“When Seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think Eddie’s Fishers of Men will be thrown into the sea.”

PaddockLad

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What the fuck is this shite @PaddockLad???

Starting a match thread when Fist is on a one match winning streak? That’s a bannable offence in my book. 

Well it’s a bit of a collaboration between me and Fist this week, maybe in the manner of Lennon and McCartney, where Lennon has been on the piss for three days, walked in on Macca who was noodling away at his gutair, scribbling down lyric ideas…he looks up and sees Lennon grab his bass from its stand and swing it in a wide arc above Maccas head, smashing it into his temple, breaking the neck of the Gibson semi-acoustic, blood and loose strings everywhere. Lennon then cackles like a deranged banshee, simultaneously taking his weapon out and pissing all over Maccas decade-old lyric note pad.

:huh:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Well it’s a bit of a collaboration between me and Fist this week, maybe in the manner of Lennon and McCartney, where Lennon has been on the piss for three days, walked in on Macca who was noodling away at his gutair, scribbling down lyric ideas…he looks up and sees Lennon grab his bass from its stand and swing it in a wide arc above Maccas head, smashing it into his temple, breaking the neck of the Gibson semi-acoustic, blood and loose strings everywhere. Lennon then cackles like a deranged banshee, simultaneously taking his weapon out and pissing all over Maccas decade-old lyric note lad. 

Steady on Ringo, you’re not even the best drummer in the band! 
:lol:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Ask a real drummer about how good Ringo was and you a very different opinion :huff:

‘ mean, all I wanted to do was talk about my beloved paradiddles, ‘mean, that’s what this forum is for? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My mate went down there when Diame scored his wonder goal and apparently, when Perez scored the winner, he spent a good 4 minutes raving about “tory cunts” and then refused to pay 9 quid for a Jack and Coke later on. Once more, calling the bar a “tory shithole”

Sounds like a belter day out 

Ha. Brighton is the Green Party and Hove is Labour. You couldn't get a more lefty area if you tried. 

• Like 2

On 08/08/2022 at 22:02, spongebob toonpants said:

I can't imagine living anywhere else in the South. It's an oasis of lefties in a sea of shite 2500.jpg.2d893d5c2bc31dafd456726b407dd00b.jpg

To be fair though, my last visit to Brighton , after a 100 mile drive - was to be kicked out of a hotel that we'd reserved because he didn't have the parking he said he had and we were a straight couple. Seriously.  I asked about parking - he called us too straight and uptight and told us we'd have to go ; I told him he can't do that - he pointed to the camera and said "I've just filmed you complaining that the hotel is a queer hotel" .. (which of course, we didn't say anything like).

Cuts both ways. Was fookin livid.

Oh, and FWIW I think this is going to be a challenge for us. I'd be happy with anything other than defeat.

Edited by scoobos

6 hours ago, trooper said:

Win on Saturday & we'll have 6 points. They same number we had when Howe took over after 13 games last season. Oh aye we we're bottom of the table then as well.

This will be an actual test of where our current side is. Brighton are a good team but in the middle of the pack overall, the area we should be looking to move beyond through this season. As scoobos says any point here is a good result. The style in which we play will be telling as to how much variance we will see away vs home.

On 08/08/2022 at 20:57, PaddockLad said:

Well it’s a bit of a collaboration between me and Fist this week, maybe in the manner of Lennon and McCartney, where Lennon has been on the piss for three days, walked in on Macca who was noodling away at his gutair, scribbling down lyric ideas…he looks up and sees Lennon grab his bass from its stand and swing it in a wide arc above Maccas head, smashing it into his temple, breaking the neck of the Gibson semi-acoustic, blood and loose strings everywhere. Lennon then cackles like a deranged banshee, simultaneously taking his weapon out and pissing all over Maccas decade-old lyric note pad.

ron burgundy GIF

A draw would be a good result here, I reckon. They are a bit fart and no shite at times, and we’ll not be as giving as Man Utd were to them, but they keep the ball well and do make quite a few chances regardless of who they’re playing. But, with someone as good as Bruno pulling the strings, we have a chance against anyone not named Man City 

• Like 2