Come On Eileen, You Boring Wanderers v Wor Alex ABBA Loving Mags!

wykikitoon

Just a smidge of a downgrade: Bruno to Longstaff, both in our ability to retain and to regain possession. Also curious that we're still playing Burn at LB given Targett is on the bench, is it loyalty to Burn retaining him in the first 11 or Targett not fully match fit?

I'd say it's likely we get a look at Anderson here and that Fraser gets a run. Not having a single centre forward/striker on the bench is concerning.

Disappointing to be without our two best players. Hopefully maxi can carry his form from last week into this game. I’d like to see Anderson introduced if we need to change the game. Not a lot else on the bench is there 

I thought Longstaff was fucking awful against Tranmere. He should share a part of the blame for their goal and he was just generally slow and looked uninterested throughout. He's really not PL standard for mine. He's a player that hasn't improved at all since Howe has come in and doesn't look up for the fight.

In saying that, though, Wolves have been woeful so far this season (and the back end of last). So, I have faith that we can get something from today. We might even nick a win. But a draw also wouldn't be the worst result, given the mounting injury problems.

Hopefully, Bruno's injury is not anything serious at all. He finished the match against Tranmere so fingers crossed it's a minor one.

We’d played well as a team v teams like Wolves before Bruno started last season. No reason to think we can’t get a result here. Cunt disappeared at Brighton in the second half anyway :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad

Targett was at fault for the Tranmere goal, not Longstaff. But it’s not fashionable to criticise players that have come in since the takeover I suppose.

Its more a reflection on how sensational Bruno is than how shit Longstaff is that we’re disappointed in the line up. The amount of pre-match criticism is becoming tiresome.

As for Bruno not playing, that’s sadly the risk we take when taking our first choice selection to a bunch of sloggers like Tranmere. And to think some people wanted us to put out our strongest XI out for that match.

• Like 1

Lineup has pissed on my cornflakes somewhat. Was hoping to see Isak in action at some point and then we got the Bruno news to top it off.  Hopefully we've still got enough for a win but I'd be happy for a draw right about now.

• Like 1

Just now, MrBass said:

Lineup has pissed on my cornflakes somewhat. Was hoping to see Isak in action at some point and then we got the Bruno news to top it off.  Hopefully we've still got enough for a win but I'd be happy for a draw right about now.

we can thank Brexit for Isak not playing. Work permit would not have been needed had we still been in the EU

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Disappointing to be without our two best players. Hopefully maxi can carry his form from last week into this game. I’d like to see Anderson introduced if we need to change the game. Not a lot else on the bench is there 

3 best players. 

Anyone else notice how sky point blank refuse to put Newcastle United on their graphics or how their main presenters never say it? Not just us obviously but it has to be deliberate. 

Anyway, bit of a blow tbh the news all round, I just can't see Longstaff being a PL player in the next couple of years and it goes without saying I'd love to be wrong.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Targett was at fault for the Tranmere goal, not Longstaff. But it’s not fashionable to criticise players that have come in since the takeover I suppose.

I didn't exclude Targett from blame or even "most" of the blame for the goal. But I was talking about Longstaff. And, in my opinion, Longstaff let the runner go off his shoulder for the goal. And for me, that entitles him to share a part of the blame for the goal, as I said. It would seem strange to me to argue that the blame should rest solely on one player for conceding a goal. Do you think it was only Targett's fault for the goal?

As for disappointment about the lineup, I am also disappointed in Bruno's absence, greatly. Doesn't change anything I said about how crap I thought Longstaff was against Tranmere. He didn't earn his place today with that performance, as far as I'm concerned. It's just my opinion that Bruno's absence is worsened by his sub-par replacement. Don't let my opinion get your knickers in a knot, mate, it's all in good fun. We all want the same thing here.

2-0 to us -- despite Craig bringing the mood down. (Could've been 3-0, though.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Anyone else notice how sky point blank refuse to put Newcastle United on their graphics or how their main presenters never say it? Not just us obviously but it has to be deliberate. 

Anyway, bit of a blow tbh the news all round, I just can't see Longstaff being a PL player in the next couple of years and it goes without saying I'd love to be wrong.

Just switched on and heard Redknapp mewling his utter fuckin contempt for us. Don’t mind Carragher or Neville but that cunt is like an oil slick in a blue suit/brown shoes combo :cuppa:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand people getting worked up about missing players. Nobody could expect us to be able to field a full strength team every game. We are still in a much better shape than the last time we played at Molyneux. There is a manager who has a clue about what he is doing and the confidence in the team is much better.

We might lose today because of us missing important players but it is neither the end of the world nor the season.

• Like 3

Shame about Bruno, I know he was limping a bit during the Tranmere game always a risk when we have to bring him on against a team of throbbers whose entire game plan was to hurt our players. 

Targett deserved to miss out imo, he was very poor against Tranmere and Burn has been decent there imo. My only real complaint with the selections today is I’d rather see Anderson start over either Willock or Longstaff. I expect we will have a lot of energy in this one to try and make up for lack of quality, Wolves aren’t prolific and we are solid so hopefully we can get a goal which would likely win the game. 

• Like 2