Other Games 22/23

4 hours ago, Howay said:

The scary part is their team still hasn’t really clicked playing a 9 yet. I watched a clip recently highlighting a number of times where he was wide open with an open net and his team mate just needed to square it to him but they weren’t expecting him to be in the position so took the shot instead. 

I’ve just seen MOTD and the amount of space he gets is ridiculous. Obviously teams are aware of it and are looking out for him him but he makes the space for himself so easily. He’s not a Messi or Ronaldo but will always be in goalscoring positions and the sooner Madrid come calling the better for every other team in the PL.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve just seen MOTD and the amount of space he gets is ridiculous. Obviously teams are aware of it and are looking out for him him but he makes the space for himself so easily. He’s not a Messi or Ronaldo but will always be in goalscoring positions and the sooner Madrid come calling the better for every other team in the PL.

I rate him higher than Mbappe. Seems to have a much better attitude and less ego than him too. After the way he's snubbed Madrid they should just forget about him and get this guy instead.

He’s a machine. Seems custom built for football when you consider his strength and pace but he’s got the brain, he’s always moving in the box, has two great feet, is good in the air and is even class at pens. If you could create a striker, he’s basically who you’d come up. And even the crack about him being “injury prone” seems very premature 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Klopp going into Parker's technical area at 9-0 while the match is still playing and putting his arm around him. Parker's face was a bit like when we won the Intertoto Cup. 

I don't blame Parker being pissed off. Klopp would be fucking livid if someone did it to him if Liverpool were getting hammered so it was a bit patronising if you ask me. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I don't blame Parker being pissed off. Klopp would be fucking livid if someone did it to him if Liverpool were getting hammered so it was a bit patronising if you ask me. 

Aye I don't know what Klopp was thinking. Say something in private after the match but don't do that to him in front of a stadium full of people. 

It's the sort of thing scousers will think was "pure class la", but really it was a bit of a cunty thing to do. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Was on about the Intertoto Cup the other day, can anyone remember who we beat to get that illustrious certificate?

We won it by being the team that qualified for the UEFA cup via the intertoto that got the furthest in the UEFA cup.

Pathetic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Was on about the Intertoto Cup the other day, can anyone remember who we beat to get that illustrious certificate?

I was there that night and even I can't remember 😂 

Arsenal away and Man City at home next up for Villa. Gerrard blaming his players: "I'm all in, my staff are all in, but it's got to come from within the players as well" 

He should go, but I'd be amazed if they get rid of him before Christmas given how much they've allowed him to spend/wreck the wage bill. You've almost got to let it play out to see if he can turn it around. 

I think Forest will stop up. 56% possession against Spurs and they matched them for goal attempts too. There were periods where they were all over Spurs yesterday. Looks like Cooper is already starting to get a tune out of his new squad. 

Be a great story if they stay up, although it sets a terrible example and someone down the line will go bust trying to emulate it. 

• Like 1