Howe's that for a bunch of Cripples v Here's our Graham with a Quick Reminder what a bunch of Shits We are

wykikitoon

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He probably won't even get a touch tonight. 

Im saving you all from a hard fall here lads. PUT THE POSITIVITY DOWN FOR A NIGHT

honestly, i'll just be happy if we carry on with the high press and work rate. if they beat us 4 or 5 nil, so be it. they probably would beat us if we sit back and try to defend anyway 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wykiki buying up tickets for the weekly meat draw at his local… 

Wykiki only enters competitions for new, non-pissed bedding sets.

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

You do realise the piss and panic a 5-0 defeat will bring?

Although it might be what's needed to bring some back to reality.

nah - it's a par score away at anfield. they'll beat better teams than us by that many goals.

this one is a free hit. i would agree that 5-0 loss to a we expect to beat would see the return of some damp underwear 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

nah - it's a par score away at anfield. they'll beat better teams than us by that many goals.

this one is a free hit. i would agree that 5-0 loss to a we expect to beat would see the return of some damp underwear 

It easy to say it. Harder to believe it in your heart.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

It easy to say it. Harder to believe it in your heart.

there's always part of you that hopes/wants your team to get a result, otherwise what's the point?

but most of us on here are long enough in the tooth to have realistic expectations. 

i think we'll probably lose, but the way we set up against man city, and away at wolves where we were understrength, gives me hope that we might nick a draw.

and i'll watch the match hoping we approaching it positively again, instead of tuning in out of a sense of duty to see us try to cling on in vain for 90 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Defensively, they were. No point black & white sugar coating it. We all enjoyed the free-flowing attacking football that was on display, but to fail to acknowledge that we didn't have a defence that was capable of winning the league would be a mistake.

I’m happy to agree to disagree, but I think to suggest the likes of Philippe Albert, Steve Watson, Steve Howie, Darren Peacock etc were crap is a ridiculous.

Not to mention DM man David Batty

1 minute ago, Dougle said:

I’m happy to agree to disagree, but I think to suggest the likes of Philippe Albert, Steve Watson, Steve Howie, Darren Peacock etc were crap is a ridiculous.

I've always believed  David Batty getting bought cost us the title. And I'm still right.

Also Craig is wrong

3 minutes ago, Dougle said:

At no point did I say they were 'crap', I said they weren't at a level that was required to win the league. Demonstrably so. 

If in 1996 we'd had a defence as stubborn and resolute as we have today, I reckon we'd have won the league with at least a couple of weeks left to spare. 

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Cupboard is full tbh. I'm currently after a  dictionary

Opening a sweepstake on how many minutes into tonight's encounter (or touches of the ball Longstaff has) before Wykiki rapidly empties the cupboard :lol:

• Haha 4

Just now, Craig said:

Opening a sweepstake on how many minutes into tonight's encounter (or touches of the ball Longstaff has) before Wykiki rapidly empties the cupboard :lol:

Got to be seconds tbh

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Neville fucking Gillespie for me. 

(Though Keegan's bit about not knowing how to win it compared to them is probably the truth). 

Didn't Keegan also cite players who knew what it took to win a title going missing towards the end of the season as well? That would imply Beardsley, Ginola, Batty, Albert & Hooper from our squad that year.

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Warren Bartons reputation definitely precedes him.

He was a pretty crap defender and not that great going forward either.

4 hours ago, Craig said:

Can say that pretty much for most of the back 5 during 95/96. 

I said ‘suggest’.

Which you literally did do.