Extra Time on Extra Time Hating Bastards v Exhibition Building Loving, Shandy Drinking Fannies

wykikitoon

Ref's a cunt. Common sentiment from week to week at this point, isn't it? Obviously, it's almost certainly not the case, but it does really make you wonder what goes on behind the scenes with the "Big 6". What lengths might they go to to keep us out of their exclusive club? It's not like football is impervious to the bribing of referees by big clubs seeking any advantage that they can find.

It's either a goal (which it is). But if, by some retarded logic it isn't a goal, then it's penalty to us and a red card for the denial of a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity because of the push in the back on Willock. What it isn't in a million years is a free kick to their lot!

Also, the second commentator on the Optus Sport channel in Australia was one of the most one-eyed cunts I've ever had to listen to. He blatantly referred to Palace as "us" multiple times throughout the match and on multiple occasions was heard audibly groaning on the comms when Palace missed chances to score. And even he thought our goal should've stood!

Apart from that the boys played well enough considering who we were missing again. Can't think of anyone who played poorly although we did lack for some quality in the final third. Isak should've scored too but those sorts of things happen from time to time in a 1-on-1.

We really had more than enough chances to win the game so I guess we can't complain about the ref too much, but fuck me, that was one of the worst uses of VAR I've seen.

• Like 1

That nails it like. Even if it is from the CN. I think refs automatically think they probably need to change their decision if they’re asked to review it. Then he didn’t see an edit which showed the full incident. So he’s basically being influenced to change a correct decision by the VAR officials. Mental when you think about it like that 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

20220903_145306.thumb.jpg.575b5440be7d6ddda0e81d2e9c637a0f.jpg

First match in ages, I wore my special shirt, and still no goals. Livid. 

Steve Marshall Barnes' dyslexia is no trivial matter.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Alex said:

He’ll start changing his tune about his time here and do a history rewrite if we start winning things 👍🏻

I really dislike that he is so heavily involved in the punditry that we get served up in Australia. One of the last things you want to see after being dudded by a horrible refereeing decision is his face, regardless of what he is saying.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Why the fuck did we get Lee fucking Mason again as VAR referee? Twice in just one week.

I’ve read elsewhere this morning he’s also got the VAR gig for the Man Utd v Arsenal game this afternoon. 

Has he had his driving licence rescinded or something? Seems to be on VAR a hell of a lot!

10 hours ago, Alex said:

That nails it like. Even if it is from the CN. I think refs automatically think they probably need to change their decision if they’re asked to review it. Then he didn’t see an edit which showed the full incident. So he’s basically being influenced to change a correct decision by the VAR officials. Mental when you think about it like that 

Even more mental when it's apparently the VAR who determines which angle(s) the on field ref gets to see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

Even more mental when it's apparently the VAR who determines which angle(s) the on field ref gets to see.

it’s actually the techie VT neeks who do so. 

What I don’t understand is why the alternative camera view was from the same side. It needs to give it from both sides so that the referee is full appraised of everything. 

19 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Our lot will be out on their feet after an hour after Wednesdays efforts iyam :cuppa:

This was my thought on it, we did better than I thought initially, Isak has to score that and it's a different game but lethargy crept in, big Joe was sloppy with distribution and when Murphy is the answer off the bench you're screwed. Again, Anderson showed potential which is good to see I just hope he's used correctly as there's something there, the var decision I've only seen the replay once at the stadium and it looked a joke then, seriously something not right with this fucking var shit, I can almost excuse incompetence if it's a toss up who gets the breaks but it seems more often than not it's unlucky old Newcastle United on the recieving end. The bloke sees that on var and just goes with the original decision surely? Then the ref compounds the var dickhead by overruling the correct original decision, scandalous. With more quality these things shouldn't hurt us as much, unless we get really good and it's a tight six pointer against Liverpool football club, (never just Liverpool) when the clowns will once again use whatever logic is necessary to make the call go a certain way. It fucking stinks.

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

This was my thought on it, we did better than I thought initially, Isak has to score that and it's a different game but lethargy crept in, big Joe was sloppy with distribution and when Murphy is the answer off the bench you're screwed. Again, Anderson showed potential which is good to see I just hope he's used correctly as there's something there, the var decision I've only seen the replay once at the stadium and it looked a joke then, seriously something not right with this fucking var shit, I can almost excuse incompetence if it's a toss up who gets the breaks but it seems more often than not it's unlucky old Newcastle United on the recieving end. The bloke sees that on var and just goes with the original decision surely? Then the ref compounds the var dickhead by overruling the correct original decision, scandalous. With more quality these things shouldn't hurt us as much, unless we get really good and it's a tight six pointer against Liverpool football club, (never just Liverpool) when the clowns will once again use whatever logic is necessary to make the call go a certain way. It fucking stinks.

That yesterday seemed bent for the reasons you and others have outlined . Others not so much as you say. There wasn’t a massive outcry from Man City fans & the football public in general when it was used in that game in our favour because VAR reached the correct decision that no one could reasonably argue with .  Before VAR we did have the frankly ludicrous situation where the commentators and gimps in the studio could assess contentious decisions and incidents better than the refs on the pitch. The ref only has one view in real time. So now we have the equally ridiculous situation where the media have got their way with VAR but it’s being used to overturn demonstrably correct decisions as called on the pitch by the ref :lol: 

• Like 3

Shearer could not hide his disgust at the decision at St James' Park, and insists there was only one man 'to blame' for denying the Magpies a potential winning goal. He told Match of the Day: "If you thought that West Ham decision was bad, have a look at this one. Again, it's shocking, it's abysmal, it's disgraceful, whatever word you want to use.

"Willock is actually going to head that so ball Mitchell shoves him, so he knows that. The referee Michael Salisbury, this is his seventh game so he's inexperienced, he actually gets it right.

"He gives the goal, it's Lee Mason on VAR who somehow bizarrely tells him no, you've made a howler. That's meant to be a howler from the referee, so Lee Mason tells him to go to the screen and only show him these angles.

"Bizarrely enough, they don't show him this angle. I mean, all angles it's a foul but that one it's clear, and he doesn't see that one. Lee Mason is the one to blame in this situation because it's an inexperienced referee, so he thinks oh my goodness, I've made a howler here and I've got to go change my mind or go against an experienced referee.

"At this level, you're in the big boys league, you've got to get that decision right. He's had no help from the VAR whatsoever. Mike Riley [head of the PGMOL] wasn't up to the job, they've got rid of him although he's still in it till Howard Webb comes in at Christmas time.

@Craig can you please set him straight?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Have his gaffers had a word with him? 

Where has this reasonableness come from? 

This is what he's going to point to as evidence of him being "balanced" the next time he's carrying on like a bellend.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

VAR is ruining the game. Every single match now features at least one poor VAR decision. It's having the complete opposite affect of why it was created in the first place.

Is it though? Pardon my conspiratorial tone like but it often seems that the ‘bigger’ the club, the more chance of VAR going in a certain direction.

The top boys want a closed shop, no entry to their club. We know that literally from the Super League disgrace.

They know it’s only a matter of time before we gate-crash and I’m sure they are more than happy to see that length of time be as long as possible.

It has helped us a lot this season too mind, overturning decisions that would have hurt us. I think that issue at Palace was just incompetence on the part of whoever was officiating it rather than the system itself.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It has helped us a lot this season too mind, overturning decisions that would have hurt us. I think that issue at Palace was just incompetence on the part of whoever was officiating it rather than the system itself.

Has it helped beyond its intended scope though? 

Have any var decisions gone our way this season that were as blatantly wrong as the two penalties we should have had or yesterdays fiasco? 

As far as I can tell its made three correct decisions for us, which is the minimum it should be doing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Has it helped beyond its intended scope though? 

Have any var decisions gone our way this season that were as blatantly wrong as the two penalties we should have had or yesterdays fiasco? 

As far as I can tell its made three correct decisions for us, which is the minimum it should be doing. 

Agree but I just mean that without it, those decisions go against us. I know it got it right rather than doing us a favour, but that's the point really. 3 decisions which it turned around for us to get a justified outcome, that we otherwise wouldn't have had.

• Like 1