Other Games 22/23

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Big scalp for Sunderland there earning a point at home to the far better Luton. 

Dodgy pen according to Ready to groom - how dodgy must it have been for it be called that by them? 

It's us thats jammy though. 

• Like 3

Full time on Saints, Spurs 3-3. Away to the Saints are the type of games that Spurs need to win, so great to see them slip up once again. We keep hearing that Spurs and Liverpool's class will show in the end and they'll both finish above us, but that class has gone missing for a very long time this season, at least on a consistent basis. Kane of course can score from very little so he bucks that trend to a certain extent, but he obviously can't do it all on his own. 

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

"There's been a late, late goal at Southampton, but who's it to, HMHM?!"

878131.jpg

"Equaliser against Spurs. Giddup!"

f0280fda76da8502528a3562c7ec7762.jpg

C1B49975-9553-4F33-BB9D-8B61C99A670D.thumb.jpeg.c573d77218c7c1bb98bff3d1a7caa651.jpeg

“Spurs were 1-3 up with 15mins to go HMHM, does that make them bottling cockney twats?”

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

C1B49975-9553-4F33-BB9D-8B61C99A670D.thumb.jpeg.c573d77218c7c1bb98bff3d1a7caa651.jpeg

“Spurs were 1-3 up with 15mins to go HMHM, does that make them bottling cockney twats?”

"I'm not saying they panicked but their arseholes were twitching like a bunny rabbit's nose, Jeff."

f0280fda76da8502528a3562c7ec7762.jpg

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 9

2-2 now.

And Conte seems to have had a meltdown after the Southampton game. Hopefully it ends up splitting the dressing room apart rather than some sort of perverse rallying cry.

28 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

2-2 now.

And Conte seems to have had a meltdown after the Southampton game. Hopefully it ends up splitting the dressing room apart rather than some sort of perverse rallying cry.

I’ve just read his comments. He’s definitely a man looking to be sacked.

• Like 2

As people have said hopefully this doesn't have the effect of brining the players together, but if Mourinho couldn't brow beat them into being professionals I doubt Conte will have better luck. I also can't see Poch coming in at this point of a season, so if Conte gets the sack or walks they'll likely have to get an interim manager until the end of the season. An interim could take the pressure off and maybe get a new manager bounce, but hopefully they'd eventually return to type without new players and a set philosophy. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve just read his comments. He’s definitely a man looking to be sacked.

He’s not wrong though….but denying any responsibility for recruitment could be viewed as… well, not taking any responsibility at all… isn’t that what he’s accusing the players of? :lol: 

I would imagine Levy and Spud's director football, who's Italian as well I think but I can't recall his name, have the pretty much all they say in transfers. Conte might be consulted out of respect at least, but Levy strikes me as a control freak. 

Powerful presser. Personally think he's spot on, not sure if Levy will agree with that but it'll be interesting to see if it fires Spurs up or whether it ends up firing Conte.