Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth - QEII Sombre Edition

wykikitoon

Isak seems a bit wasted playing through the middle. I'd rather see him in wide positions getting on the ball a bit more. When he gets it he looks class. 

I know he's basically the only choice at the minute but feels like we're not seeing the best of him. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Isak seems a bit wasted playing through the middle. I'd rather see him in wide positions getting on the ball a bit more. When he gets it he looks class. 

Not getting a lot of service is he? Its becoming a very predictable story. We press well control the game but just dont have the quality in the final third and Bournemouth seem setup relying on just that.

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Not getting a lot of service is he? Its becoming a very predictable story. We press well control the game but just dont have the quality in the final third and Bournemouth seem setup relying on just that.

He's getting nowt. I'd just sooner see him getting it out wide than Fraser or Miggy. 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

We need to be patient. As has been pointed out Bournemouth are defending very well, but they won't be able to keep that level up for 90 minutes. 

Especially as they keep fouling and will start to pick up a few more yellows.

• Like 1

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

This is going to sound a bit left-field but this is a game for Chris Wood. There I said it.

I'd get him on solely to allow Isak to get amongst it a bit more. I'd then immediately regret it. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

This is going to sound a bit left-field but this is a game for Chris Wood. There I said it.

agreed. Two up front. Give us a target and their defenders something to think about because Isak is outnumbered whenever the ball comes his way 

I'd get him on solely to allow Isak to get amongst it a bit more. I'd then immediately regret it. 

Fair shout on Wood. Put Isak on the wide. Can't be worse than Miggy/Fraser out wide combo.

He's getting nowt. I'd just sooner see him getting it out wide than Fraser or Miggy. 

I hear what you're saying but I don't think this will increase our chances of scoring. We need to keep working the short passes and when we get in the box we need agressive runs/movement at the front and back posts.

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Almiron hooked, Wood on, and then Isak either swapping flanks with Fraser or playing in Almiron's position. Wood can't be much worse than Almiron's backwards and sideways passing at the minute. 

Just now, Polarboy said:

Wood can't be much worse than Almiron's backwards and sideways passing at the minute. 

Honestly man sure as death that. Miggy running top speed as if he's burst right through the defense only to bring the move to a screeching halt with sideways pass.

• Jaysus... 1