Alexander Isak

Anorthernsoul

40 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I love the rage at the end, as if any of them could’ve stopped him. 

They could have with a foul.  Should have been taken out long before he got close to the box.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

They could have with a foul.  Should have been taken out long before he got close to the box.

Nah. He looked like he was playing himself into a dead end. Which would be the case for 99.9999% of players. You're always taught not give a free kick away in this situation.

Also, as for him trying to get round Pickford and shooting, no. Firstly, if he had failed this wouldn't even be remembered. And secondly, I live the fact he unselfishly made it a team goal. I'll not bother with clichés about teams winning things, not individuals, but his making this an assist bodes very well for us and I commend him. This may be my favourite NUFC goal ever. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Nah. He looked like he was playing himself into a dead end. Which would be the case for 99.9999% of players. You're always taught not give a free kick away in this situation.

Also, as for him trying to get round Pickford and shooting, no. Firstly, if he had failed this wouldn't even be remembered. And secondly, I live the fact he unselfishly made it a team goal. I'll not bother with clichés about teams winning things, not individuals, but his making this an assist bodes very well for us and I commend him. This may be my favourite NUFC goal ever. 

He looks so happy and buzzing (as do all the players tbh) and I agree.  What a goal, I have watched it over and over again.

• Like 1

The defending was shit, but to focus on that would disrespect the control and alacrity of thought he has. Entirely with his right foot, dribbling on the very edge of the pitch like a tightrope walker. No pointless stepovers, and as has been said, he got to that point and his first thought was to pull it back, not try and cap it with a solo goal. 

£63m should buy you top tier talent, and it fucking has. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The defending was shit, but to focus on that would disrespect the control and alacrity of thought he has. Entirely with his right foot, dribbling on the very edge of the pitch like a tightrope walker. No pointless stepovers, and as has been said, he got to that point and his first thought was to pull it back, not try and cap it with a solo goal. 

£63m should buy you top tier talent, and it fucking has. 

This just happened in LTA's hoose

Siren GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 9

On 29/04/2023 at 11:11, Renton said:

Don't think anything will top Tiotes goal Vs Arsenal for me for a very long time!

Edited by RobElliott
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, RobElliott said:

Don't think anything will top Tiotes goal Vs Arsenal for me for a very long time!

I go even further back to Ginola v Ferencvaros 

• Like 3

Cisse's 2nd against Chelsea

Robert's first against Spurs

Ben Arfa against Bolton

Bellamy against Feyenoord

Albert's against Man Utd

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Cisse's 2nd against Chelsea

Robert's first against Spurs

Ben Arfa against Bolton

Bellamy against Feyenoord

Albert's against Man Utd

Fuck me, what a feeling that one was.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck me, what a feeling that one was.

Yeah, it was a great feeling, winning us entry into the next round, but in terms of quality I don't think it matches those already listed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, it was a great feeling, winning us entry into the next round, but in terms of quality I don't think it matches those already listed.

Listen, my Avian Averse Amigo, you said favourite. Not highest quality, Favourite.

I you want to shift the goal posts, you should have chosen a less pedantic message board.

• Haha 6

Just now, The Fish said:

Listen, my Avian Averse Amigo, you said favourite. Not highest quality, Favourite.

I you want to shift the goal posts, you should have chosen a less pedantic message board.

That's fair enough. Too subjective probably. Mine would be Lua Lua's 90th minute winner against Derby at Pride park 2002, to make it 2-3. Even though I burst an ear drum celebrating.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's fair enough. Too subjective probably. Mine would be Lua Lua's 90th minute winner against Derby at Pride park 2002, to make it 2-3. Even though I burst an ear drum celebrating.  

That was fuckin unreal that day. Thought we’d seen the future after Shearer went off injured. Too many radgepackets, an elderly manager and a fuckin arsehole of a chairman made it a false dawn through…

• Like 2

Shearer’s volley v Everton was some strike. I had the perfect view of it from my old seat. One of those ones where it was a goal the instant it left his foot. 

• Like 4

The Shearer volley against Villa was quality as well, the pace he put on the ball was mental. 

The Bruno diving header against Leicester was a mental one in similar terms to the Bellamy v Feyenoord, felt like a massive momentum shift for the club and we’ve felt like a force since (I know we’d won games at the time but just the manner of that one)

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

Absolutely impossible to pick favourite goals without forgetting about some or changing your mind but for goals witnessed first hand I'd doubt there'd be any from 1994 onwards tbh. Off the top of my head;

O'Brien chip v mackems at Roker 91-92

Kelly v Portsmouth SJP 91-92

O'Brien FK v mackems 92-93

Kelly v Grimsby Blundell 92-93

O'Brien pile driver v Boro at ayresome 92-93

(Ask me in ten minutes and I'll probably give you five different answers). :lol:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Absolutely impossible to pick favourite goals without forgetting about some or changing your mind but for goals witnessed first hand I'd doubt there'd be any from 1994 onwards tbh. Off the top of my head;

O'Brien chip v mackems at Roker 91-92

Kelly v Portsmouth SJP 91-92

O'Brien FK v mackems 92-93

Kelly v Grimsby Blundell 92-93

O'Brien pile driver v Boro at ayresome 92-93

(Ask me in ten minutes and I'll probably give you five different answers). :lol:

Just curious, how old were you for those goals?

Just wondering how much nostalgia plays in all this. Would a younger member look at the goals under Robson with more warmth.

• Like 1

Pedro nearly needs his own category. Was it home v Norwich when he scored from wide on the right when he spotted the keeper a touch off his line and leathered it in the top corner? He scored a similar one for England iirc. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just curious, how old were you for those goals?

Just wondering how much nostalgia plays in all this. Would a younger member look at the goals under Robson with more warmth.

Nailed it tbh, I would've been around 19, young, pissed, carefree and enjoying the goals on the terraces without any concern of season tickets, loyalty points, Twitter and all that shite plus they were either derby goals or vital importance matches. :good:

• Like 3