“When Seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think Eddie’s Fishers of Men will be thrown into the sea.”

PaddockLad

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Head says we lose this. Still don't think we're quite there yet, or at least I'm not used to the idea that we might be.

Heart says we win 2-0.

Fanny. Get involved

• Haha 3

When we beat them 2-1 in March we had 32% possession. That was at home. Our two goals came in the first 15 minutes - Fraser put away the rebound from a Murphy counter attacking shot off the post. The second was a bullet Schar header from a free-kick. This was before Bruno was starting.

It's only 5 months later but I won't be at all suprised if we have a different approach to this match. Brighton were on a bad run then, they're not now but we're playing with less risk on our table.

10 hours ago, The Fish said:

Well I don't know about you, but I totally believe that happened exactly as described.

It really did, exactly like that and that's why I can't let it go :D I'll try get my lass to sign up just to back it up. (cos that makes it even more credible, from the same IP, right?)

I'm still livid, a trip down from Maidenhead then we ended up getting our tenner deposit back and having to book some shit seafront overpriced room at last minute on a saturday. 

Utter utter cunt he was.

Edited by scoobos

We're a nightmare to play against now, we're hard to score against, and I don't expect we'll lose this. Whether we win will depend on our ability to create/convert chances. I'd be much more confident if we'd got someone like Maddison in, but that will come. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, maybe introduce Botman earlier, crotchety 

That'll probably depend on how well we're doing. 2 nil up on the hour mark I can see him getting a longer run out.

I love the fact he wants to get Keegan into the dressing room to talk to the players. 

Those not associated with the club believe we live in the past and romanticise about the Keegan era, but it's more than that. In all my years of following football, I don't think there's one example of ANY football personality who understood what a club means to its fanbase more than Keegan does about Newcastle. 

• Like 5

On 08/08/2022 at 19:23, thebrokendoll said:

phew.

thank the lordy for that!

It may only be 3 stops and 8 minutes but don't leave it too tight for time. Drink in one of the pubs near the station and try to keep an eye on the queue. This is a big game against a popular opponent (I can't think of better away fans to be honest) The, sun will be out so Brighton will be heaving. I'm genuinely excited about this match, I think it will be close, probably a draw but a win a win by a single goal otherwise. Like many of you I don't think you're there where you want to be yet. You need another couple of windows for Ashworth & Co to work their magic. I truly hope you make it and break the cartel up a bit. For us we hope for a steady progression that hopefully will lead to a cup win or something to give us, a European tour (I haven't got thst long left for goodness sake 😊

I hope those coming down enjoy the day at the seaside and hate the 90mind at the Amex. See you at SJP next year, can't wait

• Like 9