Other Games 22/23

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Can the stats nerds show us the relegation probabilities?

Screenshot_20230526_100509_Chrome.jpg.23726dca5c69c6399233fb991c907f40.jpg

And here's the Opta version. Look at Leeds' line turn vertical courtesy of Big Sam.

Screenshot_20230526_100613_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7557bf40196452d581058b6d6cedcd28.jpg

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

If Pochettino finds the right formula early on from what is still a pretty talented squad, they'll be challenging for CL next year imo. Especially without Europe to worry about.

yeah, i think chelsea will be back next season. spurs look like they could drift towards insignificance. which is nice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Everton have to win to be sure. if they draw, Leicester will survive with a win on GD. my old man has a season ticket and isn't optimistic 

This is why Smith setting up Leicester not to lose against us was wiser than gunning for the win.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

This is why Smith setting up Leicester not to lose against us was wiser than gunning for the win.

Especially as they nearly nicked it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Honestly think Everton are capable of fucking this, you know. I bet they’d rather be away to a half-arsed Bournemouth than at home with a crowd who will get restless if they start slowly 

Aye.  They really are the Blue Mackems.  Prefer to be away from home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, i think chelsea will be back next season. spurs look like they could drift towards insignificance. which is nice

Shirley Kane is going to do one, then they really are turbofucked.  

The Goodison park faithful have only seen their team score more than 1 goal in one match, against Crystal Palace. 

They've won 5 times, drawn 3 and lost on 10 occasions.  Scored 15, conceded 27.

Bournemouth have  won 5, drawn 2, lost 11. Scored 17, conceded 42 (Forty Two).

Last 5 Home games for Everton W 1, D 1, L3, GF 4, GA 11

Last 5 Away games for Bournemouth  W 3, D 0, L2. GF 5, GA 7

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm looking forward to Leicester, Bournemouth and Southampton winning. Followed by an absolute parade of apologies about 66 points/Everton relegated.

7d946784-9fb3-4c23-9e49-aaa3765520c6_tex

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

will be interesting if Bournemouth take the lead. I suspect Leicester and Leeds will fail to win.

I think they'll all win because they're not facing anybody with anything to play for. 

West Ham will have eyes on their European final, and Spurs can only finish 7th if Aston Villa fail to put away an already-qualified-for-Europe Brighton.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm looking forward to Leicester, Bournemouth and Southampton winning. Followed by an absolute parade of apologies about 66 points/Everton relegated.

I think that's the dream that set Adam P off at 30,000 feet.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

On the basis Ashley owns Coventry's ground (think he still does?), I'm all about a Luton win this afternoon.

Nothing good can happen to that bloke again.

bit of a conundrum isn't it?

with ashley I think regardless of any football ground he owns I'd rather he just ate the ghee heavy dhansak that finally tips his right and left coronary arteries over the edge.

from a football point of view a win for jimmy hill's old boys, preferably about 15 minutes after the game should've ended would ensure tragic mackems shaking their fists and hurling obscenities at statues until at least 2075.

I'd quite like that too.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Dortmund just need to win their last game of the season to win the title. 

25mins in and they've missed a penalty and are 2-0 down :lol: 

Bellingham on the subs bench for some reason I notice