Howe's that for a bunch of Cripples v Here's our Graham with a Quick Reminder what a bunch of Shits We are

wykikitoon

Just now, wykikitoon said:

You're comparing 12 seconds to 3+ minutes :lol: 

Jesus titty Christ, you're on about implementing a rugby-style hooter that blows on full time. doesn't matter if it's 12 seconds or 12 minutes, the goal wouldn't stand.  :lol:

The additional time last night, which was NOT 3 minutes, was justified by the injury to Pope and him taking almost a minute to take a goal kick during added-on time. 

Just now, Craig said:

Jesus titty Christ, you're on about implementing a rugby-style hooter that blows on full time. doesn't matter if it's 12 seconds or 12 minutes, the goal wouldn't stand.  :lol:

The additional time last night, which was NOT 3 minutes, was justified by the injury to Pope and him taking almost a minute to take a goal kick during added-on time. 

So you clearly don't watch rugby,

In this instance the ball is dead when it goes out of play.  Be a try, touch or completed tackle.  Last night the ball went for a corner, i.e it's dead.  The Bruno goal would have stood as it was still in play. 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So you clearly don't watch rugby,

In this instance the ball is dead when it goes out of play.  Be a try, touch or completed tackle.  Last night the ball went for a corner, i.e it's dead.  The Bruno goal would have stood as it was still in play. 

It's not rugby though, it's football. A football referee seldom blows the full time whistle when the ball is out of play.

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

the scousers and their toothy manager are still just a bunch of cunts!

This we can agree on. And also the fact they clearly fear us.

• Like 1

We were tactically fouling, going down 'injured', wasting time. If you do that you also have to be switched on until the final whistle eventually goes. Joelinton had the ball in the corner and crossed instead of just running the clock down. Try and win a corner, a free kick, a throw in, anything that keeps the ball as far from our goal as possible.

Delighted with the performance, proud of the lads who came in and blown away by Isak.

Mustn't be forgotten that we were without our first choice midfielder, biggest attacking threat thus far and what has been our 1st choice CB partnership.

Put it this way, Bruno and ASM get replaced by Fraser and Longstaff and we walk away with at least a point. 

• Like 1

It's not the actual time that bothers me it's how it's applied differently according to the teams and situation. 

I remember two examples from 95/96 - when we lost 1-0 to Man Utd at home the whistle went 30 seconds after the 90th minute as that score was "correct" but when they were trailing 1-0 at QPR it was fine for Cantona to equalise after 5 o clock. 

If they'd scored last night in the 89th minute there would have been 3 minutes at most put up and even a player dying with full last rites being applied on the pitch wouldn't have delayed the whistle at that mark by a nanosecond. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Craig said:

And we've also had instances where the system has helped us:

Miggy's goal vs Man City
Trippier's red card being overturned

Wolves's goal being chalked off

Swings and roundabouts, man.

Theyre not comparable at all.

Toms listed instances where its not just "not helped" but where its actively got decisions wrong or not intervened in wrong decisions on the pitch. These shouldnt happen.

Youve listed three where var /has/ done its job, the decisions youve listed were justifiably corrected.

Var hasnt got decisions wrong in our favour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

It happened in the Man City game man! Got to 99 iirc, only 4 or 5 minutes added time.

That's because Man City were pushing for a winner (the "correct" outcome). 

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Toms listed instances where its not just "not helped" but where its actively got decisions wrong or not intervened in wrong decisions on the pitch. These shouldnt happen.

Youve listed three where var /has/ done its job, the decisions youve listed were justifiably corrected.

Dunno about that, like. 

I've hazy recollections of VAR helping us out incorrectly, like Lascelles getting away with one, even after a VAR check. 

Admittedly, this is hazy, so doesn't bear much weight.

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

tumblr-913e5dff66cc9d08355ae52d2c1eb6fa-

giphy-4.gif

I've been suitably distracted and cheered up. 

Time we gave this thread up and got back to hoping for one last signing or a loan within the last 11 hrs. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

It's not the actual time that bothers me it's how it's applied differently according to the teams and situation. 

I remember two examples from 95/96 - when we lost 1-0 to Man Utd at home the whistle went 30 seconds after the 90th minute as that score was "correct" but when they were trailing 1-0 at QPR it was fine for Cantona to equalise after 5 o clock. 

If they'd scored last night in the 89th minute there would have been 3 minutes at most put up and even a player dying with full last rites being applied on the pitch wouldn't have delayed the whistle at that mark by a nanosecond. 

"Big" teams get the big decisions, nothing new there (surprised you had to go back 23 years to make the point). We'll be benefitting in 10 years from this, and I doubt any of us will complain. 

• Like 1

Time wasting I'm sure is part of Howe's tactics. Uninjured players go down to break up the opposition play. Happens a lot, Pope was an example in injury time. I'm not complaining, it's legitimate, but we shouldn't complain when it backfires. 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

The consensus on here was that Wilson's goal at Brighton was rightly chalked off! I love how the narrative changes to suit the subjective arguement :lol:

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Dunno about that, like. 

I've hazy recollections of VAR helping us out incorrectly, like Lascelles getting away with one, even after a VAR check. 

Admittedly, this is hazy, so doesn't bear much weight.

Schar was IMO bloody lucky not to see red at Wolves.