Other Games 22/23

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Obviously it's the money side of it that means we get the league format but the quality of these competitions was primarily diluted by the expansion of the CL.

Yeah I know. However I still think they were much better in their old format even after the advent of the CL. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Mind, regardless of the football, anything involving Bari and Cagliari is quite the evocative Italia 90 throwback :wub: 

Started 33 years ago today 😊

Not even my favourite Cameroon defender 😆

IMG_2087.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

I suspect that back then the First Division or FA Cup argument was had in the same way we now say Premier League or Champions League.

There wasn’t any argument, it wasn’t even a topic of conversation, FA Cup was the king and the final was the only club game live on TV. It was covered like Charlie’s coronation, wall to wall all day

• Like 5

It was either on here or Twitter but I said that Stones was clearly made for a midfield role about 10 years ago and it’s shocking that it’s taken a man like Pep this long to catch on. He’s supposed to be a genius and it makes you think 

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione