Howe's that for a bunch of Cripples v Here's our Graham with a Quick Reminder what a bunch of Shits We are

wykikitoon

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think it was a mistake to take Isak off so early for Wood. On paper he's the big lad that provides an outlet. In reality the ball doesn't stick and we just end up turning over possession. I'll not even get on to what he offers as a goal threat. 

Had to be a safety first approach if he's picked up a niggle as Billy Whitehurst throwback Wood was never going to be able to stretch them and give some relief, Murphy who has got the legs was even worse in my view as he has two options when getting the ball, keep possession then find a shirt that isn't red or carry it but he does neither. We were magnificent first half at keeping possession with not a trace of panic and it's so refreshing to see when playing the likes of these or Man City. Time took it's toll and the fresh legs required just didn't have the guile to go with it. As has been said, the scorn, relief and celebration at the end is a sign that the days of handing out toffee to us before patting us on the head after a comfortable 3-0 win are in the past now. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not sure if tv showed this, is from what one of our gang calls “the Thomas Cook Stand” :lol:  choc full of Irish, Scandies, cockneys and other assorted day trippers, his brother is one of them, despite their dad being from Ryton.  One scouse bouve bleating on in the background. It’s as if teams aren’t allowed to do anything to try to beat them…

Scouse epitomize the sentiment of the "Top 6" exclusivity and sense of entitlement associated with the "institutions" of English football. As though beating them is some personal affront to their promised inheritance at the top of the pyramid. Liverpool haven't earned shit except our collective disdain. Our team being booed by that lot is to be worn as a badge of honour. We're under their skin already and we haven't even started yet. This is going to be a wonderful ride.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the game went pretty much as i expected, the only disappointment being we didn't nick the point we deserved in the end. i expect us to give it a go every time now, no matter the opposition, to play the same way and to get a result. it's served us well so far and bodes well for the rest of the season.

i think we deserve to have at least 3 points more on the board than we do at this stage - we should have won against wolves and had a point last night. even against man city you could say we were unfortunate not to take all three points after being two goals up. 

my main concern is injuries and squad depth. this style of play is clearly very demanding - look how many were out on their feet or cramping up at the end of the game. i love how the players have all bought into it but is it sustainable given our lack of squad depth or will the players adapt and develop better endurance as the season progresses? 

My views exactly, don't forget the blatant penalty we were denied against city too. If we play at this tempo we will get injuries and really don't have the depth to cope with this.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not as worried about the fatigue stuff. It's only that tiring a style when you're giving the opposition 70% possession. And there's only 2 or 3 teams in the division where that'll be the case.

When we take an even or better share of the ball, which will be most matches, the fatigue will be much less of an issue. Also 5 subs and ultimately improving our squad so we can swap out on a more like for like basis will help too. 

We've played Man City and Liverpool in the space of 3 league matches, so it's just on your mind more now. 

Although hope this is right too. We do need to strengthen though.

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

My views exactly, don't forget the blatant penalty we were denied against city too. If we play at this tempo we will get injuries and really don't have the depth to cope with this.

Aye, outside of our starting XI we have very little quality. What is encouraging though is that those who do come in can play with the same system and have similar levels of intensity. The stand ins might not be as good but they've been coached just as well and understand their roles which is a credit to Howe.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think it’s interesting that our two best performances this season have been v the two best teams in the league. Basically they gave us room behind them & down their flanks to attack, Wolves & Brighton didn’t… that tempo is terrific but it gets disrupted when teams sit in. A couple of more windows and we might have the players to play a pressing game and keep possession better v massed defences  :good:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Scouse epitomize the sentiment of the "Top 6" exclusivity and sense of entitlement associated with the "institutions" of English football. As though beating them is some personal affront to their promised inheritance at the top of the pyramid. Liverpool haven't earned shit except our collective disdain. Our team being booed by that lot is to be worn as a badge of honour. We're under their skin already and we haven't even started yet. This is going to be a wonderful ride.

Howe nailed it in his interview, we're not here to be liked. Can't wait to beat these fuckera at SJP.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, OTF said:

You'll be doing your hip next, take it easy pop.

Put your hands in the air.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle,
wiggle, wiggle…wiggle your knees
Dem bones, dem bones, dem dancing bones.
Doin’ the skeleton dance.

The-Skeleton-Dance-and-the-History-of-th

I've found a full match reply online this morning and watched back the section on added on time to see what the milestones were:

92:30 - Pope went down under the challenge from Van Dijk

94:05 - Play resumed (95 seconds)

96:35 - Ball went out for the final corner (95 +96s)

97:02 - Corner taken
97:09 - Goal scored.

So it's reasonable to accept we were still in time up until that final corner was awarded. Marriner has done what almost any referee would do and allow that corner to be taken. Let's face it, if it had been at the other end and he'd have blown up before it was taken, we'd have gone nuts. They could also debate that Pope took 40 seconds to take a goal kick in added on time.

Looking objectively, I think we WERE trying to waste time, and we shouldn't be ashamed of that - we had an understrength team at Anfield on the verge of securing a draw. If we weren't trying to kill time then I've got questions about our fitness with the amount of cramp going on.  I think the gameplan from the moment Liverpool equalised was to go for the draw - no coincidence in my mind that Isak & Fraser who had been our best attacking threats came off within 3 minutes.

The VAR call was really tight and open to interpretation - we're all looking at the feet but it's clear Isak's upper body would be considered offside. Some clarity and consistency is required however we've benefitted from 3 VAR calls this season (Miggy goal & Trippier foul v Man City; Wolves disallowed goal). You win some, you lose some. 

We have to accept that we switched off and weren't as savvy in added on time than we should have been. It's a horrific pill to swallow - a draw would have been a fair result but the 'we were absolutely robbed' mantra is neither accurate, nor makes us look good. The one thing I do thing was disgraceful was the antics of the Liverpool bench following their winner. Absolutely unnecessary.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I've found a full match reply online this morning and watched back the section on added on time to see what the milestones were:

So it's reasonable to accept we were still in time up until that final corner was awarded. Marriner has done what almost any referee would do and allow that corner to be taken. Let's face it, if it had been at the other end and he'd have blown up before it was taken, we'd have gone nuts. They could also debate that Pope took 40 seconds to take a goal kick in added on time.

Looking objectively, I think we WERE trying to waste time, and we shouldn't be ashamed of that - we had an understrength team at Anfield on the verge of securing a draw. If we weren't trying to kill time then I've got questions about our fitness with the amount of cramp going on.  I think the gameplan from the moment Liverpool equalised was to go for the draw - no coincidence in my mind that Isak & Fraser who had been our best attacking threats came off within 3 minutes.

The VAR call was really tight and open to interpretation - we're all looking at the feet but it's clear Isak's upper body would be considered offside. Some clarity and consistency is required however we've benefitted from 3 VAR calls this season (Miggy goal & Trippier foul v Man City; Wolves disallowed goal). You win some, you lose some. 

We have to accept that we switched off and weren't as savvy in added on time than we should have been. It's a horrific pill to swallow - a draw would have been a fair result but the 'we were absolutely robbed' mantra is neither accurate, nor makes us look good. The one thing I do thing was disgraceful was the antics of the Liverpool bench following their winner. Absolutely unnecessary.

Yeah, this is 100% right. The extra time was justified. The reaction of their bench and some fans was desperate. I'd rather we didn't time waste in extra time.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

He's bang on

Really, you want an extra official to keep time? Surely that's the ref's job and there is some discretion. Its not the thing to take away from this game though.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Really, you want an extra official to keep time? Surely that's the ref's job and there is some discretion. Its not the thing to take away from this game though.

What they should do is what they do in rugby and stop the clock.  Then it's clear for all to see. 

• Like 1

I was livid last night but in reality them getting the goal when they did is probably fine. It's never been a game where things are measured to the exact second. They probably got 40 or 50 seconds more than they should. 

We should stop moaning and instead focus on how fucking ecstatic that whole ground was to nick a winner against a club they've not had to give a second thought to for decades. Once Dr Teeth goes, they're gonna be scratting around for a replacement who won't be as good. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Craig said:

The bench weren’t as bad as that little fuckin scrote Harvey Elliott. Dancing around in front of us after their winner and celebrating by making gun signs with the goal scorer, in Liverpool, a week after a 9 year old girl was killed in her own home in the city. Wee fucker was also their best player…