Howe's that for a bunch of Cripples v Here's our Graham with a Quick Reminder what a bunch of Shits We are

wykikitoon

This is rarely a good game, no matter how well we play it doesn't tend to matter. The big decisions always go their way vs us.

I'll look forward to this fixture in a few years time when we've matched their spending.

My instinct says Liverpool will win this, but not by the cricket score some are banding around. If Trippier passes his fitness test then we've got our first choice back 5 and we know how stubborn a unit they've become. Our issue today is at the other end of the pitch - no Wilson, ASM, Bruno, Isak will mean lack of attacking threat and I dare say, goals. 

0-2 defeat I'm going for.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Craig said:

My instinct says Liverpool will win this, but not by the cricket score some are banding around. If Trippier passes his fitness test then we've got our first choice back 5 and we know how stubborn a unit they've become. Our issue today is at the other end of the pitch - no Wilson, ASM, Bruno, Isak will mean lack of attacking threat and I dare say, goals. 

0-2 defeat I'm going for.

Marriner will be on full warning to give us fuck all and ensure Liverpool gain points for the top 6 cartel.  2-0 with one being an appalling pen decision 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Marriner will be on full warning to give us fuck all and ensure Liverpool gain points for the top 6 cartel.  2-0 with one being an appalling pen decision 

29502511-4166-4D1B-86BD-D58D875538DD.jpeg

• Haha 2

I know it's in Howe's DNA to generally always approach a match with intention to win it, but part of me wonders if on reflection of what he has available, whether he'll set out for a draw and park the bus. 

It's massively frustrating because Bournemouth aside - which I don't think is a credible yardstick - Liverpool have been gash at the start of this season. Had we had the same team which played against Man City, I'd have fancied us to nick a narrow win. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

I know it's in Howe's DNA to generally always approach a match with intention to win it, but part of me wonders if on reflection of what he has available, whether he'll set out for a draw and park the bus. 

It's massively frustrating because Bournemouth aside - which I don't think is a credible yardstick - Liverpool have been gash at the start of this season. Had we had the same team which played against Man City, I'd have fancied us to nick a narrow win. 

think we've got to frustrate them for the entire game or write it off and build for the weekend. one or the other. can't see us winning unless we get lucky. we still lack a cutting edge. 

Just now, tinofbeans said:

oh that would have been funny. ASM mad a defensive full pack look like a muppet. TAA is not in the same league as walker defensively. 

TAA is great going forward but very suspect going back.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Warren Bartons reputation definitely precedes him.

He was a pretty crap defender and not that great going forward either.

Can say that pretty much for most of the back 5 during 95/96. 

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

At least the others were good at going forward 😁

I'll grant you that, especially Albert & Beresford. None of them were particularly any good at defending and although I know it's considered sacrilege to be anything but praiseworthy of him, Srnicek was a decent shot-stopper and little more. Hislop was no better. 

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If Man Utd get that Anthony fella, watch his fucking fly through 

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer 

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

29502511-4166-4D1B-86BD-D58D875538DD.jpeg

• Haha 2

this team isn't that bad on paper - it's the lack of options off the bench that will do us. 

i hope we play in the same way we did in the past two games. take it to them, press them high. shit or bust  - give the impressive kid anderson more minutes and register isak in time, who knows what will happen?  

image.thumb.png.bfaa334a8e900861c8cda16e95a349e5.png