Jump to content

Eddie’s Impassable Picket Line vs Scabs.


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, KetteringMag said:

The best thing about sitting next to the away fans was looking over every ten minutes and seeing the change in their expressions, from pure joy just before kick off & then around 60 minutes in a look of 'fuck this league is going to be tough'.

 

It was joyous to watch after reading some sections of Forest fans saying we were just a bang average team.

 

I am biased as my Father in Law and Brother in law are Forest fans.  But I am glad to see they're back and both of them two know it's not gonna be easy.  They have lost so many players and it's basically a re-build.   But fuck me, we have dodged a bullet with #Jlingz.  He was shite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PpDA is Passes per Defensive Action. In other words, how many passes does Team A allow Team B to play before tackling, pressuring, fouling or otherwise. 

 

First game of last season was at home to West Ham. We let West Ham knock the ball around 25 times before we applied pressure.

First game of this season was at home to Forest. We let Forest play 6 passes on average, before applying pressure.

 

Even when you compare Eddie's 30th game with Bruce's (Sheff Utd in 2020). We let 10 man Sheff Utd play on average 28 passes before putting them under any kind of pressure. 

 

Penultimate game of last season, against CL chasing Arsenal, it was 7.

 

The high, relentless press is proof to me that a) Howe knows his onions, b) the players are on board and c) we're not going to go off and sign some mercenary because they're not going to work hard enough.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

It was an attempt to close off a line of conversation that I think has gone on a bit too much for a space in which you don't know what everyone's experiences are, but thanks for that Dave. Along with almost word for word plagiarising my Man Utd argument in the Other Games thread from literally the page before, I can see you're on top form today ;)

You are most welcome. 

 

Did you write something about Man Utd? It mustn't have either grabbed or held my attention.

 

You should apologise now.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

You are most welcome. 

 

Did you write something about Man Utd? It mustn't have either grabbed or held my attention.

 

You should apologise now.

 

I wasn't going to even mention it until your comment in this thread fwiw :D

 

Still, nice to see I'm on the same page as the English Diego :cuppa:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

PpDA is Passes per Defensive Action. In other words, how many passes does Team A allow Team B to play before tackling, pressuring, fouling or otherwise. 

 

First game of last season was at home to West Ham. We let West Ham knock the ball around 25 times before we applied pressure.

First game of this season was at home to Forest. We let Forest play 6 passes on average, before applying pressure.

 

Even when you compare Eddie's 30th game with Bruce's (Sheff Utd in 2020). We let 10 man Sheff Utd play on average 28 passes before putting them under any kind of pressure. 

 

Penultimate game of last season, against CL chasing Arsenal, it was 7.

 

The high, relentless press is proof to me that a) Howe knows his onions, b) the players are on board and c) we're not going to go off and sign some mercenary because they're not going to work hard enough.

 

You've redeemed yourself somewhat with this, good analysis ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

I wasn't going to even mention it until your comment in this thread fwiw :D

 

Still, nice to see I'm on the same page as the English Diego :cuppa:

on fire burn GIF

 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats horseshit from Hope tbh, Bruno played several excellent through balls to Almiron that couldve been assists or passes leading to an assist with a different player on the end of them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope's argument there seems to be that Bruno can play better than he did, and maybe he can, but is that the metric? So if you stuck me in there and I played the game of my life but barely hitting a 0.5/10 by any normal footballing standard, he'd give me a 9?

 

Whether he had his best game or not, Bruno ties the whole team together.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Tripper at 5.5 is mind boggling too.  Thought he broke a few plays up and passed.  He must have been on the Spice.

 

Fantasy Premier league somehow had Trippier down for a bonus point also. Think it was 3 for Schar, two for Targett and one for Trips. I'm not convinced that they watched the game before deciding on the points

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's harsh from Hope but I do think we've seen both players have better games for us. I recall a loose ball from each of them but to be quite honest, the rest of their performances far outweighs that. I'd have given Bruno an 8 and Tripps at least a 6.5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe just me, but player ratings seem so old fashioned :lol: 

 

Maybe useful in their time, but who really cares less what any journo thinks of a players performance.

 

Much more interested in the discussions on here.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Maybe just me, but player ratings seem so old fashioned :lol: 

 

Maybe useful in their time, but who really cares less what any journo thinks of a players performance.

 

Much more interested in the discussions on here.

point sopranos GIF by Sky

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Maybe just me, but player ratings seem so old fashioned :lol: 

 

Maybe useful in their time, but who really cares less what any journo thinks of a players performance.

 

Much more interested in the discussions on here.

 

So long as you've consigned your bed wetting to last season, that'll be just fine :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching back the extended highlights on the NUFC youtube channel, it's a bit painful how left footed Almiron is, I like him and he always puts a shift in, his runs are good too and Bruno found him well plenty of times but he just can't do anything with his right foot and he's not good enough to get it onto his left and then do something with it when hes near the byline.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's ridiculous. It's a massive hole in his game. He won't even take a speculative swing with his right. 

 

My theory of why he does so well in pre season is because those teams don't have a plan for him - they don't need to, pre season is about fitness first and foremost. Then the season starts and he's playing teams that know him and his end product drops off a cliff cos they know he's basically Jake the Peg and they can completely nullify him by showing him onto his right. 

 

Be nice to see Howe swap him and ASM. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It's ridiculous. It's a massive hole in his game. He won't even take a speculative swing with his right. 

 

My theory of why he does so well in pre season is because those teams don't have a plan for him - they don't need to, pre season is about fitness first and foremost. Then the season starts and he's playing teams that know him and his end product drops off a cliff cos they know he's basically Jake the Peg and they can completely nullify him by showing him onto his right. 

 

Be nice to see Howe swap him and ASM. 

left footers with technical ability can play on both sides, and his recovery runs (for when he or St max have lost the ball are good), its just, end product, and vision and thinking ahead. that goal from last season was pretty much a fluke..... pace isn't everything in this game. never doubting the lads work rate, more end product... he could have assisted twice and scored twice if he were more thoughtful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Hope. He always speaks really well about Newcastle and he clearly gives a shit about the club. I mean who gives a fuck about player ratings. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I like Hope. He always speaks really well about Newcastle and he clearly gives a shit about the club. I mean who gives a fuck about player ratings. 

He also hates Brewcie :lol:

 

I just thought it was an odd tweet from him.  Very Edwardsesque 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.