eddie's toothless triers v's pep's teeth like amity's worst fucking nightmare

thebrokendoll

foolishly stepping up to the plate here for what is likely to be a losing match thread starter for whoever sets the ball rolling!

it's hard to be anything other than delighted with 4 points and 4th in table after our 2 games but despite this yesterday's almost total lack of any meaningful supply to wilson is a concern.

can see an apprehensive atmosphere next weekend which could quickly go flat if man city start handing out their usual mauling.

desperately hoping we make a breakthrough in the transfer window in the next few days, otherwise I think I'd be happy for us just to keep the scoreline to under 3

• Like 3

Yeah I can't see anything other than a comfortable win for Man City from this one.

We need to be mindful of the journey we're on, under Bruce I'm pretty certain we'd have convincingly lost yesterday. We've established ourselves with a solid stubborn defence and are hard to break down. In 2022 we've conceded 20 league goals but 10 of those came of the hidings at Spurs and Man City.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is there a case for three at the back for this one?

Fairly sure we started with 3 at the back yesterday but it was ditched quite quickly as Maxi wasn’t in the mood to track back . Bournemouth did it yesterday ie they played 5 defenders… 4 nil :unsure: 

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is there a case for three at the back for this one?

Never been a fan of three at the back....home game / big crowd / great atmosphere / players should be right up for it...........as the old song goes......"Get into them and fuck them up" 

Thought i'd come see how you guys are seeing the Newcastle United v Manchester City match (written in full cos none of us like the abbreviations).

I've been on our bluemoon pre match thread and i'd see this post pretty much sums up the feeling "Not going to be a walk in the park but with our extra quality should be enough for the 3 points.". Thats a quote from our forum.

My feelings is similar, Eddie is astute so can he come up with a game plan? We're a new beast this year and we don't yet know how it will handle adversity so i reckon you guys should give it a go, but in spells. 90 mins of end to end would play into our hands i think as we've learnt to counter quickly.

It's a bit weird now reading stuff like that from oppositions, especially a team like CIty.  It just shows you how far we have come in such a short time under Eddie.

Our problem will be, if we get a chance we have to take it.  But at the moment we aren't ruthless enough.  I would be very happy with a draw again :lol:  But think it will be 2-0 to you boys.  We have to snuffle KDB.  Bloke is a magician. Problem is, you have a lot of them :lol: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Thought i'd come see how you guys are seeing the Newcastle United v Manchester City match (written in full cos none of us like the abbreviations).

I've been on our bluemoon pre match thread and i'd see this post pretty much sums up the feeling "Not going to be a walk in the park but with our extra quality should be enough for the 3 points.". Thats a quote from our forum.

My feelings is similar, Eddie is astute so can he come up with a game plan? We're a new beast this year and we don't yet know how it will handle adversity so i reckon you guys should give it a go, but in spells. 90 mins of end to end would play into our hands i think as we've learnt to counter quickly.

We were second best at Brighton but hung in there despite having an off day. I'd go 0-2 like Wykiki or worse and I'm relatively relaxed about this season. Obviously we're not the only ones who struggle against your side but I do feel like you're the team we've struggled against the most even when you've not been the best side in the league, although I'd add were getting better, have better players and a manager light years ahead of his predecessor. Still won't be enough on Sunday I'd guess?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Manchester City is a game to get through, rather than enjoy. If I was Eddie I'd already have one eye on the Cup and Wolves games to follow.

If we were going into it off the back of two wins, 2 clean sheets and a shiny new attacker looking to build on a couple of cameos I might be more optimistic. As it stands, keep everything tight, try not to get anyone sent off but spoil the game as a spectacle. Reduce the game to 5 minutes at the start and end of the halves. Look to hit you on the counter with ASM having one of his games.

There's no way I'd try and match you man for man, press hard, press often, then counter or drop back into position. Pope will be the busier of the two 'keepers, Wilson the quieter of the two strikers.

0-2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

if we were to keep you to nil I'd be absolutely fucking delighted. can't see it mind but you never know.,  I still doubt it'd be enough for a win though as we struggled to break down forest and weren't even at the races against brighton. the quality of the opposition is on an upward trend at the moment and I'd be gobsmacked if we score on sunday!

even if we were to sign some much needed offensive players in the next couple of days howe wouldn't play them.

you and blue moon have fuck all to worry about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

It's a bit weird now reading stuff like that from oppositions, especially a team like CIty.  It just shows you how far we have come in such a short time under Eddie.

Our problem will be, if we get a chance we have to take it.  But at the moment we aren't ruthless enough.  I would be very happy with a draw again :lol:  But think it will be 2-0 to you boys.  We have to snuffle KDB.  Bloke is a magician. Problem is, you have a lot of them :lol: 

you'll get used to it. tbh it takes a while to stop noticing the 40 point barrier. i'll probably lose interest eventually but for now i'm still curious about the takeover. i think uefa pulled up a FFP drawbridge and we just scrambled over before it shut. And uefa have been on us ever since.

i'm still dreaming of breaking the 100 point barrier again but as invincibles all the while scoring more than a 100 goals and conceding none.  impossible.

i would take any sort of a win but would like to see haaland score. i guess i ought to make a prediction. i'll go 3-1 city.