Other Games 22/23

IF we get to he final and IF we did beat them, you just know it will because they had a draining European game in the week before, it would never be because we won it on merit.

Fine by me though.

• Like 1

Well I'm getting right out ahead of myself and telling you that the final is on the 26th, so their game with Brentford will get shifted, leaving the final sandwiched between a second leg knockout tie against Barcelona and Liverpool away. 

Screenshot_20230126_084348_Sofascore.thumb.jpg.f84145e1f205e952c98f26639d4eed50.jpg

They've got 8 games between now and the final, we've got 4 or 5 if the Brighton game is pulled forward.

That's 8 games when Casemiro and Rashford can get injured, 2 of those games are against dorty Leeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t fear Man U. I would put us down as slight favourites 

It'll certainly be an even match up, unlike the finals of 98 & 99.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I don’t see us as favourites and tbh, I wouldn’t want to call it, especially with both at full strength. Joelinton would/will have to have an outstanding game against Casemiro and someone like Saint-Maximin, in full tilt, would need to be the difference 

Yeah, I still think ours is a squad game and to get a result they'll all have to do their part and then someone like Isak or like you say ASM to do that little bit extra. 

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t fear Man U. I would put us down as slight favourites 

With how they're playing at them moment they will be favourites.  Whilst we are hard to defend against, we are finding scoring hard at the moment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

With how they're playing at them moment they will be favourites.  Whilst we are hard to defend against, we are finding scoring hard at the moment. 

just wait

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

8 hours ago, The Fish said:

They've got 8 games between now and the final, we've got 4 or 5 if the Brighton game is pulled forward.

That's 8 games when Casemiro and Rashford can get injured, 2 of those games are against dorty Leeds.

I'm more concerned about Schar or Botman getting injured. Lascelles starting the final would be an absolute nightmare. 

30 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I'm more concerned about Schar or Botman getting injured. Lascelles starting the final would be an absolute nightmare. 

Play Burn alongside Botman at centre half in that scenario 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Play Burn alongside Botman at centre half in that scenario 

We don’t have a left back 🤷🏻‍♂️

and there’s five days of the window left…

Edited by PaddockLad