Other Games 22/23

Brighton and Man City aside, they've played a slew of relegation candidates in the last 7 league games and lost them all. To get to 36pts they're going to need to get more than a point a game, and given their 2nd half of the season, I can't really see that happening. 

Any other team and I'd say they were down, but Everton always seem to jam it from somewhere. It would be funny if they went down for nothing else than the period of mourning from blue scousers and the pundits who think certain teams are owed success because the were quite good in the 80's etc. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i nominate @thebrokendoll

he's on a solid unbeaten run, good performances and zero goals conceded on his watch 

ah, I'm quite moved here!

I do think though that it might need somebody in a more positive frame of mind than me at the moment. two legged semi final with no ticket for either of the fuckers! I've spiralled in to a deep depression and i'm sulking worse than  a 3 year old who's been denied a carton at the tescos pick 'n' mix section!  :(

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Any other team and I'd say they were down, but Everton always seem to jam it from somewhere. It would be funny if they went down for nothing else than the period of mourning from blue scousers and the pundits who think certain teams are owed success because the were quite good in the 80's etc. 

Thing is, the other teams look like they've got more about them to get themselves out of trouble. 

Not sure sacking Lampard is going to fix a lot of the problems, but, then again getting shot of Bruce improved us, and FFL is just the contemporary version of that fat mess, so I dunno.

37 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

ah, I'm quite moved here!

I do think though that it might need somebody in a more positive frame of mind than me at the moment. two legged semi final with no ticket for either of the fuckers! I've spiralled in to a deep depression and i'm sulking worse than  a 3 year old who's been denied a carton at the tescos pick 'n' mix section!  :(

Can’t believe you now don’t want us to win :( 

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Can’t believe you now don’t want us to win :( 

:lol:

the footballing gods are clearly smiling on the ayatollah though, if he refuses to take up the responsibility handed to him from above in the next few hours I'll do it.

expect it though to be a sombre offering!

Whoever they get in, it's going to take a while to unpick the knot, right?

There are two people on that list who could organise a team and that are feasible; Dyche and Bielsa. Either of them would take a while to organise the team, and they're stylistically polar opposites.