“When Seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think Eddie’s Fishers of Men will be thrown into the sea.”

PaddockLad

28 minutes ago, KetteringMag said:

They can be quite poor at home but they seem to start every season like a train before faltering back in October time , I'd take a draw if offered now still.

Indeed we were poor results-wise at home last season. We were getting sucker punched repeatedly after really wasting chance after chance. Burnley was the worst - Burnley, I ask you. But Potter has stuck to his beliefs and we look decent now. As has been said we are a very good passing side. We'll miss Cucarella but have options. I loved Bissouma, I could watch him all day but his form was up and down last season. We have Caciedo and Mwepu now who no doubt the big clubs will have already checked out. We are decent defensively and don't normally ship cheap goals. There is still a worry about scoring yet Welbeck has been a revelation. What he could have achieved at Old Trafford with decent fitness. A top player. Another hard season ahead but I'm looking forward to it with my eyes more looking up the table than down now. Only time will tell if my hopes have been misplaced

• Like 2

Kind of day where we could be happy for 5 subs tbh. Wonder if Howe will be tempted to keep Almiron on the bench until late on to give us 20 minutes or so of him against hot, tired defenders. Having 5 subs could well help us keep the press going for the full 90 too if you keep Murphy, Anderson and the other mobile players in reserve 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShorehamSeagull said:

It may only be 3 stops and 8 minutes but don't leave it too tight for time. Drink in one of the pubs near the station and try to keep an eye on the queue. This is a big game against a popular opponent (I can't think of better away fans to be honest) The, sun will be out so Brighton will be heaving. I'm genuinely excited about this match, I think it will be close, probably a draw but a win a win by a single goal otherwise. Like many of you I don't think you're there where you want to be yet. You need another couple of windows for Ashworth & Co to work their magic. I truly hope you make it and break the cartel up a bit. For us we hope for a steady progression that hopefully will lead to a cup win or something to give us, a European tour (I haven't got thst long left for goodness sake 😊

I hope those coming down enjoy the day at the seaside and hate the 90mind at the Amex. See you at SJP next year, can't wait

nice post,  cheers for the info.

I'd imagine it will be heaving in brighton today being as every fucker who owns a car in the uk is currently on the m25 headed towards the m23 junction. I know, I'm stuck in middle of it.

is lewes likely to be as busy? 

happy with either alternative to be honest, just wanna get out the fucking car!

looking forward to what should be game, thought at our place last season you were unlucky to leave with nowt, will gladly take a fortunate win for us again today!

:)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If anyone knows of a river tributary for this I would be obliged 

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United live stream - soccer streams (footybite.cc)

The streams will appear closer to the kickoff time. I know most people are aware of that, but I gather there are a few boomers on here 😉👍

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

Losing Targett is such a big blow. He gives us such balance on the left, quietly going about his business. Will be interesting to see how much we miss him or whether one of the CBS can fill in.

I presume Manquullo is injured. He’s never let us down covering left back

Dummett is also on the bench. Weird that Targett isn't even involved and no word of any injuries. 

Burn has played at LB before for Brighton but it still feels odd having a 6ft5in bloke in that position. I did wonder if sentiment came into it at any level - Burn getting to play against his old side although Eddie doesn't strike me as the type of manager to make that call on sentiment alone.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Target injured with dead leg v Forrest. Would have gone for Dummet if fit.

Quite scary how shit our bench is.

The bench has options for left back though so Howe hasn't been forced into selecting Burn here, he's chosen it. We should take some comfort from that IMO.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Target injured with dead leg v Forrest. Would have gone for Dummet if fit.

Quite scary how shit our bench is.

Didn't think the positivity would last long :lol:

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Didn't think the positivity would last long :lol:

CT: WE'RE GONNA WIN 4-1 EASY PEASY!!!

Also CT:

Text Street GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Nowt to do with positivity, it’s shit.

Bruno or Wilson get a knock and it’s wood and Longstaff.

Yep, totally to do with lacking positivity. Change your pants FFS.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Nowt to do with positivity, it’s shit.

Bruno or Wilson get a knock and it’s wood and Longstaff.

Wood and Longstaff as coached and developed by Howe though, in his systems. We don't have superstar depth yet, fair enough, but that can't be news to you just off the back of this teamsheet man :lol: 

• Like 1