Other Games 22/23

1 minute ago, MrBass said:

Think @GrahamTaylor5 nailed it. Only metric is points, so it’s ordered by that and then name. 

I think it's unlikely that they go to the trouble of building a statistical model and then allow their projections to be based on the alphabet. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I think it's unlikely that they go to the trouble of building a statistical model and then allow their projections to be based on the alphabet. :lol:

All out war declared. 

star-wars-battle-fat-boy-run-fight-epic-

Call the UN. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Okay then cocky bollocks, why were they above us when they had 2 home & 1

away game remaining and we had the same?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Because their model probably predicted we drop points vs Brighton.

Has anyone got any more questions cos I'm watching a film shortly? :razz:

Do you think Anakin was groomed by Padme? 

• Haha 1

It’s simple really. I put a bottle of Veuve into the fridge at half-time thereby bringing about the Firmino substitution and subsequent equaliser. It happens all of the time

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

They've got two home games, that's all it'll be I think. Their model still giving Chelsea at home more credit than they currently deserve.

Aye, I looked a little while back on the bit where you can look at the likelihood of individual results. I think it’ll be the most likely results based on their model is Man Utd picking up 6 points and us picking up 4 (with their analysis having the draw as the most likely at Stamford Bridge). The anomaly with us being more likely to make the CL will be there are marginally more scenarios where LFC  catch Man Utd instead of us. Due to the goal difference, as I think you mentioned earlier  

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Forest are safe. So it comes down to Everton, Leicester or Leeds.

West Ham are safe and will put out the reserves against Leeds so their first team are fresh for the final so you could finally be right about Everton 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

West Ham are safe and will put out the reserves against Leeds so their first team are fresh for the final so you could finally be right about Everton 

There are questions being asked ( rightly), about how a EUFA final is being held in a 19,370 capacity stadium. 

Apparently each side is only getting 4890 tickets. 

I predict a spicy night in Prague. 

Gemmill is correct, Brighton and Villa are on the same points and Brighton are higher. It can't be alphabetical.

It looks to me like it considers Man Utd more likely to finish 3rd than us based on games remaining. The infographic isn't solely dedicated to top 4 or not, it also tries to predict league placement.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Gemmill is correct, Brighton and Villa are on the same points and Brighton are higher. It can't be alphabetical.

It looks to me like it considers Man Utd more likely to finish 3rd than us based on games remaining. The infographic isn't solely dedicated to top 4 or not, it also tries to predict league placement.

Had to happen sometime, broken clock etc.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, but. 
7mii54.gif

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Sure B comes before V? 😁

Not just a pretty face eh? 🤣

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Sure B comes before V? 😁

Not just a pretty face eh? 🤣

This feels like a whoosh on my end but just to be sure, they are of course called Aston Villa mate ;)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, v.old said:

It’s simple really. I put a bottle of Veuve into the fridge at half-time thereby bringing about the Firmino substitution and subsequent equaliser. It happens all of the time

Woody Allen GIF

🙂 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Polarboy said:

He gets the ball and then pulls his leg back. You'd think he'd went with a straight leg the way the commentator is slathering on about it. Was someone saying it's Bridges who's commentating; is he a mackem?

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Played for them but I thought he was actually a Newcastle fan. If so, he must prefer the Europa League for some reason.

Heard him interviewed once. He's a Spurs fan. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF