He could be doing vlogs from the end of his bed in his dressing gown, like Big Ron did for the world Cup after he'd been sacked from ITV for doing a racism. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

He could be doing vlogs from the end of his bed in his dressing gown, like Big Ron did for the world Cup after he'd been sacked from ITV for doing a racism. 

Big Ron was the manager at Sheff wed when I played my first season there, 97 I think.

We played our matches at the training ground and occasionally the first team would be there if they didn’t have a game.

He would take training in them cotton shorts from the 60’s that went past your knee and all his gold jewellery on.

He sometimes came to watch the kids teams play, there was two pitches side by side so he could stand in the middle and watch both games. He would keep the shorts and gold on, but put a fir coat on and flirt with the mams.

Edited by strawb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

“Man Utd were so bad that it wouldn’t surprise me if Eriksen faked another heart attack to get out of his contract!”  - Me on 8 out of 10 Cats

He faked the first one tbh.

I can only assume that Redknapp is on the wind up there, in which case fair play.

Putting aside the money aspect of it the Glazers have been absolutely woeful for that club. For years it has been obvious that they have no one good enough running the football and recruitment operations and they’ve done absolutely nothing to address that. They clearly don’t give a shit about the fans but even to protect their own investment it’s been negligent from them. They’ve spent over £1.3 billion on players in the last ten years and look like a lower mid table side. When the managers change, the players change and the chief exec changes then the only common theme is the owners.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can only assume that Redknapp is on the wind up there, in which case fair play.

Putting aside the money aspect of it the Glazers have been absolutely woeful for that club. For years it has been obvious that they have no one good enough running the football and recruitment operations and they’ve done absolutely nothing to address that. They clearly don’t give a shit about the fans but even to protect their own investment it’s been negligent from them. They’ve spent over £1.3 billion on players in the last ten years and look like a lower mid table side. When the managers change, the players change and the chief exec changes then the only common theme is the owners.

I know, it’s great isn’t it

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The fans wax lyrical when they spunk fortunes on Lukaku, Sancho, Ronaldo, Pogba, Varane, Fernandes, Fred, Wan Bissaka etc. 

Then massive revisionism happens when they're shit and it's the owners fault for sanctioning the wrong players. Fuck the lot of them, the entitled pricks 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I know, it’s great isn’t it

standing waiting for a train on a packed platform at falmer yesterday and everyone was aware brentford were already 2-0 up. a brighton supporter commented that it was quite sad to see man utds unravelling a little too loudly. he was promptly put in his place by both geordies and his own. poor bloke had no choice but to meekly concede it perhaps wasn't after all.

by the time we got off at lewes station it was 4, fucking hilarious!

:lol:

• Haha 1

Manchester United were the biggest beneficiaries of the financial explosion is English football in the 1990’s. Yes, Ferguson was a fantastic manager but certainly some of the titles they won can be attributed to the massive financial advantage they had over their rivals.

And it’s that same financial success that has left them open to exploitation by a group of dodgy Americans who know nothing about football. It has allowed them to take over one of the biggest football clubs in the world with zero risk of losing their own money and has also made it too expensive for anyone else to realistically buy the club from them.

TLDR: Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 4

In the clip, I think Redknapp is just too thick to understand that the players and their attitude are a symptom of the prolonged mismanagement at the top. Rather than being on the wind up. 

I fucking love seeing Man United like this though. I really hope Ronaldo gets his wish to leave cos they'll be even worse if he's not there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Gary's in a temper!

He’s spot on tbf. Redknapp is fucking clueless. Makes for good telly though, which is what I expect he’s been instructed to do by the producer  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Manchester United were the biggest beneficiaries of the financial explosion is English football in the 1990’s. Yes, Ferguson was a fantastic manager but certainly some of the titles they won can be attributed to the massive financial advantage they had over their rivals.

And it’s that same financial success that has left them open to exploitation by a group of dodgy Americans who know nothing about football. It has allowed them to take over one of the biggest football clubs in the world with zero risk of losing their own money and has also made it too expensive for anyone else to realistically buy the club from them.

TLDR: Live by the sword, die by the sword.

spot on 

• Like 1