Other Games 22/23

Agreed that it’s a perspective/personal opinion thing. I’ve always saw the league title as the most impressive thing you can do in football, CL is at the end of it all a knock out competition albeit an extremely high level one. It’s why I’ll always rate a manager like Pep over Klopp, I find building a side that can be so fucking relentless over a league season to be far more impressive than a team geared to knock out tournaments. Man City have just had shite luck/short lapses in the CL which has cost them so there’s not a lot between them having 0 or 2 CL’s at this point imo (they fucking battered Real Madrid last season for example), that kind of thing doesn’t happen in leagues which I find is a far better way of rating sides. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve been thinking about this today. Fergie wanted to “knock Liverpool off their fuckin perch” and as soon as we got promoted Keegan said the same about Fergie. So with all this in mind when do you envisage Pep leaving so Eddie Howe can romp us to our inevitable league title? :) 

lol. he extended until 2025 a few days before the world cup started i think.

he keep signing 2 year extensions so was due to go this summer!

i think it comes down to is he enjoying the job.

hopefully Kompany will be ready by the time he goes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

lol. he extended until 2025 a few days before the world cup started i think.

he keep signing 2 year extensions so was due to go this summer!

i think it comes down to is he enjoying the job.

hopefully Kompany will be ready by the time he goes.

Yeah Kompany is a deeply impressive individual…. completed a masters degree in business administration whilst still playing, then gets Burnley back up first dart..…that’s who Eddie will be competing with long term… 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah Kompany is a deeply impressive individual…. completed a masters degree in business administration whilst still playing, then gets Burnley back up first dart..…that’s who Eddie will be competing with long term… 

We just need Pep to stay long enough for Kompany to get that bit more experience. He married a mancunian lass, a city fan too (as if he needs the added incentive).

Another i'd love to manage us one day would be Gundogan. Obviously his journey hasn't yet begun but he's so so clever. Not sure KDB is manager material though, not sure he has the patience.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Swiss Ramble stuff is good. It’s obviously a bit of a dry subject but it’s nice to actually read someone who knows what they’re talking about on that side of things. 

Shame we don't have similar expertise here, when it comes to stats all we've got is the ginger rambler

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Shame we don't have similar expertise here, when it comes to stats all we've got is the ginger rambler

Better that than you......THE NAMLA GAMBLER!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Think we’re being a bit premature about one good year at Burnley, mind. Next season will be a giant test 

• Like 1

Sitting through You'll Never Walk Alone as they pan around the crowd ffs. A ground packed with self-satisfied cunts.

Howay Villa, you pricks! Time for Ollie Watkins to start scoring again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sitting through You'll Never Walk Alone as they pan around the crowd ffs. A ground packed with self-satisfied cunts.

Howay Villa, you pricks! Time for Ollie Watkins to start scoring again.

Was going to watch this or the Man U game but fuck it, it's nice so I'm sitting in the garden after pouring myself an ice cold beer and chilling. Fuck staying in the house getting pissed off as the NW red cunts get every decision going. I'll just check in out here so thanks for watching and keeping us informed G-man. You're a credit to this MB plus you'd only burn with your complexion. :good:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

So far Fabinho appears to have stamped on McGinn and committed a separate clear yellow card offence. As yet, no card shown.

Standard.