Other Games 22/23

The media consensus was Rafa was finished after the job he did at Everton but it looks better all the time. When you talk about deluded, entitled fanbases they are right up there. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol: Sorry just something I read.  Was it he should have had an assist but the finish was either dogger or disallowed? 

Aye, could've had an assist but Humphrys made an absolute cunt of the finish. Last 30 seconds here:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12786147/hearts-1-0-st-mirren-scottish-premiership-highlights

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Everton have to sack Fat Frank.

He's doing a fantastic job keep him on longer........plus I dont think they can afford another sacking & replacement, nice of Rex to concede a couple today as well

Edited by Rosco

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

You can sing that to the tune of Shaky's "Merry Christmas Everyone", and you should.

:lol:

Merry Christmas Everyone GIF by Sheds Direct Ireland

🎶

Snow is falling

All around us 

Grown men crying, everywhere

Children crying in the lower Bullens,

Merry Christmas, Everton. 🎵

• Haha 14

I don't know if you know, but in Spain, for a few months, a tournament called Kings League has been played. It is a soccer 7 tournament whose owner is Gerard Piqué and in which 12 teams play. Each team has a 'famous' president and, for example, some of the presidents are Iker Casillas or Kun Aguero.

How does it work? Well, amateur footballers signed up for the shortlists, and of all of them, in the end, expert scouters were left with about 100.

With those 100, a Draft was carried out like in the NBA.

The footballers receive a monthly salary and all have left their jobs to play in the championship.

In addition, the trainers are also famous. There are former footballers, professional coaches, etc etc.

Each team also has the possibility of choosing a special player for each game. For example, Bojan Krkic and Chicharito have played with some teams.

Saviola is one of the players of the Kun Aguero team and today another player who is rumored to be Tevez, Pablo Aimar or Kun himself is going to play a match.

This is promoted by the most famous Youtubers in Spain and in particular Ibai Llanos (who has won the most influential Youtuber in the world award for several years).

Piqué has had many problems for years and an open war with the owner of the League in Spain and this championship has been done to try to have more impact than the Professional Football League and for the moment it is having a lot of success.

• Like 1

Apparently the “CEO in a headlock” story is highly dubious, see the replies to dear old Ollie’s tweet here. Ollie is in on it too apparently, because Bill Kenwright  is a theatre impresario and Holt’s mother played Emily Bishop in Coronation Street :lol: 

I read this last night and thought “hmm given the same circumstances I think a lot of our lot would be calling bullshit too”  then I saw the footage of supporters err “challenging” players as they attempted to leave the ground, including some teenager called Simms who’s played 15 mins of first team football in his entire life, and felt that their case was somewhat undermined :D 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Rashford not interfering with play 

FmdUGwhWAAI0kEn.jpeg

That was a catastrophically bad decision, would love to hear the justification on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Apparently the “CEO in a headlock” story is highly dubious, see the replies to dear old Ollie’s tweet here. Ollie is in on it too apparently, because Bill Kenwright  is a theatre impresario and Holt’s mother played Emily Bishop in Coronation Street :lol: 

I read this last night and thought “hmm given the same circumstances I think a lot of our lot would be calling bullshit too”  then I saw the footage of supporters err “challenging” players as they attempted to leave the ground including some teenager called Simms who’s played 15 mins of first team football in his entire life and felt that their case was somewhat undermined :D 

He's so Emily bishop isn't he? :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I can't keep up, here's me still thinking sportswashing was the ugly face of modern football.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

• Haha 6