eddie's toothless triers v's pep's teeth like amity's worst fucking nightmare

thebrokendoll

actually it might be worth just singing "loadsa money" type songs and go for banter instead then any result on the pitch will be a bonus lol

not sure why i type thing like lol, i'm nearly 60.

i see some city fans are surprised that you haven't "gone big" in the transfer market yet. some seem to think it'll take forever with a slowly slowly approach. 

i went to city v Bournemouth and it was just stupidly hot. had to down a pint of water before my first post match pint, probably should have done before the pre match pints too tbh

56 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

actually it might be worth just singing "loadsa money" type songs and go for banter instead then any result on the pitch will be a bonus lol

not sure why i type thing like lol, i'm nearly 60.

i see some city fans are surprised that you haven't "gone big" in the transfer market yet. some seem to think it'll take forever with a slowly slowly approach. 

i went to city v Bournemouth and it was just stupidly hot. had to down a pint of water before my first post match pint, probably should have done before the pre match pints too tbh

Like you said earlier, UEFA and PL have pulled the drawbridge up. But this is a siege, not a blitzkrieg. We'll get in, it'll take time, good decisions and money. I see no problems there.

• Like 3

Mike Ashley took us from having one of the best commercial revenues in this country to being behind Norwich in the CR dept. We've got loads of room for manoeuvre and the fact we've had deals significantly below our market value seems to have mattered not a jot until now? This season will be consolidation and letting the new, professional people who've been hired to get their feet under the table, assess then put a plan into place with the new CEO identifying the new revenue streams as well. On the playing side there'll be players who will still have a future and will grow with the club and this is their time to prove it. 

After 14 years of the dickhead who throttled the club coming on top of Shepherd who was far from perfect, I'm quite relaxed about NUFC in the long run. Just like Man City the club will not be fucked about by the PL/UEFA as time goes by.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Mike Ashley took us from having one of the best commercial revenues in this country to being behind Norwich in the CR dept. We've got loads of room for manoeuvre and the fact we've had deals significantly below our market value seems to have mattered not a jot until now? This season will be consolidation and letting the new, professional people who've been hired to get their feet under the table, assess then put a plan into place with the new CEO identifying the new revenue streams as well. On the playing side there'll be players who will still have a future and will grow with the club and this is their time to prove it. 

After 14 years of the dickhead who throttled the club coming on top of Shepherd who was far from perfect, I'm quite relaxed about NUFC in the long run. Just like Man City the club will not be fucked about by the PL/UEFA as time goes by.

"Fair Market Value" is only there to protect the Haves, no one gives a shit if Terry SussAsFuck sells the Rochdale's soul to his mate for pennies on the pound.

• Like 3

Given that this is the third game of the season, this from Pep might give cause for optimism for you guys...

“We cannot forget three seasons ago when Liverpool won the Premier League, we lost five points in the first five games.

“Two seasons ago we lost seven points in the first five games and last season we lost five points in the first five games.

“Always in this period we drop points, (then) after we make maybe 12, 13, 14 games in a row winning.

so that means we're due to drop points against at least one of Newcastle, Palace, Forest, probably two. 

My money would be on Palace as they did the double on us last season me thinks.

24 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that in the 15 years Mike Ashley owned us he took the CR from £23m to £29m PA. That's horrendous.

Craig, you're giving him too much credit. He actually took our commercial revenue from £28m to £21m pa.

FTbGf1HXEAEGErq?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Figures must have been the other way around then :lol:

Even if he had increased it, £6m growth in 15 years is awful. This however.... 

• Like 1

36/5 for a home win on sunday with 888sport, tempted to have a £5 on it, but me doing so almost guarantees we'll get beat!

bizarre really that football can throw up a freak result occasionally, but with us we're always the victims of a minor.miracle rather than.the benefactors!

when was the last time we won a match that defied all odds?

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

36/5 for a home win on sunday with 888sport, tempted to have a £5 on it, but me doing so almost guarantees we'll get beat!

bizarre really that football can throw up a freak result occasionally, but with us we're always the victims of a minor.miracle rather than.the benefactors!

when was the last time we won a match that defied all odds?

Ironically….

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My concern about tomorrow is if Targett isn't fit.  If we have Burn at LB and ASM is in one of his CBA moods then they will exploit that like fuck.  ASM needs to be on song tomorrow.  

:lol: Fucking Hell Wykiki.

There's 11 players on the pitch and you think it'll boil down to ASM? I think, man-for-man, they're better than we are. To get anything from the game we'll need to be disciplined, organised and in their faces from the off. Spoil the game, reduce it to 5 minutes at the start and end of each half. Deny time and space to the creative players. Their wingbacks will push forward so we need to capitalise on any counter attack opportunities by aiming for the corner and supporting from midfield. Try and win set pieces.

Leave. Allan. Alone!

chris crocker crying GIF

I have been impressed thus far with ASM this season.  You can see he is trying.  His decision making is glacially improving and he is passing more.  As pointed out previously, by yourself I think.  He isn't one for tracking back.  That's fine if we have Targett as he is more mobile than Burn and can get up and down.  

For us to get anything from this, all the squad need to be focused and on it.  Get Botman to steam into Haaland early on and lets shithouse it.

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I have been impressed thus far with ASM this season.  You can see he is trying.  His decision making is glacially improving and he is passing more.  As pointed out previously, by yourself I think.  He isn't one for tracking back.  That's fine if we have Targett as he is more mobile than Burn and can get up and down.  

For us to get anything from this, all the squad need to be focused and on it.  Get Botman to steam into Haaland early on and lets shithouse it.

I don't think Haaland is the type to shrink from a physical challenge. Way better for Joelinton, Bruno and Willock/Longstaff to snap into Gundogan, De Bruyne, and Rodri and disrupt their flow.

Aye Haaland looks the real deal unfortunately, I'd imagine he'd be like Shearer and dig you with his elbow 10 minutes later. 

I fully expect us to lose this one but hopefully we can contain them and at least get a goal and match them for periods. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

I would go 5-3-2 for this one, Burn, Botman and Schar at the back, Targett back at left wing back if he’s fit and dropping ASM to the bench with Miggy in behind Wilson 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

If we keep it below 3 I'll be happy :lol: 

And the seas will boil and Satan himself will walk the Earth.

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 2