Restaurant Recommendations

wykikitoon

Used to love Sachin’s.

Can’t remember what it’s called but I went to a really nice curry place a few years back on the Gateshead side of the Tyne bridge, just over from the Hilton.

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

(They also served a doner pizza)

You’ll not know now that you only eat almond bars and lettuce but they’re all the rage now. Takeaway pizza technology has advanced; curry pizzas, 37 inch efforts, a Japanese pizza with sweetcorn and whitebait. It’s a whole new world

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Used to love Sachin’s.

Can’t remember what it’s called but I went to a really nice curry place a few years back on the Gateshead side of the Tyne bridge, just over from the Hilton.

Raval. Cliff Richard's favourite curry house. 

I still remember manc-mag saying that it was cos he liked their Living Dahl. :lol:

• Haha 4

I'm appreciating these recommendations too, because I'm visiting with the fella soon and I need to soft-sell him on the idea of having Newcastle on the list of potential destinations when we move out of smelly London. :pray:

I'll join the praise for Dabbawal btw, good grub. The West Jesmond branch is in an interesting building, but obviously no need to go out of your way to go there when they've got a branch right in the city centre. :D 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Raval. Cliff Richard's favourite curry house. 

I still remember manc-mag saying that it was cos he liked their Living Dahl. :lol:

And because he was Hank Marvin. Is it still going? Used to be really nice 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I went to a Tex-Mex place on Ocean Road last week, the beef has to be the nicest thing that I have ever eaten. It was called El Tio. I would highly recommend 👌 

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ocean Road in South Shields? 

Has CT got a brother?

AF1QipPAY5JsuRu_47o2ows4tvA0ZID3AdK_2Vz-

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Has CT got a brother?

AF1QipPAY5JsuRu_47o2ows4tvA0ZID3AdK_2Vz-

I didn't realise this had already been posted. This is the place I went. It was absolutely amazing. I am not a fan of South Shields but I am 100% going to be going back there again. The waiter was great and the food was phenomenal. I am not normally that bothered about eating out but I am quite keen to sort a date night for me and the Mrs. The only negative was my kids loved the hats and the bloke let them take them home haha.

15 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I didn't realise this had already been posted. This is the place I went. It was absolutely amazing. I am not a fan of South Shields but I am 100% going to be going back there again. The waiter was great and the food was phenomenal. I am not normally that bothered about eating out but I am quite keen to sort a date night for me and the Mrs. The only negative was my kids loved the hats and the bloke let them take them home haha.

I'd give it a go but it would be the equivalent of driving through the iron curtain of East Germany to spend a bit of time in the British sector of Berlin for an hour or so before heading back so it's a no from me. :good:

• Haha 5

Currently sat in Coleman's in South Sheilds. I don't get it. Average at best. It is moments like this that reminds me why I have a strong dislike of South Sheilds. That and their ice cream which is also average at best yet they shout about how amazing it is. 

5 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Currently sat in Coleman's in South Sheilds. I don't get it. Average at best. It is moments like this that reminds me why I have a strong dislike of South Sheilds. That and their ice cream which is also average at best yet they shout about how amazing it is. 

Stevie, is that you? 

• Haha 2

I tend to dip in and out of toontastic due to workload.

Whatever happened to Stevie by the way? I seem to remember he was really aggressive then got a bird who opened his world up then maybe he fell ill ?

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I tend to dip in and out of toontastic due to workload.

Whatever happened to Stevie by the way? I seem to remember he was really aggressive then got a bird who opened his world up then maybe he fell ill ?

He moved to Sunderland and became a mackem. :lol:

41 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Does anyone know any decent places to get a nice breakfast? Despite the only two places I have mentioned being in South Sheilds, I am based in Newcastle.

No idea what it’s like :lol: as I’ve never had the chance to go…… but there’s a place called quay ingredient under the Tyne bridge that always used to have a great reputation for breakfasts.