Other Games 22/23

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Liverpool are very erratic. They've had two stunning home results but also some absolute shockers. 

They’ll still find consistency now that they have players back, I reckon. They’re more than capable of winning the majority of their games from here on in. I’d love to think we’ll do it but I think we’ve hit the ceiling and will be canny inconsistent from here on in

• Like 1

Hopefully Rashfords purple patch has ended and the goals will dry up for them. It's going to be quite a test from them to forget about this kind of result for the next few games. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile the headline in the sun is "Quadruple dream in tatters"

😆

They have a goal difference of +6. They just scrape games because they have Rashford playing like Pele.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Tweedle dee and tweedle dum look fucking absurd now the arrogant cunts. 

I can't stand that cunt but well played. :lol:

I dunno. We've lost our last 3.games 2-0 to the NW giants. But at no point do I feel we've been outplayed, which is what brings me hope. We've got ManU and Spurs at home, I actually think we could win both of these. I think 4th is a tall order but we've got it all to play for, and we're definitely in with a chance. Start Isak and let's see what happens. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

The key here is Howe being willing to drop Wilson for Isak. I can’t for the life of me understand why that hasn’t happened already so there’s no guarantee it’s going to anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Must be horrible when your first team gets beat 5-1 and home and your second team gets beat 7-0 away :lol: 

I've always said / thought that there was a large number of Man Utd on Wearside

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrBass said:

The key here is Howe being willing to drop Wilson for Isak. I can’t for the life of me understand why that hasn’t happened already so there’s no guarantee it’s going to anytime soon.

He does look more likely to score. There again he got 95 minutes v Bournemouth and didn’t . Am not sure where people will go with all this if we don’t beat Wolves and he doesn’t have a shot on goal. Some have gone early though….

• Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He does look more likely to score. There again he got 95 minutes v Bournemouth and didn’t . Am not sure where people will go with all this if we don’t beat Wolves and he doesn’t have a shot on goal. Some have gone early though….

Because he has had the same amount of time and money spend as the other top clubs has he?

fella needs to be dragged to ward 7 

screaming-psychopath-into-a-straightjack

• Haha 3

Aye complete logic failure from that particular div. The constraining factor here is not Howe, it's the squad. 

This bloke is basically saying "he can take a set of players that was about to be relegated and turn them into top 4 challengers, but he can't turn them into Man City, so the thing that needs to change is the manager."

Genuinely halfwitted thinking. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye complete logic failure from that particular div. The constraining factor here is not Howe, it's the squad. 

This bloke is basically saying "he can take a set of players that was about to be relegated and turn them into top 4 challengers, but he can't turn them into Man City, so the thing that needs to change is the manager."

Genuinely halfwitted thinking. 

Playing devils advocate, if he starts Isak, Targett and Gordon, 8 out of the starting 11 would be Howe's buys...

What, and so then we should be as good as Man City? Is Matt Targett our end-point left back? Or Dan Burn our end-point centre half?

These are FFP constrained stop gaps. And we're 6th in the league. 

The turnaround is incredible. Pointing at Howe at this point in time and saying "you've done well but why aren't you doing better?" is breathtakingly stupid. 

We're overachieving. At the start of the season people would have been happy with top 8 and sticking around a bit in the cups. 

We're 6th and had a day out at Wembley and the response is" why aren't we 4th and why didn't we win the cup?"

Howe isn't failing, he's now an unfortunate victim of his own success. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I don’t see any harm with a bit of analysis of Howe as long as it’s not anti Howe. He’s a good young manager that no doubt will only get better the longer he has with us.

We did fantastic pre World Cup with the same squad and have performed worse after it.  

It’s understandable he’s been reluctant to change things up given the success the team has had, however there’s been some noticeable events post World Cup.

1. Wilson’s loss of form

2. Our Right sided attack of Trippier, Almiron being found out and stopped.

3. Almiron free scoring dried up.

4. Burn starting to struggle.

5. Lots of chances going begging.

6. To me, Bruno not getting as far upfield as he was.

I can fully understand Howe keeping faith and hoping some of those chances go in and the tide would turn.

I also feel a bit frustrated that he hasn’t being more pro active in mixing things up a bit.

Still has my 100% support, hope he makes some changes v Wolves and hope he’s here for years to come.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What, and so then we should be as good as Man City? Is Matt Targett our end-point left back? Or Dan Burn our end-point centre half?

These are FFP constrained stop gaps. And we're 6th in the league. 

The turnaround is incredible. Pointing at Howe at this point in time and saying "you've done well but why aren't you doing better?" is breathtakingly stupid. 

We're overachieving. At the start of the season people would have been happy with top 8 and sticking around a bit in the cups. 

We're 6th and had a day out at Wembley and the response is" why aren't we 4th and why didn't we win the cup?"

Howe isn't failing, he's now an unfortunate victim of his own success. 

Superbly put Dowgg

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I also assume the experts now think Liverpool are in for the league title chase? 

The same ones who had Man United in that category last week? 🙂 

• Like 2

anyone digging howe out needs to give their head a shake. the players obviously had the cup final on their minds during this recent run of poor form and we just played liverpool, man u and man utd in quick succession. he's done an unbelievable job over the course of season. we're still 6th despite the recent slump. 

my main criticism has been perhaps a lack of a plan b. i'd like to see him change things up a bit more than he has done, but his hands are tied to an extent there because of the lack of squad depth. 

i also think bruno looked better last season when he had shelvey behind him, allowing him to play further forwards so if i'm howe i'm asking the board to sign a new number 6 as a priority in the summer 

he absolutely deserves credit for this season, even if we fall away and finish 6th or 7th.  it's still a big improvement on the shambles he inherited when he took over

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 9

My only frustration is that in the last few games Isak has shown more in his first 5-10 minutes as sub than Wilson has in his entire time on the pitch yet Howe still refuses to start Wilson on the bench and give Isak a crack. He scored two goals at Anfield on his debut, cost £63mil and yet is being kept out by a guy whose form is clearly off. 

Perhaps Joelintons suspension this week will see a Wilson / Isak pairing but 3 league goals this year simply isn't good enough and something needs to change. Can't keep crossing your fingers hoping Wilson suddenly clicks into gear.

• Like 3

Criticising Howe is nonsense. We are performing much better than it could be expected. Even in recent weeks the overall performances weren’t too bad except the game against Brentford. We are not good at scoring goals currently but this does rather seem a problem of confidence not because of poor tactics or fitness 

• Like 2