Other Games 22/23

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

As people have said hopefully this doesn't have the effect of brining the players together, but if Mourinho couldn't brow beat them into being professionals I doubt Conte will have better luck. I also can't see Poch coming in at this point of a season, so if Conte gets the sack or walks they'll likely have to get an interim manager until the end of the season. An interim could take the pressure off and maybe get a new manager bounce, but hopefully they'd eventually return to type without new players and a set philosophy. 

It’s so much worse watching it than reading the comments.

It’s a ten minute diatribe (largely unprompted) against his own club.

I agree with a lot of what he says but it seems like he’s attempting to absolve himself of most of the blame. What he’s saying may have some truth to it but he’s as much to blame for their performances this season as the players.

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me why Brentford's goal against Leicester isn't chalked off for offside when Toney touches the ball?

He's in an offside position when the ball is played to Mbeuma who then plays the ball backwards to Toney. No defenders play the ball, unlike the situation with Ciggy. Fucking reeks.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I agree with a lot of what he says but it seems like he’s attempting to absolve himself of most of the blame. What he’s saying may have some truth to it but he’s as much to blame for their performances this season as the players.

It sounds like he wants the sack

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

In fairness there is something off about how Spurs are set up with Levy etc. It doesn't seem like an ideal environment, to put it mildly, for a manager to operate in. And there is that stigma of being bottlers that surrounds Spurs and has strangely stuck to the club even with turn over of players. 

I’ve always had a lot of respect for Conte but he’s massively let himself down there imo. Parts of what he said may be true but he’s put the club in an untenable position, likely turned the players and fans against him, and accepted zero responsibility. I knew at the time it was a shit move for him so he can whinge but it was his stupid fucking choice. While it is hilarious because it’s Spurs his comments are disgraceful imo and I’d be fucking raging if an NUFC manager went in like that. 

If I was Spurs I’d sack the cunt with no pay out and if he tried to sue I’d say his comments brought his contract into disrepute. As I say I’ve long held him as one of the best managers in the world but he’s been a fucking quitter here iyam, as people say those comments are him asking for the sack & payout - if he wants to leave he should put on his big boy pants and quit rather than being a conniving little bitch. Saying all that hopefully it becomes a fucking night mare and spurs season goes off a cliff. 

• Like 6

The bloke’s ego is off the scale.

He makes Mourinho look like Chris Hughton.

He is the manager of a football club.

If he cannot manage the psychology of his team of players, that’s on him.  Not them tbh.

He’s like a manicured cabbage at the moment. Without the need to lick his bosses arse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sammynb said:

Can someone explain to me why Brentford's goal against Leicester isn't chalked off for offside when Toney touches the ball?

He's in an offside position when the ball is played to Mbeuma who then plays the ball backwards to Toney. No defenders play the ball, unlike the situation with Ciggy. Fucking reeks.

He's not involved in the play when the ball is played to Mbeuma, when Mbeuma plays it across Toney is behind the ball so he's onside.

1 hour ago, OTF said:

He's not involved in the play when the ball is played to Mbeuma, when Mbeuma plays it across Toney is behind the ball so he's onside.

Hey @OTF but at no point has he been onside, so if Ciggy was offside, he was even less involved with the play, Toney is centre of the keeper's view, so is Toney.

It was more a question of different but similar.

7 hours ago, Dougle said:

The bloke’s ego is off the scale.

He makes Mourinho look like Chris Hughton.

He is the manager of a football club.

If he cannot manage the psychology of his team of players, that’s on him.  Not them tbh.

He’s like a manicured cabbage at the moment. Without the need to lick his bosses arse.

Some of what he says is probably true but when he publicly airs that its "them" not "us" then he wants the sack

Looking at their players, if you take away the front 3 the are mid table at best.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

On a side note I find Spurs fascinating. They were a whisker away from winning the champions league then give their manager the sack the next season. He should have had the freedom of the city for getting them there as it will ever happen again. There is an inherently, deep rooted issue (a bit like us here with trophies) that will never take them to the next levels. They'll always be the black sheep of the "big 6" and imminently be replaced by us. The day Kane fucks off or form eventually declines then they are back in mid table where they belong. 

Standards should be set by the CLUB and managers & players should follow this. So if you change all the players and manager the respect, way you carry yourself, the desire and the ambition should always remain the same. Thats for everyone throughout the club.  I think this is what our current owners along with manager are trying to implement for future success.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

How's Ivan Toney still turning out for Brentford? Was there not talk about a lengthy suspension?

The cunts been picked for England! Yet southgate picks Maguire over Ben white because Ben white had a falling out at the world cup!

Southgate is just fucking wank. The English version of Martinez. 

Aye, that’s basically a resignation letter from Conte. As Howay says, if that’s really how he feels he should walk. Because there’s no way you can air those views publicly then expect to be able to work with the players afterwards. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

On a side note I find Spurs fascinating. They were a whisker away from winning the champions league then give their manager the sack the next season. He should have had the freedom of the city for getting them there as it will ever happen again. There is an inherently, deep rooted issue (a bit like us here with trophies) that will never take them to the next levels. They'll always be the black sheep of the "big 6" and imminently be replaced by us. The day Kane fucks off or form eventually declines then they are back in mid table where they belong. 

Standards should be set by the CLUB and managers & players should follow this. So if you change all the players and manager the respect, way you carry yourself, the desire and the ambition should always remain the same. Thats for everyone throughout the club.  I think this is what our current owners along with manager are trying to implement for future success.

aye.

they've got a horrendous run of games in april with the possible exception of bournemouth at home. far worse than our tricky month.

I suppose there's a chance conte's rant might galvanise them, but if it goes the other way their slip back down to being a midtable club could happen very quickly.

completely manufactured part of the 'big 6' purely for the media to over hype the north london derby.

we'll be back to hammering them seven nowt very soon.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 3