Other Games 22/23

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@Christmas Tree  champions league is nailed on because Howe won’t let standards slip. The sort of collapse required to fall out of top four isn’t plausible based on our form for over a year now. 

we can even afford to average just a point a game for the rest of the season. When was the last time we went on a run that bad?

there’s a reason we’re odds on with the bookies. They’re not in the habit of losing money. We’re not talking about your crypto bets here…

Tell that to Bet 365 after I rinsed them for £52 last Sunday B)

Consulting Make It Rain GIF by SHOWTIME

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20230504_092248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c7e6e4cc4b770fdac7bc5e2406ff6de2.jpg

Liverpool now with a DOUBLE FIGURES chance of making top 4 after last night's result.

Toontastic:

spongebob-bite.gif

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet child of mine.

CT is bricking it.

• Haha 3

It'll all be moot come 18:30 Sunday when we rip Arsenal a #NEWARS 

Edited by MrBass
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

liverpool's run in is pretty kind, no doubt about it. we just need to continue as we have for the past 18 months and we'll be fine 

The predictor site I follow has Man Utd losing 2-0 tonight :yes:

That would make things a little more interesting should it happen.

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@Christmas Tree  champions league is nailed on because Howe won’t let standards slip. The sort of collapse required to fall out of top four isn’t plausible based on our form for over a year now. 

we can even afford to average just a point a game for the rest of the season. When was the last time we went on a run that bad?

there’s a reason we’re odds on with the bookies. They’re not in the habit of losing money. We’re not talking about your crypto bets here…

:lol:

MEXC_POSTER.png

5 minutes ago, MrBass said:

The predictor site I follow has Man Utd losing 2-0 tonight :yes:

That would make things a little more interesting should it happen.

Brighton win is definitely the result we all want to see tonight. Get those red manc arseholes nipping.

Brighton have got Man City, Arsenal and us to come so there's fuck all chance of them making top 4.

Screenshot_20230504_092248_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

liverpool's run in is pretty kind, no doubt about it. we just need to continue as we have for the past 18 months and we'll be fine 

Add Gloom to that G-Dogg

Make It Stop Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

57 minutes ago, MrBass said:

It'll all be moot come 18:30 Sunday when we rip Arsenal a #NEWARS 

Birthday Cake GIF

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Brighton have got Man City, Arsenal and us to come so there's fuck all chance of them making top 4.

thats it then, Brighton are definitely coming 4th.

we'll finish third of course.

Was just thinking but, despite their poor season (by their standards) and their recent form. Liverpool are a bit fortunate to be where they are. We’ve thoroughly earned our position and have been on the end of some shocking decisions too. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was just thinking but, despite their poor season (by their standards) and their recent form. Liverpool are a bit fortunate to be where they are. We’ve thoroughly earned our position and have been in the end of dove shucking decisions too. 

they stole at least three points off us for starters 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

thats it then, Brighton are definitely coming 4th.

we'll finish third of course.

I can live with that 👍

In fact 

love it GIF

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was just thinking but, despite their poor season (by their standards) and their recent form. Liverpool are a bit fortunate to be where they are. We’ve thoroughly earned our position and have been in the end of dove shucking decisions too. 

Same as Spurs, if you ask me. They've been playing such bad football for so much of the season and I know this is a silly point, but without Harry Kane, I'm not sure they'd be top half. 

image.thumb.png.e4919fdc00fa14f181f72fc852df3fc9.png

I've taken the top 20 players for goals scored per 90 minutes (who've played more than 10x90). Harry Kane gets 3.4 shots away per 90, he gets 40.9% of his shots on target, and gets a goal every 45% of the time. He accounts for 40.98% of Spurs' goals, and 32.34% of their non penalty xG.

Of those top 20, that's 6th for Shot per 90,  11th for Shots on Target, 8th G/SoT. 2nd for % of Team goals, 1st for % of Team npxG.

• Like 1

Me: Summarise this excel essay

ChatGPT: It's generally true that every team would likely perform worse without their top scorer, as they contribute significantly to the team's scoring ability.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Me: Summarise this excel essay

ChatGPT: It's generally true that every team would likely perform worse without their top scorer, as they contribute significantly to the team's scoring ability.

No team in the league relies more on one player for their goal return. 

He's scored 10 match winners, Spurs have won 16 times. That's 62.5% of their wins have been because of his goals. Man City have relied on Haaland's goals for 40% of their wins. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Decent article about this in the Guardian today

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/03/record-breaking-erling-haaland-is-the-perfection-of-manchester-city-vision

Tldr ManC designed that way. Spurs  nobody else decent

He lost me at how many of Shearer's goals were memorable? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Decent article about this in the Guardian today

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/03/record-breaking-erling-haaland-is-the-perfection-of-manchester-city-vision

Tldr ManC designed that way. Spurs  nobody else decent

If Haaland wasn't there and they had some random jabronie, I still think Man City would be top half because they could rely on goals from their ridiculously good midfield to get them the wins. Spurs couldn't.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

If Haaland wasn't there and they had some random jabronie, I still think Man City would be top half because they could rely on goals from their ridiculously good midfield to get them the wins. Spurs couldn't.

we did okay without a striker last year so you might have a point. Also Alvarez is ridiculous value at just £15m.

anyway just popped on to ask if you guys could kindly smash the arse at the weekend. make our job a little easier?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

we did okay without a striker last year so you might have a point. Also Alvarez is ridiculous value at just £15m.

anyway just popped on to ask if you guys could kindly smash the arse at the weekend. make our job a little easier?

Well we weren't going to, but since you asked so nicely we'll see what we can do mate ;) 

• Haha 7