Eddie’s Impassable Picket Line vs Scabs.

Monkeys Fist

Lovely stuff being there to watch that. Forest are woeful, mind. You could hear the penny drop with the Forest fans somewhere between the time Schar belted his goal and when Joelinton was absolutely refusing to let any of them over the half way line, that the Premier League is a different beast altogether. Great stuff from front to back today.

Colback against our midfield btw :lol: literally all he can do is foul. Forest have signed 14 players and he’s still starting. They should be embarrassed 

• Like 1

Yeh they were absolutely hopeless, we made it look easy and waited for our goals patiently. 

A comprehensive victory that was never in doubt. 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh they were absolutely hopeless, we made it look easy and waited for our goals patiently. 

A comprehensive victory that was never in doubt. 

I am a long way from ever feeling “never in doubt” they’ve got a bit more to do to convince me they won’t Newcastle United it up.

Signs are good though.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

Anybody else think based on today ASM looks like he may get Howed this season? 

You can still questions his decision making and end product at times but I thought he seemed to link up better with the team and his overall awareness and passing was improved. Long way to go but some positives there for me.

• Like 4

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Anybody else think based on today ASM looks like he may get Howed this season? 

You can still questions his decision making and end product at times but I thought he seemed to link up better with the team and his overall awareness and passing was improved. Long way to go but some positives there for me.

Definitely massive improvement from him today. You wonder if he’s been told things have to change if he wants to remain. Some cracking lay offs from him today.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

This is a sobering first day for Forest. We're mint, but fuck me it's a long drive home to contemplate the remaining 37 games for these lads. 

I thought they did well defensively but first goal to us and they were beat all day. Only promoted team to get beat said more about us than them IMO.

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Do you reckon J-Lingz is having second thoughts yet :lol: 

Was he playing? :lol: Call Colback but at least he never hid once even though he had joelinton and Bruno to contend with. 

21 minutes ago, Craig said:

Its unbelievable nobody was more interested than us in this guy. I mean a proper big club, not Arsenal.

Hopefully the 'project' really gets going in a year or so because otherwise we will have a real fight on our hands to keep him. Opposition fans, commentators pundits etc. have all started taking real notice, his class is that bloody evident. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Was he playing? :lol: Call Colback but at least he never hid once even though he had joelinton and Bruno to contend with. 

He had that one chance didn't he that Schar blocked? 

They barely got a look in but Burn and Schar were very quick to snuff them out. The feck do we make sense of how competent this team is ffs :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

He had that one chance didn't he that Schar blocked? 

They barely got a look in but Burn and Schar were very quick to snuff them out. The feck do we make sense of how competent this team is ffs :lol: 

We need something up front including out wide for the X factor tbh as we struggled to break them down and even when we did wasted the final ball. We were winning all day long once Schar's snorter went in. Was in that end, near their fans, was amazing to watch it go in. (And it was going in all day). 👌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully the evidence of what is needed will be plain to see for Howe and Ashworth, and they can come up with a cunning plan to bring some more talent in which will kick us on further in terms of attacking options. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We need something up front including out wide for the X factor tbh as we struggled to break them down and even when we did wasted the final ball. We were winning all day long once Schar's snorter went in. Was in that end, near their fans, was amazing to watch it go in. (And it was going in all day). 👌

Oh definitely, a couple of quality additions up front are necessary, and of course the club knows it. It's just refreshing to see well drilled confident outfit where everybody knows what they're doing, with some real class down the spine as well. The foundations are getting done right. 

• Like 1

The intensity and work rate was first class start to finish and realistically they are a good few games from being fully/proper match fit yet. This could be great fun 🤩 

• Like 1