Other Games 22/23

All jokes aside, can you imagine the same back and forth with any other two clubs on sky? Two sets of perma-pundits allowed to go on for however long they like, allowed to bait and disagree with each other as if this is the norm. Now imagine another club playing them with a irregular pundit not arguing too much in case he doesn't get asked back on, shut down quickly or agreeing so as he doesn't appear biased. The fucking arrogance these clubs, their pundit ex-players have not to mention sizable sections of their glory hunting supporters have is is unreal. And the best thing? Sky and BT metaphorically getting on their knees and piping them off as if it's perfectly ok. For them. Not your club. Any criticism is dissected, argued, defended as there's a pundit who'll stick up for his club and is allowed the space to do so. When you think about it, it's bollocks, like.

• Like 11

I don’t normally mind them In the studio (although they were very unprofessional on this occasion) but colour commentators should be neutral. Carragher was audibly cackling when the 6th and 7th went in. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don’t normally mind them In the studio (although they were very unprofessional on this occasion) but colour commentators should be neutral. Carrageenan was audibly cackling when the 6th and 7th went in. 

I wouldn't mind it if everyone else was given the same privilege. Replace the four pundits after the game with two ex-Wolves and two ex-NUFC next Sunday, Also two ex-players on Comms. Let's see the same coverage and if not, why not? 

• Like 3

Whenever you get an ex-player from another club in the studio you can just imagine them having Radiohead's Creep going through their mind sitting opposite Souness or Keane. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here. :D

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Whenever you get an ex-player from another club in the studio you can just imagine them having Radiohead's Creep going through their mind sitting opposite Souness or Keane. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here. :D

Bigmouth Strikes Again if they’re not a Radiohead fan.…

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I wouldn't mind it if everyone else was given the same privilege. Replace the four pundits after the game with two ex-Wolves and two ex-NUFC next Sunday, Also two ex-players on Comms. Let's see the same coverage and if not, why not? 

Because we’d end up with Souness and Bellamy as the ex-NUFC pundits.

• Haha 4

I usually mute or switch over when the pundits are on - add in cunts who have nowt to do with us but hate us anyway like Redknapp and Rio Ferdinand and it's worse. 

You need to get to a cup final for a bit of leeway - I  enjoyed Sir Les and Ginola last week but they won't get two on like that again. 

• Like 4

I like partisan punditry. I do. Sure it's annoying when you're losing and Don Goodman is piping off the opposition, but hearing Gary Neville lose his mind because his beloved Manchester United just got bum fucked by Brentford, is fun. Seeing Roy Keane grow increasingly furious is entertaining. 

Plus, as long as we're not playing one of their teams, Neville and Carragher are usually fairly balanced about Newcastle. Enjoy them way more than Danny Murphy or whomever. To be honest, I'd prefer if the commentators and pundits eschewed impartiality entirely, wear their colours if they want. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NJS said:

I usually mute or switch over when the pundits are on - add in cunts who have nowt to do with us but hate us anyway like Redknapp and Rio Ferdinand and it's worse. 

You need to get to a cup final for a bit of leeway - I  enjoyed Sir Les and Ginola last week but they won't get two on like that again. 

Used to hate Redknapp back in his playing days but don't mind him so much now. I don't get the impression he hates Newcastle either, he always seems to big us up.

Anyway, hopefully in the next few seasons we'll be enjoying the Neville / Carragher(spit) commentary as we batter their respective clubs. :nufc:

Second time these shitebags have postponed this fixture at short notice. Was initially a bit gutted but after a pint I'm actually fine with it. Four points off them, this still to play, two games in hand. Looking forward to seeing how the table looks when this game actually gets played.Screenshot_20230307-200648-163.png.c8238d1d8c44de58c1ff174decd0b6c4.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Second time these shitebags have postponed this fixture at short notice. Was initially a bit gutted but after a pint I'm actually fine with it. Four points off them, this still to play, two games in hand. Looking forward to seeing how the table looks when this game actually gets played.Screenshot_20230307-200648-163.png.c8238d1d8c44de58c1ff174decd0b6c4.png

I worked at the Calvert Trust between the ages of 16-18, and there was a lad used to come fairly regularly. 
He was about 30, 6ft+, ginger as Gemmill and  several slices short of a full loaf. 
Funny as fuck though, and he knew he was :lol:

He used to call bollocks “Dumbartons” and when we’d take him on trips and visits he’d delight in pointing at some bloke’s package and shouting, at max decibels, 

“ Look at the fucking Dumbartons on him!” 

So, anyway, ever since I’ve never been able to hear or read the word Dumbarton without thinking of Buster Gonad and his unfeasibly large testicles. 

Thank you for listening, tune in next week for more genital-related jocular tales. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I worked at the Calvert Trust between the ages of 16-18, and there was a lad used to come fairly regularly. 
He was about 30, 6ft+, ginger as Gemmill and  several slices short of a full loaf. 
Funny as fuck though, and he knew he was :lol:

He used to call bollocks “Dumbartons” and when we’d take him on trips and visits he’d delight in pointing at some bloke’s package and shouting, at max decibels, 

“ Look at the fucking Dumbartons on him!” 

So, anyway, ever since I’ve never been able to hear or read the word Dumbarton without thinking of Buster Gonad and his unfeasibly large testicles. 

Thank you for listening, tune in next week for more genital-related jocular tales. 

Surely a reference to Dumbarton rock, an unexplainably large stone (thats fairly out of place compared to the rest of the landscape out there) that overlooks the stadium. The massive shadow it casts is probably why the pitch is always fucking frozen.

37 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Surely a reference to Dumbarton rock, an unexplainably large stone (thats fairly out of place compared to the rest of the landscape out there) that overlooks the stadium. The massive shadow it casts is probably why the pitch is always fucking frozen.

🤓

• Like 1

:lol:
Dumbarton Rock is home to some of the hardest rock climbing routes in the entire British Isles. 
The clip below is Dave MacLeod making the first ascent of his insane route, Rhapsody. (E11,7a)

The unassuming bloke at the start, Cubby Cuthbertson, put up an E8 6c here in 1983, which is fucking mental. (Think Lee Cattermole taking on Real Madrid on his own,in wellies,  and winning 10-0, and then doing it again blindfold :lol:

Anyway, enjoy

( And, aye, the bloke has some fucking Dumbartons on him!) 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Dumbarton Rock is home to some of the hardest rock climbing routes in the entire British Isles. 
The clip below is Dave McLeod making the first ascent of his insane route, Rhapsody. (E11,7a)

The unassuming bloke at the start, Cubby Cuthbertson, put up an E8 6c here in 1983, which is fucking mental. (Think Lee Cattermole taking on Real Madrid on his own,in wellies,  and winning 10-0, and then doing it again blindfold :lol:

Anyway, enjoy

"Rock Climbing Routes" my arse. It's a cardboard prop they wheel out to avoid heavy defeats in promotion campaigns. Swear I've been to games there before and never fucking noticed the rock.

'mon the Bino's. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The clip below is Dave MacLeod making the first ascent of his insane route, Rhapsody. (E11,7a)

Anyway, enjoy

What do the letter/number combinations mean? E11 7a etc?

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Difficulty rating. Most I did was a 6c indoors and that was enough for me. 

I guessed it was something like that, was curious what each thing refers to. Like is 7a harder than 7b? Is 2a harder than 3a?

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I guessed it was something like that, was curious what each thing refers to. Like is 7a harder than 7b? Is 2a harder than 3a?

The E number gives an overall rating of difficulty, amount and quality of fall protection, severity of falls etc. 

Most people who are “hobby climbers” will lead at around E1-2, which is still hard. 
E11 is fucking insane. 
The 7a is the difficulty of the hardest individual move on the route. Theoretically, 1a is flat ground, 1b a slight incline, 1c a step-in practice you won’t find much below 4a on anything, which are usually on the very easiest routes. 
When taken with the E grade, you get an indication of how hard a route is. 
An E1 5c, I’d expect to be mostly 5a/b moves, with one 5c move on the route. 
E4 6a, I’d expect 5c all the way with a few 6a moves. 

E11 7a I’d expect to be a few 6c moves, with sustained 7a moves throughout. 

I’d also shit my pants just looking at it. 

( All the above are assuming a lead climb, where you clip the rope in as you go). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The E number gives an overall rating of difficulty, amount and quality of fall protection, severity of falls etc. 

Most people who are “hobby climbers” will lead at around E1-2, which is still hard. 
E11 is fucking insane. 
The 7a is the difficulty of the hardest individual move on the route. Theoretically, 1a is flat ground, 1b a slight incline, 1c a step-in practice you won’t find much below 4a on anything, which are usually on the very easiest routes. 

( All the above are assuming a lead climb, where you clip the rope in as you go). 

Excellent, cheers. So I'm curious about the 'moves', and please please forgive me, but you know the stuff that Tom Cruise was doing in that opening sequence of one of the Mission Impossible movies, where he's got his back to the wall or he's leaping from one spot to another?

a) It's entirely bullshit or

b) yeah they're legit moves and would be highly graded?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

E11 is fucking insane. 

You've watched Cliffhanger once and suddenly you're an expert.

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Excellent, cheers. So I'm curious about the 'moves', and please please forgive me, but you know the stuff that Tom Cruise was doing in that opening sequence of one of the Mission Impossible movies, where he's got his back to the wall or he's leaping from one spot to another?

a) It's entirely bullshit or

b) yeah they're legit moves and would be highly graded?

Pretty much bullshit tbh, I’ve no doubt the very top climbers could pull off moves like that, but doing it solo? Nah. 

Watch the Free Solo movie of Alex Honnold climbing El Capitan without ropes. It’s absolutely insanely hardcore. 
Also, Dawn Wall, with Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgenson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1