Other Games 22/23

47 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You going to sign anyone else? Want a terrific young prospect? Can play either right or left wing, can fill in at left back too. Passionate, good delivery, loves booting a corner flag into the testicles of a fan. 

May I present Ratthew Mitchie. Yours for only £30m

sounds like he'd be just as good in nets as he would anywhere else.

Just watching the Villa Leeds game and noticed that they are just using the one matchball, although I could have sworn before half-time they had multiple matchballs.

So is it up to the home club whether they use multiple matchballs? And are they actually able to changeit during a match?

It's the perfect way to employ more shithousery. Start with mulitple balls, keep the tempo up, then go in front and they all disappear bar one.

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

Just watching the Villa Leeds game and noticed that they are just using the one matchball, although I could have sworn before half-time they had multiple matchballs.

So is it up to the home club whether they use multiple matchballs? And are they actually able to changeit during a match?

It's the perfect way to employ more shithousery. Start with mulitple balls, keep the tempo up, then go in front and they all disappear bar one.

Pretty sure the requirement now is to get the ball back into play asap, whether the ball which went out or another. I doubt they can get away with just one ball. You can't even do that in local leagues now. 

6 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Pretty sure the requirement now is to get the ball back into play asap, whether the ball which went out or another. I doubt they can get away with just one ball. You can't even do that in local leagues now. 

I thought that too but there were a lot of times, after Leeds had scored, where once the ball went out, the Leeds player wanting to take the throw in was looking for a ball and there was none.

I doubt Villa are that smart but it was pretty obvious the other balls had just disappeared.

Edited by sammynb

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I thought that too but there were a lot of times, after Leeds had scored, where once the ball went out, the Leeds player wanting to take the throw in was looking for a ball and there was none.

I doubt Villa are that smart but it was pretty obvious the other balls had just disappeared.

You'd think the league would be straight onto that. 

13 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

You'd think the league would be straight onto that. 

Would they though?

That's why I asked if it was now a PL "rule"? If not a smart club could get up to all sorts of fuckery.

I've also noticed with multiball games, players when trying to slow things down, make sure there are more than one ball on the pitch. So it goes out for a throw, pick up the ball closest, walk back into position and then make a weak effort to return it to the opposition, who have by this time got another ball from a ball boy/girl/they. Any play that starts with two or more balls on the field is stopped/cancelled because there can only be one on the field of play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Everton’s board have been advised not to attend their match today due to security concerns. What a great bunch of fans.

Is that actual police advice as opposed to the pretendy police advice Ashley was given about his family? If the Everton board can't go to the game then that's disgraceful behaviour by the Newcastle fans.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Is that actual police advice as opposed to the pretendy police advice Ashley was given about his family? If the Everton board can't go to the game then that's disgraceful behaviour by the Newcastle fans.

probably acting on the advice of something alex bruce read on twitter.

• Haha 2