Other Games 22/23

20 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye. At SJP in the replay. I think they’re the only non-league team to make the 6th round draw. By forcing a 5th round replay. 

Yep. Should never have gone to a replay. Blyth were 1-0 up against Wrexham in the 89th minute and heading for a 6th round tie against Arsenal when...

Although the ball had clearly gone behind via a Wrexham player’s foot, referee Alf Grey gave a corner. To give himself more room, midfielder Les Cartwright moved the corner flag so that it stood at an angle. As Clarke in the Blyth goal collected comfortably, Grey noticed the flag had fallen completely over. He ordered a retake and the flag was balanced into its frozen hole for Cartwright to swing the corner over again. Once more the defence repelled the threat but, incredibly, the flag had fallen over again. Another retake. This time the arc of the cross caught out the Blyth defence and Dixie McNeil managed to force it over the line at the back post. It was the final minute.

https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/from-the-archive-when-a-wobbly-corner-flag-ended-blyth-spartans-fa-cup-run/

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Tyler is dripping in his jizz the fucking nob

Wants retiring the smug itv nobody commentator who got lucky with BskyB who took anybody including the knacker from TVAM, werehands Keys.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yep. Should never have gone to a replay. Blyth were 1-0 up against Wrexham in the 89th minute and heading for a 6th round tie against Arsenal when...

https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/from-the-archive-when-a-wobbly-corner-flag-ended-blyth-spartans-fa-cup-run/

Aye, Ron Guthrie has actually told me that tale before. About 4 times :lol: That aside, their cup exploits in general have been incredible. I think a couple of years  after that they played Hull City in the cup. Les Mutrie’s performance as a striker caused Hull to sign him and he played for them for a few seasons after that. Les was from the same village as me but before my time. He didn’t even take football seriously until he was about 25 as he just liked playing local football with his mates. I think he passed away about 4 or 5 years ago. He wasn’t that old. Mid 60s I think 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye, Ron Guthrie has actually told me that tale before. About 4 times :lol: That aside, their cup exploits in general have been incredible. I think a couple of years  after that they played Hull City in the cup. Les Mutrie’s performance as a striker caused Hull to sign him and he played for them for a few seasons after that. Les was from the same village as me but before my time. He didn’t even take football seriously until he was about 25 as he just liked playing local football with his mates. I think he passed away about 4 or 5 years ago. He wasn’t that old. Mid 60s I think 

That day was the first time I ever heard me Dad say 'Fuck'. And he said it a fair few times mind. Pure robbery.

Never a place I'd return to, but no option now really

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Some quality cup runs in my lifetime. They beat Bournemouth to draw Allardyce's Blackburn in the 3rd round. Lost 1-0.

Then drew Birmingham a few years back, again in the 3rd round. We were 2-0 up at half time and then imploded to lose 3-2

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 21:11, wykikitoon said:

How was Klopp allowed back on the pitch at the end? Surely a red means that's it. You never see players who have been sent off come back on at the end. 

He's allowed onto the pitch if the referee permits it. Found this out earlier this season when one of my lads was sent off. He tried to come onto the pitch and the ref told him to wait until he gave him permission [/jobsworth]

• Like 1

I bet the big toothed cunt will be foaming at the mouth at that :lol: 

The needle at the end our game at Anfield is carrying on, isn't it? Bring it on at SJP 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Craig said:

The needle at the end our game at Anfield is carrying on, isn't it? Bring it on at SJP 

But that was our fault for trying to hold onto a point.  Mag BASTARDS!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Craig said:

Klopp: "But unlike some clubs we have a ceiling, I'm just trying to break through it, one bite at a time"

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Eddie says he's a cunt. 

According to the mackems loads of the press are calling Howe out over this. Calling him a hypocrite. Which in turn proves we are the most hated club and fans in the world. The body of evidence supporting this view is a sawker ‘journalist’ from across the pond with about 2,000 followers on Twitter. :D 

8 hours ago, OTF said:

Klopp: "But unlike some clubs we have a ceiling, I'm just trying to break through it, one bite at a time"

Klopp: "If ceilings were made of carrots, I'd eat ceilings for breakfast."

• Haha 3