Other Games 22/23

On 03/10/2022 at 12:37, wykikitoon said:

Everyone (rightfully) is shitting their pants over Haaland. Whilst basically ignoring KDB. That fucker is equally insane. 

meanwhile Foden has got to 50 goals quicker than Messi 🙂(not that anyone's that good, just saying)

On 02/10/2022 at 15:53, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We laugh but we genuinely did :lol: this Man City side is a free-scoring bunch of doped up freaks and it was only a 5 minute spell where they turned the screw that got them back into the game. It’ll be a different story down there like :lol: 

we rode our luck at yours, but if current form is anything to go by it should be different at the etihad for sure, 4 home games, 4 hat tricks !! plus akanjii seems insane at the back, a steal at £15m. 

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

meanwhile Foden has got to 50 goals quicker than Messi 🙂(not that anyone's that good, just saying)

I thought Foden would have been rotated more by now. He's a great player

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

we rode our luck at yours, but if current form is anything to go by it should be different at the etihad for sure, 4 home games, 4 hat tricks !! plus akanjii seems insane at the back, a steal at £15m. 

You're probably in the best position to tell us.; would a full strength NUFC stand a better chance against your lot if they sit off and play a low block for 90 minutes trying to cling on, or press across the pitch and try and hit you on the counter?

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Gone fishing.

On 04/04/2012 at 16:59, The Fish said:

:lol: To be honest, and I'm sure in the cold light of sobriety I'll regret disclosing this, but I've just squared away a shag with an ex when I revisit Leeds in May :good:

You're probably in the best position to tell us.; would a full strength NUFC stand a better chance against your lot if they sit off and play a low block for 90 minutes trying to cling on, or press across the pitch and try and hit you on the counter?

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

i think the majority of the points we drop come from a low block and a quick counter. palace do it to us really well.

pressing us is fine but that's what we want you to do. we try and draw teams onto us then beat the press and counter. it creates the space we need.

your pressing worked well this season but i do think that we looked rusty due to only 1 full and 1 storm interrupted pre-season game (our choice i know but Pep likes to give them a long break)

but who knows

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

i think the majority of the points we drop come from a low block and a quick counter. palace do it to us really well.

pressing us is fine but that's what we want you to do. we try and draw teams onto us then beat the press and counter. it creates the space we need.

your pressing worked well this season but i do think that we looked rusty due to only 1 full and 1 storm interrupted pre-season game (our choice i know but Pep likes to give them a long break)

but who knows

Respectfully, I disagree. We rock up with a low block and your ability on the ball, your movement and your efficiency in front of goal means that, even if we were to seriously limit you, you'd still put 2 or 3 past us. Your players, given time on the ball, will create chances. They're just too good not to. And with Haaland, you've a striker who can physically dominate in the box, or disguise a run to lose the defender. No, I honestly believe the only way to stop Man City's unbelievable striker is to stop the supply line. The only way to do that is to be on you the second your ball crosses into our half. 

I also think we now have the players who can beat your press without resorting to hoofing the ball into the stratosphere. Bruno, Joelinton, ASM, are all fine receiving and playing the ball under pressure. We try to BEnites or Bruce you, we'll lose. If we Howe it, we stand a better chance at getting at your defence and picking up a point.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Respectfully, I disagree. We rock up with a low block and your ability on the ball, your movement and your efficiency in front of goal means that, even if we were to seriously limit you, you'd still put 2 or 3 past us. Your players, given time on the ball, will create chances. They're just too good not to. And with Haaland, you've a striker who can physically dominate in the box, or disguise a run to lose the defender. No, I honestly believe the only way to stop Man City's unbelievable striker is to stop the supply line. The only way to do that is to be on you the second your ball crosses into our half. 

I also think we now have the players who can beat your press without resorting to hoofing the ball into the stratosphere. Bruno, Joelinton, ASM, are all fine receiving and playing the ball under pressure. We try to BEnites or Bruce you, we'll lose. If we Howe it, we stand a better chance at getting at your defence and picking up a point.

Well i can't disagree with that.

Haaland is clearly a game changer.

Maybe he has made a low block/counter strategy against us a much riskier strategy and a thing of the past.

Although you do have Dan Burn who is possible one of only a few players that can "out-monster" our monster. (tbh i'm unsure of how good/bad dan burn actually is)

don't know if you watched last night. No Foden, De Bruyne or Rodri ! No Problem. The academy showcased Cole Palmer (coming along nicely thank you), Rico Lewis & Josh Wilson-Esbrand

it's taken us about 10 years to get to this point. i hope for your older fans that you do it a little quicker but we managed to get in ahead of tougher FFP and we have Pep so we may have done it quickly.

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

Well i can't disagree with that.

Haaland is clearly a game changer.

Maybe he has made a low block/counter strategy against us a much riskier strategy and a thing of the past.

Although you do have Dan Burn who is possible one of only a few players that can "out-monster" our monster. (tbh i'm unsure of how good/bad dan burn actually is)

don't know if you watched last night. No Foden, De Bruyne or Rodri ! No Problem. The academy showcased Cole Palmer (coming along nicely thank you), Rico Lewis & Josh Wilson-Esbrand

it's taken us about 10 years to get to this point. i hope for your older fans that you do it a little quicker but we managed to get in ahead of tougher FFP and we have Pep so we may have done it quickly.

We've got some real big lads at the back now. Burn and Botman, big enough to at least make it a contest. Burn doesn't need to be great, just needs to stick to him and make every pass and run challenged. 

Honestly? I'd love Howe to stay a long time and get a chance to win something, a League Cup or Europa League, but we'd need someone like Pep to really hit the heights that you're enjoying right now. 

But, hey is it boring yet? Being mint?

We've got some real big lads at the back now. Burn and Botman, big enough to at least make it a contest. Burn doesn't need to be great, just needs to stick to him and make every pass and run challenged. 

Honestly? I'd love Howe to stay a long time and get a chance to win something, a League Cup or Europa League, but we'd need someone like Pep to really hit the heights that you're enjoying right now. 

But, hey is it boring yet? Being mint?

it isn't boring at all. but then, like you guys, i had a lot of years suffering our shy and retiring neighbours.

being married to a red, i certainly enjoy derby day a lot more than i used to. i used to pray everything would go our way and we could somehow sneak a draw. now i want us to score 10.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

The Fish : "you're probably in the best position to tell us"

LondonBlue - Gives the answer he doesn't want.

TheFish: "I disagree"

🤪

I'll admit I was wrong; he wasn't in the best position to tell us. I was. Again. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Just admit you were wrong and bow down to my superior knowledge and I'll let it slide. This time.

I did admit I was wrong. I thought London Blue would be the best person to tell us how to beat Man City, but, I was wrong. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, toonotl said:

I'll reserve judgment until LondonBlue let's us know if he's Spanish or not.

I'll stick up for fish a bit...... How'd we know that London blue isn't the Man City version of CT? Even though he's a supporter of the Maine Road massive, fish may still know more than Man City than him?

But.....

London blue seems to have half a clue and also goes on another fans message board to get his kicks. He's basically the Manc blue fish. 

Conclusion, fish is just arguing with his blue self. Oh, Dave. :cuppa:

• Haha 8

19 hours ago, The Fish said:

I did admit I was wrong. I thought London Blue would be the best person to tell us how to beat Man City, but, I was wrong. 

And why would i tell you that? For all i know you might be Eddie Howe in disguise. Are you?

Your biggest mistake was assuming i know anything at all. I'm just a 57 year old football masochist, loving my club regardless of success and to be honest i don't really care about success i just want a good day out with my mates. 

Driving up tonight with my 14yo daughter for the game tomorrow so it's more about her than my mates this time and really looking forward to it. 

Years ago, when they did black history month at school, she did her presentation on Yaya Toure. All the other kids were doing Nelson Mandela etc, I was so proud.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, toonotl said:

I'll reserve judgment until LondonBlue let's us know if he's Spanish or not.

I'm from Stockport but i do quite like tapas.

I used to catch the one bus to the ground now i need to set aside a weekend. worth it though.

• Like 1