Extra Time on Extra Time Hating Bastards v Exhibition Building Loving, Shandy Drinking Fannies

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think we’re stuck with VAR now but I think I agree it would be better if it was just the goal line technology. I thought the teething problems would be sorted out but, if anything, it’s getting worse. The marginal offsides bug the fuck out of me. If it’s a howler by the assistant referee that’s one thing. But when they need to keep looking and looking at it then the principle should be you stick with the on-field decision. It’s often almost impossible to say if the pass has been played or is just about to be played at the moment the player is just on or offside. I also hate the way you can barely celebrate a goal now knowing there’s a good chance you’ll have to wait about 2 minutes to have it confirmed

Offsides should be calculated from the players feet or changed so there needs to be daylight between the players. Trying to judge which part of a players shoulder or shirt sleeve your drawing a line from is mental.

The rule was designed to stop players standing 20yards offside, not their shirt sleeve being 3mm in front of the defender 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Howay said:

Even this bitter wanksplat agrees. 

He’ll start changing his tune about his time here and do a history rewrite if we start winning things 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Offsides should be calculated from the players feet or changed so there needs to be daylight between the players. Trying to

judge which part of a players shoulder or shirt sleeve your drawing a line from is mental.

The rule was designed to stop players standing 20yards offside, not their shirt sleeve being 3mm in front of the defender 

That's where I think it needs to get to. Clear daylight between the players. Much like with the ball having to be completely over the line, I think for a player to be offside he needs to be completely goalside of the defender. 

• Like 1

Only seen the game from inside the ground so know real idea about decisions etc.

Imo this is the frustrating season we are going to have due to some of the steaming shit we still have stinking out the place.

Its frustrating because Eddie has the tactics geared up for a great style of play, but we just don’t have a good enough squad yet to get the best from it.

Miggy runs his socks off but just goes to pieces in the box. Longstaff is just not a prem footballer and fucking Murphy, just fuck off please.

Hopefully we can get the best 11 fit and keep them fit through til January when reinforcements come in.

Think Isaks is going to be very good and wish he would give Anderson a start.

Willock just can’t seem to deliver that extra 20% that would make him a good footballer.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Only seen the game from inside the ground so know real idea about decisions etc.

Make  a call CT, what do you reckon? 

It's going to be a top ten consolidation season, not a European push. Which was all it was ever going to be really unless some absolute gems became available at quite low prices on the transfer market. We're a good team, the players all try, the system is great, I can't really fault any of them for effort - but we just don't have the depth to make sure we always have quality to cover when the key men are out.

It's fine though, we'll improve. The thing that should really be satisfying to us at this stage is that the system of play works. It really does. The players have bought into it, and I think at this point we've been consistently good for about half a season, maybe more. That's not a flash in the pan or a purple patch, it's just the level we have now. It's been a great start for both Howe and the new owners. We just need to be patient.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We are heading the right direction. The football is good and we are creating chances. Pope made some critical saves which would have gone in, in years gone by. Im not worried.

Agreed. We need to be mindful that we're without key players and still performing. Isak has had to be dropped in the deep end and it'll take time for him to properly gel. What I've seen so far is good. Wait until ASM & Bruno are back. We'll up the tempo even more.

Absolutely.  We kept another clean sheet.  That's 3 this season!

Throw ASM in the mix and that gives opposition defenders another person to worry about.  We need that threat from ASM and Isak and Bruno and it's on the up IMO.

1 hour ago, aimaad22 said:

Whats his basis for saying that? He would have only gone up in people estimation if he'd said the truth, they'd still have their bloody point.

And whats the rationale for not awarding a penalty for the push if they have chalked off the goal, why not review that. Just shocking decision making all around. Still absolutely seething I am :lol: 

Viera has always been and remains a cunt. 

(wouldn't say it to his face, obviously). 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's going to be a top ten consolidation season, not a European push. Which was all it was ever going to be really unless some absolute gems became available at quite low prices on the transfer market. We're a good team, the players all try, the system is great, I can't really fault any of them for effort - but we just don't have the depth to make sure we always have quality to cover when the key men are out.

It's fine though, we'll improve. The thing that should really be satisfying to us at this stage is that the system of play works. It really does. The players have bought into it, and I think at this point we've been consistently good for about half a season, maybe more. That's not a flash in the pan or a purple patch, it's just the level we have now. It's been a great start for both Howe and the new owners. We just need to be patient.

We're unbeaten save some dodgy reffing at Anfield. Unbeaten at home for yonks. Without 3 of our best players for recent matches. January transfer window is open in 14 games. I mean, you're probably right, and I agree entirely about the system working, but a push for Europa is definitely possible. But I'll settle for a cup. ;)

• Like 1

I was saying to my mate at the match today, there are upgrades needed throughout the squad. Almiron, Fraser, Murphy, Longstaff, Wood. All need upgraded. It's just gonna take time, Rome wasn't built in a day. 

At full strength we're really good. But scratch the surface and we're struggling. 

• Like 2

And with the state that Ashley left the academy in, there’s not even a sliver of hope that there’s some good kids coming through to knock the likes of Murphy, Longstaff and Wood out of contention. The fact Anderson has come through and looks like he could be the business is a miracle.

• Like 1

My eldest got a calendar from the club shop for free about Easter time when he bought some training gear. So keeping in mind these will be made well before Xmas, as that’s when most are sold it reflects what the first XI was like at the start of last season. The point of this shit story is that when you look at what he had roughly 12 months ago - honestly we were absolutely fucking tragic. Even the injury-depleted side we put out today is streets ahead 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

we’re only a few games in. Let’s have this conversation again in late autumn. I think we could finish anywhere from 5-10th. Anything outside top 10 would be disappointing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig said:

I agree with this, the techie VT neeks at Stockley Park fucked up big time. THIS is the angle they should have presented Salisbury with:

If only someone had pointed that out to you…

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

WHO SHOWS HIM THE ANGLES CRAIG?!??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Must be more optimistic than some of you here. We are a handful of games in, look organised, solid. We have played the top 2 from last season and weve dropped probably the first expected points today. We've got 4 first team players out and yet we are still taking games to teams. If we go on a run like we did last season, then there's absolutely nothing stopping us getting top 6.

Plenty to be positive about, and it's early days yet. It's a tough league this year with a lot of surprising results already. 

• Like 1