Howe's The Pedro Pursuit You Ask? v Mike Deans Mellon Munchers

wykikitoon

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I would make changes for this game.

Dubs, Lascelles, Ciggy, Ritchie, Anderson, Wood.  Surly they start?

Na, fuck that. So sick over the years of managers promising to take the cup seriously and then putting out a shit team.

I want the best 11 out there. 

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Na, fuck that. So sick over the years of managers promising to take the cup seriously and then putting out a shit team.

Tranmere are currently 17th in Leaygue 2 marra.
I think we can afford 2-3 changes to the starting XI without too much trouble. 

If and when we progress further in the cups, then we can realistically target them with full strength squads. 

I do think Eddie will be eyeing a cup this year, as, quite apart from the insane scenes it’ll trigger if we win one, it’ll help instil the winning mentality needed to become a team truly challenging for the big prizes. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Howe legendary at Bournemouth for not taking cups seriously, you’ll be able to look up his record and probably comments from their supporters too :cuppa:

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Señor GIF - Spock - Page 2 - Greatest GIFs Of All Time - Pronounced GIF or  JIF? - Cheezburger

• Haha 4

Krafth as well. 

Also, what's with the Ciggy name for Longstaff?

I honestly wouldn't mind if Bruno, Bot, Burn, Joelinton, Willock and Miggy played in some capacity too, not sure why I feel obliged to give Schar a rest, probably because Lascelles is guaranteed to play. I assume you can still make 5 subs in cup games? Hopefully Targett will be fit for this - I didn't hear the latest after he was going to have a late fitness check for the Man City game.

So many times in these cup games we've played a weakened team, failed to score when we've had the upper hand and had the less favoured opposition grow in confidence. Start with a strong team, aim to get in front then swap in the fresh players and keep our momentum.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Howe legendary at Bournemouth for not taking cups seriously, you’ll be able to look up his record and probably comments from their supporters too :cuppa:

That was Phase 0/1 Eddie Howe. We're at least at Phase 2 now.

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

Krafth as well. 

Also, what's with the Ciggy name for Longstaff?

I honestly wouldn't mind if Bruno, Bot, Burn, Joelinton, Willock and Miggy played in some capacity too, not sure why I feel obliged to give Schar a rest, probably because Lascelles is guaranteed to play. I assume you can still make 5 subs in cup games? Hopefully Targett will be fit for this - I didn't hear the latest after he was going to have a late fitness check for the Man City game.

So many times in these cup games we've played a weakened team, failed to score when we've had the upper hand and had the less favoured opposition grow in confidence. Start with a strong team, aim to get in front then swap in the fresh players and keep our momentum.

I think the difference between then and now is the ethos of Howe's teams. Whomever we play in the cup game, the way we play will stay largely the same. I'd rest ASM and Bruno, maybe Trippier and one of the centre backs. Maybe give Dubravka a game? With Longstaff, Murphy, Fraser, Krafth, Anderson and the like playing we should still have enough to beat Tranmere. Especially if we play with the same intensity we saw in the games against Forest and Brighton. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

If there’s one season to make an assault on the last 8 of the league cup it’s this one…the World Cup break skews everything…

I'm getting strong 2011/12 vibes from the start of this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

We should still have enough to beat these with them starting?

We lost to Cambridge at home THIS YEAR,to a team that included Trippier, Schar, ASM, Shelvey & Joelinton. :lol: 

It already looks like Wilson is out.

For me, it’s as strong as possible, especially as we are not playing til Sunday.

I'd start:

Dubravka

Targett if fit

Krafth

Lascelles

Longstaff

Anderson

Wood

Murphy

That should be more than enough to beat these and we can react if things start going south. We're not the unprofessional knacker club that can't afford to rotate its first team anymore. 

Our second string will be fitter and sharper than theirs and we should knack them. 

• Like 2

You put a side out that is capable of winning this sort of match. You definitely DON'T put out your your strongest possible XI. The risk of injury is just too great. 

Thankfully Eddie has already made comments to suggest there'll be changes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd start:

Dubravka

Targett if fit

Krafth

Lascelles

Longstaff

Anderson

Wood

Murphy

That should be more than enough to beat these and we can react if things start going south. We're not the unprofessional knacker club that can't afford to rotate its first team anymore. 

Our second string will be fitter and sharper than theirs and we should knack them. 

I'd probably want to name 11 players, mind. We're good, but I don't think we should try and beat them with 8 men.

• Haha 14

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Step outside of your front door. I'm taking a long run-up to Manchester to kick you in the balls. 

I'll just put a magnet at the end of the drive, fry your circuitboards before you get to the front door.

• Haha 3