The Golf Thread

Tom

Played probably my worst round yesterday in a competition before my mates wedding....and then one of my best today. 

For fucks sake man. Why in that order!? :lol: 

Starting to see draw on my iron shots and it's a nice feeling. 

• Haha 1

Yeh :lol: 

Id just changed my swing to incorporate the correct hip movement, so I'm finding the ball actually goes where I want it to and there's no slice. 

So that was massively in my head yesterday I think, although bizarrely my tee shots were spot on, it's just the errr five or six after that which were poor :lol: 

> Played probably my worst round yesterday in a competition before my mates wedding....and then one of my best today. 

Assuming this wedding happened inbetween rounds I'd be inclined to guess you're are bit like me and move more naturally when yer either mildly hungover or still completely pissed from the night before..

But I know fuck all about golf. 

Yeh the golf was at the wedding! Immediately after finishing I was on the pints 

I had to set off at 6am to get there and it was a decent drive but I played terrible.

Had a good sup afterwards like :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh the golf was at the wedding! Immediately after finishing I was on the pints 

I had to set off at 6am to get there and it was a decent drive but I played terrible.

Had a good sup afterwards like :lol: 

You've lost me man. Best wishes to the bride and groom and all that obviously, but did the good round (of golf) come before or after the session?

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Id just changed my swing to incorporate the correct hip movement, so I'm finding the ball actually goes where I want it to and there's no slice. 

Look at you, with your new fangled ideas about the ball going in the right direction if you actually put yourself in the right position to hit it. 

So that's where I went wrong.  I was more

Golfer in last place hits Happy Gilmore shot off the first tee | For The Win

I can see where I may have gone wrong :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely knock round Slayley Hall today. (Got very wet like :lol: )

Im starting to notice some decent progress now, especially with putting. Moved from a blade to a TaylorMade Spider which is a mallet...I much prefer it.

It must remove some of the margin of error or something. Dunno.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...