Other Games 22/23

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We should be annihilating Chelsea on Sunday. They are in relegation form.

6pts in their last 11 PL games :lol: 

Thats Arsenal form

Chelsea are woeful like, I’m not convinced it’s all going to turn around like the pundits think. They look like they’re losing big chunks of the team that made them a good side over the years and have replaced them with players who have so far been shite. That Mudruyk doesn’t look like a PL player at all. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Howay said:

Chelsea are woeful like, I’m not convinced it’s all going to turn around like the pundits think. They look like they’re losing big chunks of the team that made them a good side over the years and have replaced them with players who have so far been shite. That Mudruyk doesn’t look like a PL player at all. 

Aye Mudryk and so many others. I don't get the fuss over Enzo either. I mean he's a tidy player and all but what are they supposed to be paying for him, 120M? Ludicrous. Maybe it's a case of a lot of them being new to a team in free fall with no thought or structure to it but the players mostly seem to have half arsed the season away. 

Fully expect Mudryk and Enzo to score on Sunday now btw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Howay said:

Fofana was absolutely shocking.  Didnt he join for £70m or something like that?

Sky will be gutted they can’t have a Neville/Carra who will win the race for the final champions league spot? Super duper Sunday showdown. Which is nice 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, it's all about the relegation scrap really.

I do wish Chelsea were down there too - if only they'd brought Lampard in sooner.

I could even see that being settled quite quickly with Everton winning by a couple of goals at home. 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I could even see that being settled quite quickly with Everton losing by a couple of goals at home. 

G'YP

• Haha 3

Everton have lost their last four vs Bournemouth. Haven't won at home since March. 

Probably no Calvert-Lewin. Both of their full backs are fitness doubts too.

Still plenty drama ahead I reckon.

How long did Pochettino take to get his ideas across at Spurs? Somewhere he was starting with a clean(er) slate, lower expectations, greater flexibility in the market. 

I've no idea if Mudryk, Fofana or Enzo are good players, they've been badly let down by the coaches who have, in turn, been badly let down by the owner. They've now got a bloated squad, full of players on massive wages who aren't even shining individually. If the targets weren't so high you could make an argument for cutting your losses and reducing the squad as much as possible. But Chelsea need European competition, and the cheaper, local, young lads aren't likely to be able to deliver it. They can't afford for Mudryk to be farmed out on loan while still covering his wages, he and those like them will have to play, which kind of ties Pochettino's hands together. 

I don't know how much of an immediate impact MP will have on them, but I don't think we should worry that they're going to be in the conversation for the Champions League spots, even though it's expanding to 5 spots next season. Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Newcastle United and after them you're looking at Liverpool, Brighton, maybe Aston Villa in the mix too? Spurs might get the right manager, keep Kane and all that but I think there are many problems there too. 

If Pochettino finds the right formula early on from what is still a pretty talented squad, they'll be challenging for CL next year imo. Especially without Europe to worry about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Everton have lost their last four vs Bournemouth. Haven't won at home since March. 

If you swapped out any of the other teams travelling to a relegation threatened side I'd be more confident of Everton finally being flushed, I just think Bournemouth with nothing to play for, won't have the nastiness to put their foot on the throat of the boys in blue.

Mind you, if Leicester or Bournemouth can get an early goal, Goodison Park could rapidly turn toxic. 

• Like 2

Poch is going to have trouble shifting the recent signings which is why I think they'll try to offload Gallagher, Loftus Cheek and even Mount.   The newbies will be on mega money. What a disaster from Todd.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It was more with Bournemouth having so little to play for. Hope you’re right though 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Poch is going to have trouble shifting the recent signings which is why I think they'll try to offload Gallagher, Loftus Cheek and even Mount.   The newbies will be on mega money. What a disaster from Todd.

Aye all the academy lads are pure profit from an FFP pov as well, so it actually favours them to sell their homegrown talent, cos of their ludicrous spending spree. Would be great if they end up with an expensively assembled squad that couldn't give a fuck about the club.

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

If Pochettino finds the right formula early on from what is still a pretty talented squad, they'll be challenging for CL next year imo. Especially without Europe to worry about.

I don't even know how good of a coach MP is any more. 

At least he's got some advice from the outgoing 'manager';

Lampard inherited a bloated squad from Graham Potter and insisted that the number of players needs to be reduced in order to improve on their dismal campaign next year. When asked what advice he would give to his successor, he immediately pointed to transfer issues that Pochettino will need to handle.

“I think the squad size is something the club will address and the new manager will understand what I’m saying there in terms of numbers,” Lampard told Sky Sports. “So I think they’ll look at squad players that it might be time to leave or might want to leave to get the squad right. After that the manager will come in with whatever tactical idea he has.

“Top managers who are gonna manage Chelsea will have an idea whether it’s formation or style, but I do think that the club - having been here for a long time, a successful period playing and coaching back here - I think there’s a lot of basics, standards and day-to-day training ethics that amongst things that have happened this year have dropped down a level, and I think for me that’s the first thing I would fix.

I particularly like the last bit. It reads like he's been sat in the Soccer Saturday studio, watching it all unfold from afar. Instead of, y'know, being in a position to affect these changes directly. Or it being his fucking responsibility.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye all the academy lads are pure profit from an FFP pov as well, so it actually favours them to sell their homegrown talent, cos of their ludicrous spending spree. Would be great if they end up with an expensively assembled squad that couldn't give a fuck about the club.

Especially a club that isn't competing in Europe, and is light years from competing for the title. How much did they spend on Mudryk? Fofana? Cucurella? €215m? More than we spent in total to get Champions League, by a healthy $30m. What wages will those three likely be on? 

Shipping out Mount, Gallagher, Madueke surely won't fill that financial void?

55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If you swapped out any of the other teams travelling to a relegation threatened side I'd be more confident of Everton finally being flushed, I just think Bournemouth with nothing to play for, won't have the nastiness to put their foot on the throat of the boys in blue.

But, but, but ... Gemmill promised