Other Games 22/23

At least we will clear the finish line on our own terms, as much as it would have been nice to get it done today.

1 point from two games. Surely we've got this.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I wish I could mate. I really really do :lol:  But as Mr Bass says, who knows who will fill the midfield and that goal difference can easily be overcome if we fuck up and Liverpool demolish Southampton.

Hopefully we can start partying on Monday. :pray:

It’s fucking Leicester. 

Bang Murphy on and he’ll have two wonder goals and have shithoused them to death within the first 20 minutes. 

Then give Malloy a half and see if he can do owt when we’re 8-0 up. 

Get. With. The. Fucken. Programme. 

dancer-weiner.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Why are man utd 3rd?

Not sure but it was like that the other day too which I couldn’t work out either. 

• Like 1

Now that we have CL pretty much, I do actually think we should win the final two games anyway to finish above Manure. Only team we've never finished higher than iirc?

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why are we below ManU? 

Anyway, thank fuck for that, need a piss now.

Erection Morning Wood GIF

I think it is because they have us on the same amount of points and only used that metric, not goals as well. I think it is just down to the alphabet. 

15 minutes ago, Howay said:

Means we can play without pressure and close the next two games out 8-0 and 12-0 on our way to a 75 point season. 

Eddie casually strolling in to Stamford Bridge having secured the CL place, giving Frank a pre-match lacing with a cue ball in a sock. 
giphy.webp

:lol:

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think that's their projection of final positions.

So they think that Man U are going to finish above us but they think we’ve got a better chance of making CL? 

You’re making a fool of yourself here, stat man.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So they think that Man U are going to finish above us but they think we’ve got a better chance of making CL? 

You’re making a fool of yourself here, stat man.

It'll be their goal difference that's causing that. Liverpool finishing on the same points as Man United unquestionably puts Man United 5th. Liverpool finishing on the same points as us doesn't. So there is a wider spread of outcomes for Man United than us.

If you had a brain for numbers, you could have worked that out yourself. But sadly, it wasn't to be. It's why you never made it as an accountant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It'll be their goal difference that's causing that. Liverpool finishing on the same points as Man United unquestionably puts Man United 5th. Liverpool finishing on the same points as us doesn't. So there is a wider spread of outcomes for Man United than us.

If you had a brain for numbers, you could have worked that out yourself. But sadly, it wasn't to be. It's why you never made it as an accountant.

I think giving Liverpool a 4% chance is generous

For them to get in now would mean either we lose both games and they beat Southampton by 5 or 6 goals, or ManU lose both home games against Chelsea and Fulham.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ackas said:

For them to get in now would mean either we lose both games and they beat Southampton by 5 or 6 goals, or ManU lose both home games against Chelsea and Fulham.

Aye, even with 20 minutes added time, no way are they doing it. 

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

But still, surely we're a better bet for third? We equal what they do, we stay above them. We both play Chelsea, and the state of Leicester it's difficult to imagine a more probable win on Monday. Also ManU games are much closer together. 

I'll be (mildly) disappointed if we don't get third now rbh. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ackas said:

You want to talk to CT, he gives Liverpool about a 60% chance.

• Haha 3

Just now, Renton said:

But still, surely we're a better bet for third? We equal what they do, we stay above them. We both play Chelsea, and the state of Leicester it's difficult to imagine a more probable win on Monday. Also ManU games are much closer together. 

I'll be (mildly) disappointed if we don't get third now rbh. 

They've got two home games, that's all it'll be I think. Their model still giving Chelsea at home more credit than they currently deserve.