Other Games 22/23

48 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

McTominay 3 goals in 10 mins for Scotland 😅

Porro of Spurs.slipped on the bye line and Red Robbo mugged the cunt before cutting it back for McGoalminay 😎

Hanley vs Joselu in this match... 😂

9 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Hanley vs Joselu in this match... 😂

I was thinking they may have overlapped but Lejeune  Schar and Fernandez had replaced him 

FUCKIN MCGOALMINY AGAIN!!!!….Tierney  assist-ish 😀

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Spain have lost two qualifiers since 2006 :lol: 

Currently a sad shadow of their former selves…. what’s gone wrong @Diego21?? :unsure:

In Spain (I imagine it happens in all countries) the press has a lot of power. Here, the press is 100% in favor of Real Madrid. When Spain plays, honestly, there is no union as a country... And people continue to divide. There are many who do not support the team because they do not agree with the coach.

Luis Enrique, the former coach, was very disliked by the press because he simply did not laugh at the nonsense they said. So since Luis Enrique returned (he was absent for a while because his daughter died) the press has wanted to throw him out. The reason? He was a former Barcelona coach and player... And not many Real Madrid players went to his team (I think only Asensio and Carvajal went).

Now, Spain has a new coach (Luis de la Fuente). He is the former coach of the Sub21 category. Personally, I don't like it. From day one, the media have been delighted with the new coach and the team is once again full of Real Madrid players. They have already said that he is a much better coach than Luis Enrique (and that he has never directed a professional team).

It is obvious that Spain no longer has the team it had in 2006-2014. Although the selection is good, it is young... But details are missing. For example... The striker is torn between Joselu, Borja Iglesias (forward for a mid-table team like Betis) or Morata.

The same thing happens with defense. There are no good and absolutely guaranteed centrals.

Oh well. They are processes. I would have kept Luis Enrique, although the last World Cup was a failure, but at least he had some ideas and a project in his head.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Spain have lost two qualifiers since 2006 :lol: 

Currently a sad shadow of their former selves…. what’s gone wrong @Diego21?? :unsure:

Maybe nothings wrong with the Spanish national team and Steve Clarke and John Carver are true football geniuses. 😆

That said, Iago Aspas being the go-to sub for the Spain national team chasing a game at a raucous Hampden isnt a great look. No offense to him, he's clearly a far better player than he showed during his time in England but he doesn't strike me as a big game player that can handle the pressure of of being in a side that's expected to win.

Mental Tuesday night. Think it's been 30 years since Scotland beat Spain and on paper we had no right to change that tonight. Clarkeball for the win. He's a football genius, our Steve.

• Like 1