Other Games 22/23

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Moyes has gone full strength v Leicester, the fucking spoilsport.

Doing old friends a favour plus keeping everyone on it and match fit. His only problem might be players pulling out of tackles.

Well I'm fucking WELL UP for Everton potentially going down here. I was gonna go multiscreen on the IPTV and sit about like Jeff Stelling but I think I'll just stick us on the telly and Everton on the tablet and hope for the best.

If Everton look like going down with 15 to go, that takes pride of place on the telly.

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They're fucked anyway but hilarious how much of a non-impact Allardyce has had.

I would say non-impact is generous if the result stays like this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everton will be delighted to have secured themselves another dire season of suffering in the Premier League.

The flaccidity of this final day is terrible, the premier league will need to get some new writers in over the summer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

The flaccidity of this final day is terrible, the premier league will need to get some new writers in over the summer.

Aye. The price of sending a happy smiley family club to do a man's job. Even Spurs would have beat Everton today, that's how bad Bournemouth were.

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Leicester playing safe v us really helped them didn't it

Aye the number of pundits I've heard this week talk about how that could be a really important point, like going into the final day 2 points short of safety was some kind of masterplan.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye the number of pundits I've heard this week talk about how that could be a really important point, like going into the final day 2 points short of safety was some kind of masterplan.

They did almost win it at the end though. If Pope doesn't make that save, the whole gameplan would be lauded as a masterstroke. If they'd opened up and played us properly, they would have lost by 2 or 3 goals IMO.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Rayvin said:

They did almost win it at the end though. If Pope doesn't make that save, the whole gameplan would be lauded as a masterstroke. If they'd opened up and played us properly, they would have lost by 2 or 3 goals IMO.

It would’ve but that would’ve been 20/20 hindsight (which I suppose this is too :lol: ). There’s a middle ground where you stay in the game then go for it earlier. They’d have been incredibly lucky if the gameplay had worked with them scoring at the death with their sole attempt on goal I think it was. Especially in a game where we’d missed loads of chances and hit the woodwork on numerous occasions. They were in a position where it was very difficult for them to stay up but I think you’ve got to try and make things happen in that situation. I.e. not just relying on Everton dropping points at home against a Bournemouth side with no skin in the game. As others have said though it’s all very well replacing and blaming Rogers but it’s fucking pointless if you’re replacing him with Dean Smith. A little bit like Leeds. By all means change the manager but don’t do it that late and don’t bring in a fucking dinosaur / fraud like Allardyce  

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

I don't think trying not to lose away at a CL chasing team was the reason they've gone down. Gifting 4pts to each of the other two teams legitimately in the Relegation fight could be one reason, letting Southampton do the double over you is another. 

Maddison missing a penalty against Everton at 2-1 going into the half time break, was worse than only getting a point away to Newcastle.

• Like 2

On 28/05/2023 at 14:45, Rayvin said:

Agreed, I’ve seen it from a few pundits now as well as the YouTube crew about how leicester should have given it a go against us but if they did we’d have fucking smacked them as you say. Our attackers work well when there is space, they struggle when the pitch is condensed and teams sit back, so if Leicester tried to come at us we’d have had a ton of space. I think the pundits are also forgetting that Leicester are shite and we dominated the ball - if that was Liverpool rather than us they’d not have been saying this. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed, I’ve seen it from a few pundits now as well as the YouTube crew about how leicester should have given it a go against us but if they did we’d have fucking smacked them as you say. Our attackers work well when there is space, they struggle when the pitch is condensed and teams sit back, so if Leicester tried to come at us we’d have had a ton of space. I think the pundits are also forgetting that Leicester are shite and we dominated the ball - if that was Liverpool rather than us they’d not have been saying this. 

Even in the second half, when they introduced Maddison and their other more talented attacking players, we had more dangerous phases of play.

• Like 1

To be honest, it was Everton's 5-1 demolition of Brighton that kept them up. So, really, Brighton should be docked points for being enemies of football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did not know that Smalling played for Roma.

It's a depressing feature of today's game that you can no longer believe the frantic arm wave when a player goes down. That used to be a cast iron guarantee of a really bad injury, now it's usually just some cunt wanting a lie down.

• Like 2